Harbinger PVE DPS Leaderboard

xIphonex

It would be nice if you added class leaderboards in addition to the overall one. Would make things more interesting.

Yes, in addition to keeping a top 15 DPS parses list, please keep another one that separates parses by class type, as Sonicfury here suggests. Without question some classes are capable of dealing higher single-target damage than others. As such, if this list is to be composed of just the top 15 parses then it is likely to be dominated by a few class types and their mirrors (unless there ends up being a dearth of submissions that is). It's a great idea though. This addition will just allow more people to participate.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of these people posting seem to have no idea that Chukles is running a dps shadow. For the longest time, us sins and shadows were considered the gimpest of the dps and were not sought after for raid groups, people wanted maras, pts, mercs, sorcs, etc. Not to mention we are a melee class. Frankly, this server is full of group players and I am sad to say I don't know enough of them. This thread can serve many purpose depending on how you look at it, why not look at it like a learning tool?

Looking at Chuks' parse can give me ideas about how to push my damage higher. From looking at the logs I can get a sense of what he is gearing is like and how his rotations play out. The same goes for the mara logs. I have a lvl 50 fresh marauder I am looking to get geared up and this is extremely valuable information. You can read about specs and rotations all you want but this is how someone actually play the class and learning from them is what makes you a better player. I am so tired of thousands of threads asking about rotations, stats to gear for, how to do better, etc, when they could have just gone to torparse and look up the logs.

Seriously, a 2200 dps gunslinger's log are up here, I am going to be studying his rotations. I have always face palmed when I see ppl say snipers are **** for pve in fleet chat.

Chukles and I have had a lot of convo on rotations and how to push our dps, to do better, it is what we aim for in this game. I don't understand why the first thing that comes to people's minds are epeen and ego. Sure it is a part of it, but most of us aren't 16 anymore. Maybe if all the haters look at these logs more and learn to gear/play properly, they post a log here too at some point...

Fit my reaction perfectly, I plan on using this thread as a DPS reference and to see if I can get a group of people the same class as me so we can theory craft together rotations, stats, etc. to get the highest DPS possible. Also, here's a link to my parse http://www.torparse.com/a/68956/time/1355007569/1355007868

Arsenal Merc. 6/31/4

Edited by BreakingNews

It's a bit anomalous as I normally don't hit this high, but here's the best I've ever done on an ops dummy: 1967.99, http://www.torparse.com/a/67795. Gunnery Commando woooo. I'm normally low 1900s, high 1800s if high impact bolt and demo round crits decide to be a no-show.

I'm in the camp that agrees it'd be good to have a reference, especially class-by-class. I know a guildie of mine's using Chukles' DPS info to figure out the ceiling on his shadow's DPS and it's certainly opened his eyes to some more possibilities.

Edit: forgot to add spec: 6/31/4

Edited by shadynut

It's a bit anomalous as I normally don't hit this high, but here's the best I've ever done on an ops dummy: 1967.99, http://www.torparse.com/a/67795. Gunnery Commando woooo. I'm normally low 1900s, high 1800s if high impact bolt and demo round crits decide to be a no-show.

I'm in the camp that agrees it'd be good to have a reference, especially class-by-class. I know a guildie of mine's using Chukles' DPS info to figure out the ceiling on his shadow's DPS and it's certainly opened his eyes to some more possibilities.

Edit: forgot to add spec: 6/31/4

Ooooo, same spec, I now have something to look forward too. Gonna try and top your parse if I can :D just gotta theory craft a bit more with my rotation.

I find that anticipateing mechanics, clean mid rotation target swaps, and intelligent use and coordination of cooldowns means alot more to PVE dps then training dummy parses. Just sayin.

Before you get in depth into the mechanics, you better make sure you have your rotations perfect. You could be the best strategy player but can't do **** since your rotations sucks and you hit enrage. (Worst case scenario).

Everything all go hand in hand, what you said is true but everyone already knows those things. There are threads on boss mechanics, go post in those.

Edited by Dierdrea

Ooooo, same spec, I now have something to look forward too. Gonna try and top your parse if I can :D just gotta theory craft a bit more with my rotation.

Heheh, like I said, it was anomalous. If you look carefully, I crit on 10/19 high impact bolts (rail shot) and 11/19 demo rounds (heatseeker missiles) which is quite a bit higher than it should've (my tech crit is at 40%). So that, plus demo round's +30% crit damage makes for a fairly high dps parse.

Heheh, like I said, it was anomalous. If you look carefully, I crit on 10/19 high impact bolts (rail shot) and 11/19 demo rounds (heatseeker missiles) which is quite a bit higher than it should've (my tech crit is at 40%). So that, plus demo round's +30% crit damage makes for a fairly high dps parse.

Oh man, I see that. I agree with you on that being anomalous. When I get a good parse, which would have tech crit above like 35%, I avg around 1900+ dps, but when it seems like nothing crits and I don't get any unload procs, it drops down to like 1750+ dps.

Agree. The issue is not the classes you've mentioned are gimped, but rather 9/10, Jugg DPS, Snipers, Operative DPS, Sin DPS, Jugg Tanks (and their Rep equivalent) have difficulty performing up to par, hence the general audience's perception overtime that they are weak. This thread by chukles is actually very good by changing that perception by sharing actual parses, and can actually help existing good players improve themselves if they bother to look@ the logs. Yes it is true you need good gear to make it to the top parses. BUT i guarentee you would be able to increase your DPS muchmore by improving your rotation/cast priority, than say getting more dread guard upgrades...

Thumbs up for starting the thread :D

Pines

Most of these people posting seem to have no idea that Chukles is running a dps shadow. For the longest time, us sins and shadows were considered the gimpest of the dps and were not sought after for raid groups, people wanted maras, pts, mercs, sorcs, etc. Not to mention we are a melee class. Frankly, this server is full of group players and I am sad to say I don't know enough of them. This thread can serve many purpose depending on how you look at it, why not look at it like a learning tool?

Looking at Chuks' parse can give me ideas about how to push my damage higher. From looking at the logs I can get a sense of what he is gearing is like and how his rotations play out. The same goes for the mara logs. I have a lvl 50 fresh marauder I am looking to get geared up and this is extremely valuable information. You can read about specs and rotations all you want but this is how someone actually play the class and learning from them is what makes you a better player. I am so tired of thousands of threads asking about rotations, stats to gear for, how to do better, etc, when they could have just gone to torparse and look up the logs.

Seriously, a 2200 dps gunslinger's log are up here, I am going to be studying his rotations. I have always face palmed when I see ppl say snipers are **** for pve in fleet chat.

Chukles and I have had a lot of convo on rotations and how to push our dps, to do better, it is what we aim for in this game. I don't understand why the first thing that comes to people's minds are epeen and ego. Sure it is a part of it, but most of us aren't 16 anymore. Maybe if all the haters look at these logs more and learn to gear/play properly, they post a log here too at some point...

Im just curious as to what gear exactly. Is ith the DG MH and OH you have ? what mods are you mainly running? I wish this game had an armory like WOW so i could check your gear out... IF you have a link to your gear like on askmrrobot can you share? am interested to see what stats you invested in chuckles :)

Hey there my old nemeses' spliffy and chuckles:p I just wanted to jump in here to let you know that when I get back from Maui next week the first thing I'm going to do is parse a 2000 on the dummy:P

(Not likely in war hero gear)

Ps chuckles I am still preparing a fine gift for you don't think I forgot :p

That's some nice dps for a 5m period though and I have no idea how you are even able to finish a rotation on the fleet dummy with all that lag o.O

-Darth Plaje

Edited by JP_Legatus

I love you chuckles... would love you more if you had an AMR profile like Kuvox above :). Im no slouch in the dps race and do fantastic in pve but on the dummy i am having an issue getting to 1800 with DG and Campaign gear.. my MH is the Campaign and OH is DG.... so would love to see what gear im competing with. Also would let me know if im modding wrong and so forth :)