Fresh level 50, couple of questions

XxRasXx

I just recently dinged 50 on my JK guardian and at first i expected to just pretty much put her on the shelf and move on to an alt. Turns out i have to much fun on that toon and can't just shelf her lol. This is my first 50 and i've heard alot about dailies, HMs (hard mode flashpoints i'm guesing?), OPs (operations, obviously?), and ultimately gearing yourself out. I just have a few questions about these things, among other things. Figured this would be the best place to ask.

1. I've started running the dailies on correlia, belsavis, and ilium. I've heard these are the only spots for them, is this correct? Also, with all the daily commendations i went ahead and bought the purple guardian hilt and all the purple armoring i need from the daily vendors on these worlds, i didn't waste those did i? And whats the next thing i should be saving up those commendations for?

2. The hardmode flashpoints. I haven't started doing any of these yet, partly because im not sure if i'm "geared out" enough to be useful to the group. Are there unspoken requirements that groups generally look for? I'm a vengance guardian and will be using the group finder to que up for dps spots so as not to be expected to tank.

3. Kind of ties into question 1 but, is there certain gear i should aiming for? On the fleet i've looked at rakata, tionese, black hole, things like that, but don't know how to get the commendations for these and i hate how they look. The mods are really what matter and i'll be able to just pull them out and put them in what i currently have, correct? All the other 50s i see running dailies, many have 18-20k endurance, while i sit at 16-17k. Really makes me wonder how to make it that far.

4. Finally, getting credits. Just running the dailies a good amount has been flowing in, but i've got my eye on a purple lightsaber crystal on the market, and they seem to go for 1-2mil :eek:. Im almost at 400 synthweaving, same with archeology and underworld trading, is there a good way to get some credits through this? Selling crafted items doesnt seem to really be the answer, i think, as the time invested in getting the materials, then waiting to craft them, when they only sell for 20-50k, if they sell, on the market. Honestly, i haven't given getting credits to much thought so i could be wrong, and crafting and selling is the answer. Or is just selling groups of high end crafting material the way to go?

Also, for my companion i've been running with doc for heals. Got him geared out with the best level gear i could find, and afford, on the market. Focused on cunning. That the way to go? Or should i buy him some orange gear and invest more heavily into gearing him up? And are there certain mobs, places that a purple crystal might drop? I know they're rare but any tips on how to get them other than buying off the market?

Think that's all thats been bugging me lately, sorry if this is the wrong spot to be asking questions like this or if these questions have been asked many times. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

edited for spelling

Edited by XxRasXx

The first thing you should do is go back to the fleet and get your free Recruit PvP gear in Combat Training section of the fleet (Mission Terminal)

This gear will probably be better then the orange gear you have now. It will also be good enough to run Black Talon Hard Mode. You can use the group finder to easily find a group for that. Before you run any Flashpoints make sure you have your Daily & Weekly mission for Flashpoints (also from the fleet Supply area)

Running Black Talon will earn you Columi commendations that you can then trade it for gear. As you get better gear you can run more Flashpoints, starting with Boarding Party then The Foundry and then the rest.

You want to also try running story mode operations though the group finder, as that is a very fast way to get Columi gear.

Running dailies is good for earning credits and Daily commendations that can be traded for Rakata Ear Pieces, Implants & Relics. Don't buy mods as they are not as good as the Columi gear you will get very soon.

I hope this helps

I just recently dinged 50 on my JK guardian and at first i expected to just pretty much put her on the shelf and move on to an alt. Turns out i have to much fun on that toon and can't just shelf her lol. This is my first 50 and i've heard alot about dailies, HMs (hard mode flashpoints i'm guesing?), OPs (operations, obviously?), and ultimately gearing yourself out. I just have a few questions about these things, among other things. Figured this would be the best place to ask.

1. I've started running the dailies on correlia, belsavis, and ilium. I've heard these are the only spots for them, is this correct? Yup.Also, with all the daily commendations i went ahead and bought the purple guardian hilt and all the purple armoring i need from the daily vendors on these worlds, i didn't waste those did i? No, you didn't waste them if they were an upgrade to what you had. You can save them for tier gear implants and earpieces though. And whats the next thing i should be saving up those commendations for? As I touched on before, tier gear earpiece and implants or relics;they are easy enough to come by via the GTN(if you have creds) or through HM FPs and SM Ops though. These days I'm mainly running dailies for the credits aside from the Black Hole ones. BH comms are used to buy items of the highest tier as of yet, see what is an upgrade for you and save or buy it.

2. The hardmode flashpoints. I haven't started doing any of these yet, partly because im not sure if i'm "geared out" enough to be useful to the group. Are there unspoken requirements that groups generally look for?HM FPs you generally want to have gear with daily commendation mods in it. Full blue gear and mods at the very least and around 15K+ health for HM FPs as a dps. These reqs vary by server. I'm a vengance guardian and will be using the group finder to que up for dps spots so as not to be expected to tank.

3. Kind of ties into question 1 but, is there certain gear i should aiming for?BH is the current top of the line in PvE followed by Rakata,Columi and Tionese. You can get tokens or pieces from bosses or as quest rewards or get actual tier drops from bosses in Operations and HM FPs. Don't forget to pickup your daily and weekly group/Operation quests to gear up even faster. Once you accumulate enough tokens or actual pieces from boss drops, return to the respective vendor and purchase your gear. On the fleet i've looked at rakata, tionese, black hole, things like that, but don't know how to get the commendations for these and i hate how they look. The mods are really what matter and i'll be able to just pull them out and put them in what i currently have, correct?Yes, you can pull out mods and put them into other gear sets for the look, some of the set bonuses will even transfer. Sometimes you cannot transfer the mods or are limited to how many you can put in. All the other 50s i see running dailies, many have 18-20k endurance, while i sit at 16-17k. Really makes me wonder how to make it that far. 18-20k health for a dps is fairly easy to hit,especially with augments readily available.

4. Finally, getting credits. Just running the dailies a good amount has been flowing in, but i've got my eye on a purple lightsaber crystal on the market, and they seem to go for 1-2mil :eek:Unless you never see yourself replacing the crystal I would be extremely hesitant paying that much for a crystal. If you are deadset on getting it, doing your dailies should net you 300k+ credits a day; so just save up for a few days.. Im almost at 400 synthweaving, same with archeology and underworld trading, is there a good way to get some credits through this? Selling MK-6 augment kits was a good moneymaker for sythweavers but prices have dropped dramitcally(at least on my server). Try selling stacks of mats or REing crafted items and selling the mats needed to craft the MK kits. Selling crafted items doesnt seem to really be the answer, i think, as the time invested in getting the materials, then waiting to craft them, when they only sell for 20-50k, if they sell, on the market. Honestly, i haven't given getting credits to much thought so i could be wrong, and crafting and selling is the answer. Or is just selling groups of high end crafting material the way to go?

Also, for my companion i've been running with doc for heals. Got him geared out with the best level gear i could find, and afford, on the market. Focused on cunning. That the way to go? You are at the point now where all your companions are needed for is doing dailies and crafting, if you are having no problems with the dailies now I wouldn't bother gearing up Doc anymore. I geared up a lot of my companions in purple gear from leftover drops in Operations that no one wanted or from PvP. Or should i buy him some orange gear and invest more heavily into gearing him up? And are the certain mobs, places that a purple crystal might drop?Purple crystals are made,sold by vendors,included in sets or the like. I'm not 100% sure but some world bosses may drop one or two. Check Torhead or Darthhater database for info on the specific crystal and where it drops if it does. I know they're rare but any tips on how to get them other than buying off the market?

Think that's all thats been bugging me lately, sorry if this is the wrong spot to be asking questions like this or if these questions have been asked many times. Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Grats on 50 and welcome to the end game. My advice would be to run some HM FPs to get your feet wet, some gear and 5 BH comms daily(if you use the grp finder), after that is Story Mode Operations which you can also queue up for via the grp finder. You can get a lot of loot and 5 BH comms for finishing these as well as extra rewards from the weekly Operation quests. SM Ops don't require a ton of gear and will introduce you to the Ops.

After that would come HM and NiMM Ops, each server and guild is different on their gear reqs for entering these. For HM mode, I'd recommend no less than full Columi for you to breeze through it, and 4-5 pieces of Columi(for the set bonuses) and the rest Tionese for a bit of a challenge. For NiMM, I'd recommend full Rakata gear or at the very least a majority of Rakata and a few pieces of Columi.

Edited by Temeluchus

That does help, thanks! Columi gear, will i be able to rip the mods out and put in my current gear? Same with the recruit gear?

Recruit gear isn't modded so you won't be able to rip mods out and put mods in.

However, you can do that (both ways) with Columi gear. Be aware that Columi gear comes with "Set Bonuses" which can be useful (some more so than others -- as a Commando dps I can't live without the 4-piece bonus). I'm not that familiar with the Guardian set bonus so someone else would have to speak to that.

That said, you are likely to get more mileage out of replacing your current gear with the Columi once you get it. If you get Black Hole gear, you can rip the mods out of those and put them in the Columi pieces.

Now, if you have a really nice set of orange gear that you like the look of, and you don't care about the set bonus, then you can rip the Columi mods out and put them in your orange gear. The only restriction being the Armoring needs be of the same gear type (Chest/Gloves/etc) but the Mod/Enhancements can be mixed/matched.

When I hit 50 with my gaurdian I shelved it as soon as I laid my eyes on the ridiculousness of the pvp/armr for the JK class at lvl 50. I means what the hell - the pvp helmet has Viking horns!

Pve isn't much better - bodunkodunk robes that like the ones I avoided like the plague leveling up, and weird orange stuff with stupid green shoulder pads that would clearly block peripheral vision while serving no practical purpose, and wiring and odds and ends protruding from all over the place, and other nonsensical shenanigans.

Re-rolled an agent instead of spending my time gearing up in the jk stuff and I'm glad I did. Better story, more fun abilities, stealth, and the best looking lvl 50 armor of any class. Checked that before starting out this time Lolz

Edited by DrewFromPhilly

Run the dailies with your guardian - do you feel you are losing HP too quickly? (I did as a fresh 50) Take a few days/weeks and run dailies and get better implants/ears and you'll start noticing you 'dent' less from the dailies and aren't relying on the healer companion to work overtime for you. Run the 50 level SM FPs and then work into Tier 1 level HM FPs. Take them one at a time and warn everyone you are new (make sure healer is good if you can) and within a week or two you'll have enough decent gear and experience to feel more confident.

As a tank you're probably the most needed toon atm, so you can get experience pretty fast if you desire.

That does help, thanks! Columi gear, will i be able to rip the mods out and put in my current gear? Same with the recruit gear?

Although you can't do it with Recruit gear you can pull the Mods out of Columi. There is a catch though, if you pull the mods out the set bonus you get for having 2 or 4 pieces does not transfer. So they best way to do it is pull the mods out of the chest piece so you can look however you like but keep the original Columi pieces for Head, Legs, Arms and Feet so that you get the 4 piece bonus. With the Unify colors feature its usually enough to just have the orange chest to get the look you want.

1. I've started running the dailies on correlia, belsavis, and ilium. I've heard these are the only spots for them, is this correct?

There is actually a couple of space dailies, too (fairly challenging, too)

And don't you can get daily commendations for other things (killing world bosses, running FPs, etc) - they are daily quests, but I'm not certain they give you daily tokens or not (I just always click 'accept' w/o looking)