Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Launcher is being updated. Please wait"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
"Launcher is being updated. Please wait"
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vitecus
08.04.2017 , 12:31 PM | #191
Spent 30 minutes on phone with customer service.They were clueless about the real issue and just walked me through the same steps i already tried before telling me thats all they can do right now and if I have any other issues...OTHER ISSUES!!!!,SERIOUSLY I CAN NOT GET IN GAME...is that not issue enough.Any other mmo would of rolled back to before the issue until it was resolved.Try putting some of the energy you guys put into twitter posting all the fun things going on and actually help the paying customers who can't even play the game they are paying for!!!!!!!!

EricMusco
08.04.2017 , 03:12 PM | #192 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Alright folks, here is the current status from the team. Since Microsoft has dropped support for both Windows XP and Vista, it has been very challenging for us to work through a solution with them. Separately, the team is working to try to offer a solution for those of you who are still unable to play. Unfortunately, right now that is still not in place.

We apologize to those of you who are in that state, we are trying to arrive at a solution as soon as we can.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

MeNaCe-NZ
08.04.2017 , 04:08 PM | #193
What do people honestly expect running operating systems that are end of life with their developer.

I think people should be bloody grateful you are doing what you guys can to get this fixed, these people need to upgrade their systems to supported systems - running end of life systems is at your peril as these people are learning.

Vitecus
08.04.2017 , 04:25 PM | #194
So the issue is only with XP and Vista,and all other OS's are working fine? All I needed to know what my problem was.I have been subbed 3 years and never had an issue so why should I be bloody grateful they all of a sudden i cant log into a game i been pumping money into in more ways than sub for 3 years?

kodrac
08.04.2017 , 04:28 PM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by Vitecus View Post
So the issue is only with XP and Vista,and all other OS's are working fine?
XP is 15 years old and Vsita 10. Do you really expect modern applications to still run on them?
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ

Vitecus
08.04.2017 , 04:30 PM | #196
Well it has for 3 years with no issues

Vitecus
08.04.2017 , 04:31 PM | #197
I just need to know which OS's are working

kodrac
08.04.2017 , 04:46 PM | #198
I just need to know which OS's are working
7 and 10. But honestly, if your rig is still running XP you'll have to upgrade the hardware just to run the new OS. You'll be better off with a new machine in the long run.
One FREE character transfer -> CLICKY plus 7 days FREE -> FAQ

Vitecus
08.04.2017 , 04:59 PM | #199
Thanks,Im on Vista but I checked system requirements and i can actually run 10.Just paid bills so money a little tight,but I will happily download 7 if that will give me a fix for a year.I just have to find a good site to download an OEM.

MeNaCe-NZ
08.04.2017 , 06:00 PM | #200
So the issue is only with XP and Vista,and all other OS's are working fine? All I needed to know what my problem was.I have been subbed 3 years and never had an issue so why should I be bloody grateful they all of a sudden i cant log into a game i been pumping money into in more ways than sub for 3 years?
You should be grateful because they are spending their time to try fix a problem for an unsupported operating system that you should have moved away from once the company who makes it stopped supporting it.

It's YOUR fault you didn't upgrade your system once microsoft started officially supporting it.