Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming "hard mode" space missions are the heroics? Rather than a new system.

Also if you have it set up so that your character is [Title][Name][Legacy Surname] eg Pilot AN Anybody what happens then can you do Pilot AN Anybody {Voss Friend} or will it change to Pilot AN {Voss Friend}?

Indeed will Level 50 Players be awarded points fro completing a Storyline on a planet, say Voss, or will they have to repeat the content with an ALT?

It looks like it's Heroics which are repeatable so I imagine you can do it on your main or alt. Just a guess though.

Indeed will Level 50 Players be awarded points fro completing a Storyline on a planet, say Voss, or will they have to repeat the content with an ALT?

Given you only get rep for the heroics I'm going to go with you have to repeat the content - but the heroics are level 45+ any so lvl 50s can just solo/ two man them as AFAIK all the heroics on Voss are H4s (grr)

I'm thinking they won't have a way to track how many times we've done quests for Voss so I suppose we'll be starting out fresh; which is annoying but its still gonna be fun. I love grinding rep.

Please add special rep stuff! D= Mounts, pets, gear!!

What is the motivation for doing this new grind?

Its a new system that basically asks us to grind lots of old content. Fine. New titles, OK. But why on earth would the majority of the population actually be interested in this thing? I'm sure you do have some rewards for it but you've not even hinted at what they are!!

It is unbelieveably poor marketing to release a blog like this introducing a new grind without even trying to incentivise the community. Sort it out.

For those of you asking if it is retroactive....

The Reputation track for each organization is divided into six ranks - Outsider, Newcomer, Friend, Hero, Champion, and Legend. You will start with no rank at all, but as you earn Reputation Points, your rank will increase.

Doesn't that pretty much answer your question?

The very last thing this game required was a faction-grinding system, of all the many alternate progression systems out there in the MMO space this is by far the laziest dirtiest solution & it's so old boring & lacking in imagination.

I'd rather see more sandbox elements make it into the game than tired old ideas like this.

Its a new system that basically asks us to grind lots of old content. Fine. New titles, OK. But why on earth would the majority of the population actually be interested in this thing? I'm sure you do have some rewards for it but you've not even hinted at what they are!!

It is unbelieveably poor marketing to release a blog like this introducing a new grind without even trying to incentivise the community. Sort it out.

Well they did mention Rep points that can be used at vendors for new kinds of armor, weapons, and other stuff

yea when can we test it? and is it retroactive?

Hi itsmymillertime,

To answer your questrion, Reputation trophies are a new type of item that we've added to many existing missions to make those missions more rewarding. Unfortunately, because this is a new system, trophies cannot be granted retroactively.

There is a little teaste, "Throughout the galaxy, you will find Reputation Vendors associated with each organization. Special rewards with Reputation Rank requirements can be purchased from these vendors. Items and equipment with a Reputation Rank requirement can only be purchased, used, or equipped if you meet or exceed the rank requirement.

Need more detail though!