Where Do You Get 3K Tech Fragments?

Buellzebubba

There are quite a few ways.

At the moment I am trying to finish buying the gear from vendor for the achievements. I am able to farm 20k fragements per week just by playing 3 times per week for 4 hours (total of 12 hours). The key are the weeklies that give the most fragments, which is at the moment GSF. The GSF weekly gives you 700 fragments. A win in GSF gives you 50 fragments and daily gives you 100 fragments. So thats already 1000 fragments on one toon, which you can get in an hour if you are lucky with pops and wins.

Apart from this conquest is very important. If your guild reaches its conquest target and you get your weekly conquest target done you get 500 fragments next week as reward. There are many other ways, but these are probably the fastest for me with my limited time. They have tweaked some fragment drops for PVP in todays patch, but I do not think it will be better than this method.

A few other things:

Some from each FP boss you participate in killing. (Unsure, might even work in [sTORY] mode.) (Works even if the character isn't level 75, but the amount is smaller.)

100 with each Renown Crate you get. (Alongside the crate, not in it.) Run Daily mission sets, especially CZ-198 and Yavin 4, from the Solo tab of the Activity panel, Ctrl+G for lots of Renown points. If you feel up to it, the Section X and Black Hole ones are good as well, although both of them involve a highly-tuned soloable [Heroic 4].

400 for each character who completes the Tradehouse Requisitions weekly on Mek-Sha (must have finished Onslaught to unlock this.) (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=976386) (The weekly is for finishing three TR missions, and the missions themselves are easie-peezie.)

100 for finishing your personal Conquest goal, for each level 75 character that does it.

Various amounts (lots more than 5-8) for completing group-finder flashpoints from the Activity panel (Ctrl+G).

And also https://swtorista.com/articles/how-to-gear-up-at-level-75/ for lots of information about handling Renown and Tech Frags and general gearing. It may not be totally up to date (there are "need more info" markers in a few places), and it surely will need updating after today's patch, but it shows where and how and how much.

Oh dear. I don't play GSF due to poor hand eye coordination. Any other way in standard PVE or PVP? MM FP's & ops?

As Steve said, the Onderon [WEEKLY] and Mek Sha Tradehouse [WEEKLY] both award 400 tech fragments each. I usually spread the Onderon 10-mission weekly over two days, so that I get two days worth of the [DAILY] Patrol which by itself awards 100 tech fragments. Then, there is the renown earned from those missions, and the tech fragments you earn from deconstructing junk. Doing a day's worth of Onderon Patrol, I usually get at least one green as a random mob loot drop to deconstruct, if not two. That's in addition to deconstructing the stuff in the renown crates and the mission reward crates.

All told, just doing those two days' worth of Onderon Patrol [DAILY], the Onderon [WEEKLY], the Mek Sha Tradehouse [WEEKLY] over the three obligate days, the renown from all those missions, and whatever I can deconstruct, usually results in at least 1100 tech fragments per character.

My guild is pretty small. I'll say we have about 8-12 active members. Since 6.1.2 conquest changes we can routinely make Medium target invasion planets on one of the factions, and small on the opposite faction. I didn't think you got any tech fragments directly for hitting your personal goal, Steve said you get 100, he may be correct, I'm just not in game to check, although I usually make at least one renown level during the process, so that's 100 for sure. But you do get TF's when the guild rewards are handed out if you make the invasion target. That means toons on the side invading the medium target will earn another 400 tech frags and toons on the small target faction will earn another 300. On average, between deconstructing the drops and any renown levels I cross with guild reward completion renown XP, that's an additional 100 tech fragments. So I usually can estimate that I'll get 500-600 tech fragments per character who completes conquest.

So, that ends up being 1600-1700 tech fragments per character per week with maybe 20 minutes of work per day over 3 days.

Then you have to find ways of saving money (tech fragments). Find out what the recommended BiS set is for your given discipline. Find out where it comes from preferentially:

- Just about all Knights and Warriors need Descent of the Fearless, which comes from Onderon/Mek Sha dailies. Remember that for every 100 light or dark tokens you earn thats another gold legendary Weekly equipment crate.

- Just about all Shadows and Assassins need Death Knell, which comes from Conquest completion

These are just two examples, but if you are lucky enough to get the piece you are looking for, then that's 3000 tech frags and 1 million credits you've just saved yourself.

Save up when you can for the Kai Zykken vendor. Make a list of the stuff you need and be on the lookout for when it pops up on Kai. Remember that by default he will only show you the things relevant to your current discipline so you need to change the option in the drop down box to "All" in order to see everything he's got for that weekend. He (for sure) opens at 8 pm Eastern Daylight Time on Thursdays and closes (I think) around midnight EDT on Monday night/Tuesday morning.

Edited by phalczen

Each piece of gear or tactical on the fleet requires 3k tech fragments. I can only collect them 5 or 8 at a time. How in the world do you get 24K fragments to get a full suit of armor and a tactical?

all of the ideas above are good, but personally, I max out weekly, just doing CQ, but not just the personal but the guild totl too. Add in to thaat, what oher advise, and you'll have more than you can use.

The only problem is that you can only hold a maximum of 10,000 Tech Fragments. Good luck in trying to hold more than that. Which makes the 24,000 tech fragments kind of ridiculous, since your account cannot hold that many. Not unless there is something I'm missing.

The only problem is that you can only hold a maximum of 10,000 Tech Fragments. Good luck in trying to hold more than that. Which makes the 24,000 tech fragments kind of ridiculous, since your account cannot hold that many. Not unless there is something I'm missing.

Um. Probably the small point that you can buy the pieces individually at 3K each, so you don't need to save up the whole 24K in one lump.

There are ways around this, but they cannot be discussed here :)

• 3 weeks later...
Sadly the Onderon Weekly is down to giving out just 100 Tech Fragments (there is another 400 in the box), as is the Personal Conquest Reward. Dunno why but apparently that has decreased. Also the boxes that all used to have a 100 Tech Frag ship inside now randomly provide that.. Edited by Raemann
Errors noted in observations

• 2 weeks later...
What do CQ and totl stand for?

Not sure about "totl", but CQ is short for "ConQuest".

Likely a typo for "total" as context indicates DarkTergon is talking about the weekly guild Conquest payout for hitting the invasion yield target. If all one does is hit their personal Conquest goal, and their guild meets their invasion target, then each character that reached their personal goal will receive, at minimum, 400 tech frags per week (100 for personal + 300 for small yield), but it will be more than that due to gaining Renown ranks, and tech frags from other sources acquired along the way.