Does Synthweaving produce modifiable armor?

Kaelmythe

Only ever played with Armstech in the beta, and as I'm leveling up (25 as of now), I'm finding that I'd like to keep a really great-looking robe that I found with it's 3 mod slots (I'm a Jedi Shadow). So far I've maintained it by extracting mods from blue reward robes that I've been finding...but I'd like to craft the modifications (Armoring, Mod, Enhancement) and/or the armors which have those slots...As of 100 Synthweaving, I'm not seeing anything like that...but I could be missing something (dropped schematics, perhaps?). Maybe only armormechs can create the mods, and I should have gone that route?

Thanks in advance!

-Kael

Edit: Found this handy list: http://www.torhead.com/schematics/catg/6 - According to which, I do get to create armor with modification slots...though apparently not the modifications themselves. I'll leave this up in case anyone else has a similar question, I suppose.

Edited by Kaelmythe

Cybertech builds mods/armoring and artifice builds enhancements (+whatever to endurance)

Synthweaving does, however, produce armor that can be fully modified. If I understood Emmanuel's post about the new modding system correctly, then you should be able to find/train/loot schematics which have no stats, but have all open slots for mods for just about any model of armor in the game.

Edited by Holzy

I have another question in the same vein. I had read in another post that armors are now class restricted, can anyone confirm this?

I was kind of hoping to be able to put a JK or SW in trooper or BH mod armor set up with the appropriate stats.

I been putting my warriors (level 20) old armour on Vette, so I would assume this is false.

However they do have the wrong status bonus. If you equip a BH armour as SW it will be bad because BH armour has "Aim" bonuses on it, which are useless to SW who needs "Strength" bonuses.

Edited by AngelousWang

I been putting my warriors (level 20) old armour on Vette, so I would assume this is false.

However they do have the wrong status bonus. If you equip a BH armour as SW it will be bad because BH armour has "Aim" bonuses on it, which are useless to SW who needs "Strength" bonuses.

Oh ok, I didn't realize there were stat bonuses other than from mods. didn't think to look at that