Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

I don't care. If a pug is getting 'rolled by a premade and the fun-factor is in the negative numbers, I see no reason to stay.

^ this.

When I am solo in pug and see high ranked guild premade, I leave because its just wasting time and not fun. I play only for win and play for loosing its just not fun.

There is one and really only one solution of problem in this thread - /leave.

And if you are solo and faced premades- /leave.

And if you are solo and faced premades every time - /unsub.

Hope, BW will be glad with money of that hardcore premaders, but seems BW dont care about solo casual players. Well, there are plenty other good games.

Edited by TonyDragonflame

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it isn't.

Because then you'll never beat them = not a solution.

Giving up before a fight even starts ensures you'll never win.

Even if you're pretty sure you're going to lose that warzone, you can try something and see if it works if only for practice, or try and take out one of their players. If you're getting beaten badly it's over quick and you can requeue. The only lasting damage is to your ego and that's all down to you. Longer term, do something to improve your chances individually or as a group.

Very poor attitude.

I second that, even in a match gone completely awry, where our team cannot hold a single node, I usually get at least 5 or 6 medals. (50k dmg, 2,5k hit, 5k hit, 2,5k heal, 10 kills, defended an objective etc, delivering a killing blow).

The only map where I might not get any medals is Hutball, if the enemy premade team has chainpulling sorcs, force speeding, invincible tankasins and leaping juggs. It has happened before that they scored 6 goals in less then a minute.

So, most of the time you actually get stuff out of staying in a losing warzone. And to be honest, I run into premades while solo queuing with such an alarming frequency that if I left every match with a premade on the opposing side, I might as well just stop PvP'ing entirely.

Edited by CommanderKeeva

So; last night I got in a couple of matches against a premade. One Hutball where it was almost comical as my team tried fighting the last person who scored in the pit repeatedly. Some even nice enough to do so while standing up in the endzone area for the leap. Others up top got leaped to, then pushed to the goalline then leaped to again. It was awesome in that some of it had to do with the other team; but a lot had to do with my team. I even got pushed to the goal once myself and leaped to as I ran across the fire trap on the right closest to mid.

It was a good lesson learned.

Then; I got a match where I saw 4 people with the same guild tag on my team in NC. I was thinking after the Hutt Ball match "Sweet! Time to be on the giving end." LMAO It wasn't even close. WE LOST BAD! In fact, I would say it was about as unorganized of any PUG I have ever been in.

Either way, I still came out with plenty of medals and comms. I really don't see what the big deal is. I would say, I walked away a little smarter and more efficient.

The problem is with the good premades as well, is they are pretty arrogant and forget there are another 4 players in the group. So yes, from time to time you will see those good premade groups fail, due to there superiority disorder by forgetting there are another 4 people in that group. Some of those high end premade groups if and when they lose will always blame the other 4 not in a premade group for a loss, but ultimately the buck lays with the high end premade group to work as a unit of 8, not a unit of 4 expecting to always get the win. They wont admit it, but I know for a fact if they lose, the blame is never on them, the blame will always be put on the other 4 people in the group who have tried there best to communicate and organize things.

Now when you see these people who premade a lot, but not in a premade group, so on there own or two of them, then you get to see just how good they really are, and in my experience, funny enough a lot of them when isolated are quite frankly abysmal at pvp. Again they wont admit it, because they have a superiority disorder, but it sure is nice to crush them when they are isolated and without the numerous heals and full on group :).

Now finally, if the "premade" group respected everyone in the group, no matter what armor or level the other 4 are at, and if they had communication skills, then they would win 100% of the time. Luckily, the good "premade" groups lack those communication skills, therefore leading to them losing on occasion, when on paper they should have won.

Edited by FatEdd

^ this.

When I am solo in pug and see high ranked guild premade, I leave because its just wasting time and not fun. I play only for win and play for loosing its just not fun.

There is one and really only one solution of problem in this thread - /leave.

And if you are solo and faced premades- /leave.

And if you are solo and faced premades every time - /unsub.

Hope, BW will be glad with money of that hardcore premaders, but seems BW dont care about solo casual players. Well, there are plenty other good games.

Not all the time, I have been in mish mash groups that have been dominant against pretty much any premade I have come up against. So it does happen, and it does help if you have an Ops Leader who has communication skills, as this ultimately is where a win for a mish mash group will come from, if against a well drilled premade.

It would be nice if they had an in game communications server, that everyone can get into. This would then possibly lead to many of these premades being put to bed in the long run as communication is to me the key to any win, whether against premade or a mish mash group.

Not all the time, I have been in mish mash groups that have been dominant against pretty much any premade I have come up against. So it does happen, and it does help if you have an Ops Leader who has communication skills, as this ultimately is where a win for a mish mash group will come from, if against a well drilled premade.

It would be nice if they had an in game communications server, that everyone can get into. This would then possibly lead to many of these premades being put to bed in the long run as communication is to me the key to any win, whether against premade or a mish mash group.

I guess comms is useful, but most comms can be done over reg chat just announcing stuff inc and numbers etc.... the biggest thing premades have over solo que ppl is group composition. 2 or 3 heals and rest dps/tank vs a pug grp that has maybe 1 healer in a blue moon. Of course gear, comms, etc make a diff...just feel the grp make up is the most impt and least contrtollable by the the solo que ppl (how many times have you qued solo and watched a tank call for a healer to protect....and no one answers).

I just dont get it that with over 50.000 views, 150 pages and 1500 posts, this thread has to be the hottest topic on the PvP forums. Why doesn't Bioware acknowledge it at least with their usual ******** (we are aware of the issue blah.blah,blah.....working on a fix.....blah,blah,blah......no ETA blah,blah, blah)

They can't ignore this thread forever. They will have to open another one eventually, when it reaches even more pages.

the dont acknowledge because it is ridiculous.

as ive already explained in this thread multiple times, splitting the queue into solo and premade would eventually lead to "premades" in the solo queue. funneling down the queue takes about 10 minutes for the first warzone, and then people will be able to solo queue in groups.

this type of funneling is already do-able in current wzs. getting a full 8man premade into wzs is fun. granted, you run the risk of being on opposite teams which is always fun :D

as ive already explained in this thread multiple times, splitting the queue into solo and premade would eventually lead to "premades" in the solo queue. funneling down the queue takes about 10 minutes for the first warzone, and then people will be able to solo queue in groups.

this type of funneling is already do-able in current wzs. getting a full 8man premade into wzs is fun. granted, you run the risk of being on opposite teams which is always fun :D

not if there was cross server ques, premades rolling pugs is just silly.

It's clearly not ridiculous. PvP queues are taking longer and longer and matches are riddled with leavers who see premades on the opposing team and simply leave. Matches often start off 4 v 8 or 8 v 4 because soloers don't want to face premade teams and waste their time. Some people leave the match half way through. You calling it ridiculous only shows your ridiculous bias.

No one said premade teams are bad, just that they need their own queue. Even if, as you say, premade teams start queuing up solo, there's no guarantee they'll get into the same WZ. There's a chance, but no guarantee. Given how unbalanced some servers are faction wise, there's no guarantee they'll even end up on the same team, since same faction warzones plague some servers. If more people queue up, then the chances of people queuing simultaneously ending up in the same WZ go down. With the chances of a balanced game occurring being higher, more people might want to queue. Ignoring the problem will only continue to damage PvP queue times. The fact that EABioware ignores this only shows their incompetence and their apathy towards PvP in general.

cross server queues wouldnt prevent any of that

by putting more people into the pvp que via cross server queing, there would be enough folks to que for solo ques, all those premades we run into all the time then will have more folks to do rateds by diverting them into the rated slot.

Any one who runs a premade would certainly agree that runing against other premades would be more rewarding, chalanging, and fun vrs rolling a pug..... unless of course they are not very skilled and cant win otherwise....

I love it when people bring up x server que. BW has said repeatedly that yes they want to do this but it is very far in the future so having that as part of your plan is saying you don't expect your plan to start for years in the future. Which is fine really.

It's clearly not ridiculous. PvP queues are taking longer and longer and matches are riddled with leavers who see premades on the opposing team and simply leave. Matches often start off 4 v 8 or 8 v 4 because soloers don't want to face premade teams and waste their time. Some people leave the match half way through. You calling it ridiculous only shows your ridiculous bias.

No one said premade teams are bad, just that they need their own queue. Even if, as you say, premade teams start queuing up solo, there's no guarantee they'll get into the same WZ. There's a chance, but no guarantee. Given how unbalanced some servers are faction wise, there's no guarantee they'll even end up on the same team, since same faction warzones plague some servers. If more people queue up, then the chances of people queuing simultaneously ending up in the same WZ go down. With the chances of a balanced game occurring being higher, more people might want to queue. Ignoring the problem will only continue to damage PvP queue times. The fact that EABioware ignores this only shows their incompetence and their apathy towards PvP in general.

This, well said. Bump for justice because Pug Vs Premade should not exist in any way, shape, or form. I consider myself a hardcore PvP fanatic, I once PvPed all day, every day when not working, eating, or sleeping. Slowly it dwindled down to only PvPing when my friends/Guild were on to avoid the horrible frustration that is Pug Vs Premade. Now I'm bordering on 0-2 Wz per day and they happen to be in the 10-49 Bracket.

I don't even bother with the level 50 queue, it's frustrating, dysfunctional and not worth the annoyance of having to constantly dance around other people's time schedules to avoid a horrible gaming experience (Pug Vs Premade). I don't consider myself anti-social, in fact I have close to 15+ active friends and am in one of the most active PvP guilds on our server yet still only manage to get into a Premade group 60-70% of the time due to: never overlapping schedules, logging on when groups are full, logging on when no one else is on or interested, people are running PvE content, or people have simply disappeared and quit due to the overwhelmingly poor experience in PvP. After a while of logging on and not being able to form a Premade group for any of the stated reasons, I stopped completely and moved on, playing an abundance of other games that don't have the archaic and unnecessary problems that SWTOR insists on harboring, all the while contemplating just letting my Sub expire. I know for a fact I am not the only one, several others on my friends list and guild are doing the same or long since left, even the ultimate, elite, hardcore PvPers that were running Ranked are beginning to quit because of the lack of content and abundance of problems with our current PvP system.

Edited by LeonHawkeye

I've actually seen more people leave because of who was on their team more than who was on the opposing team.

They notice that a good portion of their team is in either PvE or full recruit PvP gear and they bounce. If they do stick around and it's a slaughter then they leave half way through as well. The other team won't even need a single premade in it.

by putting more people into the pvp que via cross server queing, there would be enough folks to que for solo ques, all those premades we run into all the time then will have more folks to do rateds by diverting them into the rated slot.

Any one who runs a premade would certainly agree that runing against other premades would be more rewarding, chalanging, and fun vrs rolling a pug..... unless of course they are not very skilled and cant win otherwise....

except you will have the exact same situation with rateds that we had before. the top 3-5 teams will eventually cause everyone else to stop doing them because people get butthurt and dont want to play against those good teams.

just like with what happened with the release of rateds, you will see a positive change for a month or two, and then dominant teams will establish themselves, and everyone else will go back to the non-ranked brackets.

except you will have the exact same situation with rateds that we had before. the top 3-5 teams will eventually cause everyone else to stop doing them because people get butthurt and dont want to play against those good teams.

just like with what happened with the release of rateds, you will see a positive change for a month or two, and then dominant teams will establish themselves, and everyone else will go back to the non-ranked brackets.

So then you'd rather them trickle down and do the same to the vast majority of the player base that run Normal queues? Yes, let's annoy the vast majority of the player base to appease a small to moderate portion of the remaining player base (People that run Premades in Norm Wzs), that will go over well for our game.

The problem here is our system, split queues can and do work, made blatantly apparent by one of the most successful games out now, WoW, while it may not be perfect and their PvP has entirely different problems, no one can argue their Cross Realm, Robust Matchmaking System, and Split queue system work great. This is what we need as well, all three.

Edited by LeonHawkeye

So then you'd rather them trickle down and do the same to the vast majority of the player base that run Normal queues? Yes, let's annoy the vast majority of the player base to appease a small to moderate portion of the remaining player base (People that run Premades in Norm Wzs), that will go over well for our game.

The problem here is our system, split queues can and do work, made blatantly apparent by one of the most successful games out now, WoW, while it may not be perfect and their PvP has entirely different problems, no one can argue their Cross Realm, Robust Matchmaking System, and Split queue system work great. This is what we need as well, all three.

we wont get cross server pvp. likely ever, b/c of the systems this game is built on

matchmaking that takes into account rating would be helpful, but bioware seems to have no intention of going that way

and again, like i said unless there is ample population in the premade bracket, you will see those people trickle into the solo bracket

and i did not say i *wanted* what i posted. i said that it is the inevitable outcome. i would much prefer a separate queue, and some good matchmaking, etc etc. but that is all up to bioware

Agreed Cash. That's a sad excuse on their part and why the community needs to demand these three functions for PvP and no less. Anything less and we have a preposterously dysfunctional system that effectively repels players. Despite their excuses and lack of foresight they need to understand they have no choice if they want to keep a healthy population thriving for years to come. Whatever PvP resources they have left need to be funneled into this and proper class balancing. Edited by LeonHawkeye

The only defense of TOR PvP at level 50 left is "lulz L2P n00b."

Other than that, its a disaster and fundamentally un-fun. I don't blame the premades, I blame the epic failure of ranked warzones. What are they supposed to do, other than troll new players and drive them away from the game? Bioware sewing the seeds of its own PvP's destruction.

The only defense of TOR PvP at level 50 left is "lulz L2P n00b."

Other than that, its a disaster and fundamentally un-fun. I don't blame the premades, I blame the epic failure of ranked warzones. What are they supposed to do, other than troll new players and drive them away from the game? Bioware sewing the seeds of its own PvP's destruction.

I agree with this.

I haven't received a new piece of PvP gear in over 3 months. 3 MONTHS. And I still can get three buddies together and win more than I lose. YOU. PEOPLE. WHINE. TOO. MUCH. Seriously. I find this PvP thread disturbing. If this thread is an accurate reflection of the current state of affairs in western society then the doom of our time is at hand.

By the way if you don't like premades in Regular Warzones why don't you recommend they increase the awards for Rateds....Oh wait then you would just complain about how unfair it is that people who do rateds get gear so much quicker.

People hate to lose, but apparently they hate doing any self improvement to fix the problem even more.

Generally I find the people who whine about warzones don't know the difference between Tactics and Tacitus. Think a Hot Key is what you use to start the flame thingy on the stove so they can cook their Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. And feel that somehow their win loss record in warzones with lightsabers actually provides an accurate reflection of their true self worth.

I haven't received a new piece of PvP gear in over 3 months. 3 MONTHS. And I still can get three buddies together and win more than I lose. YOU. PEOPLE. WHINE. TOO. MUCH. Seriously. I find this PvP thread disturbing. If this thread is an accurate reflection of the current state of affairs in western society then the doom of our time is at hand.

By the way if you don't like premades in Regular Warzones why don't you recommend they increase the awards for Rateds....Oh wait then you would just complain about how unfair it is that people who do rateds get gear so much quicker.

People hate to lose, but apparently they hate doing any self improvement to fix the problem even more.

Generally I find the people who whine about warzones don't know the difference between Tactics and Tacitus. Think a Hot Key is what you use to start the flame thingy on the stove so they can cook their Kraft Macaroni and Cheese. And feel that somehow their win loss record in warzones with lightsabers actually provides an accurate reflection of their true self worth.

If you havent recieved any new gear in 3 months, then You are either A) fully geared or B) not really playing. This thread is legit in the fast that there IS something broken in the PvP system, and if you can't see this... well then I guess Ignorance really is bliss. if you are able to start the season out with everyone else, then its not so big a deal. The problem is you get people who hit 50 later in the game, or for other reasons are just coming back to the game, and get ran over by full groups in Elite War Hero armor. If you are in recruit gear its damned near impossible to kill someone in EWH gear. Plain and simple. And for you to come in here and attempt to lord over other players is disgusting. Plain and simple. It really shows the character of YOUR true self and your ACTUAL self worth by saying the stupid **** you did.

If you said it take a longer period of time to get geared then i would be on board with you, but not received any that is a bit of a hyperbole.

But back on subject, the premades are dominating the wz's, we need cross server que's and a seperate que for premades and for solo que'rs

But back on subject, the premades are dominating the wz's, we need cross server que's and a seperate que for premades and for solo que'rs

They don't ALWAYS dominate. The Crimson Moon on Progenitor tries to dominate under50 WZ's all the time using premades and seldom wins anyway. ;)

But yes, I also think there should be seperate 'queue group' and 'queue solo' matching.

Edited by Ycoga

Premades ruining non ranked warzones? Hmm no if premades didn't queue for warzones there wouldn't be half as many pops as there are now. You just need to stop this "solo player" crap suck it up and group with people and form your own premade (shocker I know grouping with people in an mmo)

Now shut the **** up about premades already /yawn.

Edited by Didy_Kush