Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Healing is very clunky without mouseover macros

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles
Healing is very clunky without mouseover macros

banimoka
03.11.2016 , 02:34 PM | #1
i thought i would give swtor healing a try but it's very annoying to heal by clicking on every different target

i hope u guys consider introducing mouseover healing or macros

AidenDeshde
03.11.2016 , 03:20 PM | #2
I think that's a good idea. You can cycle between Allies more easily using the F1-F4 keys, and although this doesn't help cover Heals to *every* member of your Squad in an Op or PVP; I find it useful enough (If you have proper communication, and coordination with your team) to heal the player needing it the most. This isn't as predictable as it used to be, however, I've found that even in large groups if people are cooperative, and *plan* an attack methodology then Heals doesn't have to know anything more than "F1's our Tank F2's Ranged DPS-they may not need to healed as frequently" etc. etc. (Also depending on the battleground...) That's just how I play, but again it *does* require cooperation and, in many FP's etc. nowadays people can so easily do some Solo they just want to barrel in without speaking a word... just my thoughts.

casirabit
03.11.2016 , 03:28 PM | #3
Been discussed since the beginning and unless they changed their minds, I don't think it will happen. Most of my characters are healers and by now it doesn't bother me as I have gotten to use to it since I been healing that way since launch.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121

Bookworm_Jedi
03.11.2016 , 04:43 PM | #4
There's no other way besides pic clicking? Darn.

I don't mind, but sometimes when battles get kinda heavy, I'm trying to throw my HoT's around then put up barriers, etc and having to click each pic is kinda cumbersome at times

Manathayria
03.14.2016 , 05:35 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bookworm_Jedi View Post

I don't mind, but sometimes when battles get kinda heavy, I'm trying to throw my HoT's around then put up barriers, etc and having to click each pic is kinda cumbersome at times
Try using your hotkeys.

F1 - F4 etc. Those will target each member of your party without having to click on portraits.

You can also set which keys you want to target players so you could easily change them to shift+1 etc. They just do not allow macros.

nalkel
03.14.2016 , 06:02 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bookworm_Jedi View Post
you can change the display of the group into the raid one, that is much more clear, compact, and customizable. The wrong point is that you will loose track of the companions.

HelinCarnate
03.15.2016 , 08:16 PM | #7
Macros are not going to happen. Mouseover probably won't happen either. Just takes getting used to the change if you are used to those things already. Neither are really needed and considering people have been asking for both since beta, I wouldn't get my hopes up for it being put in any time soon.
Dear BW,
Please nerf paper and buff rock. Scissors is fine as is.
Signed, Rock.
http://www.swtor.com/r/mB5FPn obligatory referral link.

LordTurin
03.16.2016 , 09:12 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by nalkel View Post
you can change the display of the group into the raid one, that is much more clear, compact, and customizable. The wrong point is that you will loose track of the companions.
Just pick the other players companion and set it as focus target. You'll never have a need to select more than 1 companion anyway (yours is always viewable no matter what)
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Ilysanth
04.08.2016 , 03:37 PM | #9
I set my mouse scroll wheel to cycle forward through enemies and back through friendlies. Quick scroll of my wheel and I have who I need. Easier for me personally than the F keys on my particular keyboard/desk setup.

KSIClaudeJulien
04.10.2016 , 07:43 AM | #10
Get a razor keyboard and mouse download razor software and make macros problem solved