Just voicing my dissatisfaction

DarthCasus

The current state of the game is pretty saddening. I'M just feeling ranty but it would accomplish nothing, seeing how there's almost never responses to said complaints. GSF being the timed weekly for the 3rd week in a row just snapped something in me and I've just come to a few realizations for the time being.

Class balance largely untouched for 3 years kept things pretty stale. Many long standing bugs going unfixed (nice to see the bug forums over on EA's 'community' site is hanging out over there), now with the companion bugs joining their ranks as one of the worst offenders to date (almost at the half a year mark now). Same events running for the past few years and now that we're getting a new one, it's tied to story that we need to progress PAST the whole Alliance and Eternal Empire nonsense to participate for what appear to be awful rewards. Ossus rewards purposefully being dripfed. RNG of Galactic Command crates being more of a drain of excitement than the 'thrill of the hunt'. GSF still having no proper tutorial, not being legacy-based and terribly monetized. Lack of conquest adjustments based on feedback. Lack of response to a lot of feedback in general. Just a lot of buzzkill all around and we're not even in June yet.

Waiting until 6.0 to be further disappointed because details of hyped ideas and newly implemented things were withheld until 2 weeks before it drops won't cut it. I'd appreciate if you guys would do something now. Engage more. Talk about what's not so much on the 'wall of crazy' nowadays. Tease new abilities. Give us an actual idea of what these tactical abilities and items are going to look like. SOMETHING.

Same events running for the past few years and now that we're getting a new one, it's tied to story that we need to progress PAST the whole Alliance and Eternal Empire nonsense to participate for what appear to be awful rewards.

Where did you hear that? Last I heard, the new event is for levels 20 and up.

Correct. Also the "story" part of the event so far just mentions "escalating hostilities between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire" .. which could happen at any time during the vanilla game or onward.

Do you read the forums? Cause there have been posts adressing the companion bugs and the GSF 3 weeks in a row.

You can't say that they don't communicate. This is extravagant compared to WoW where the devs literally don't set foot in the forums for years except for announcements.

Don't make the mistake to think communication means they must agree with you on every concern or have the resources to do everything you want. But it does prove they are listening.

Edit: And you got threads on tactical items and set bonuses on theclass forums. You should check it out and leave your feedback/sugestions.

Edited by Nemmar

I'm disinclined to take this seriously. They addressed the GSF thing a couple hours before you posted, the companion thing a couple days ago and I really have no idea where you got the pirate incursion stuff from.

Realism is good, pessimism is not.

They've actually been doing quite well on the communication front since the last forum revolt on those lines (fingers crossed they keep it up). If you choose not to read it though, can't really complain...

Im LOVING the GSF weekly. Love love love.

For me it's just dead weeks cause i don't even dare to set foot in it. Complex controls, systems, etc.

I really wish we had the choice to do the PvE ones. I like those. They are simple to pick up and play. It's the first thing i played when i came back to the game cause it wasn't overwhelming in any way.

But, how people hated on those on-rails missions and wanted this X-wing/Tie fighter simulator thing out of an mmorpg. I think it was galaxies fans making the stink. Now look at it. No one likes the thing and the people who made the stink are long gone.

Maybe they can make PvE starfighter content in the future. At least it would ease people in. But the fact that there is a progression system and those starting are at a huge disavantage just means there is too high a barrier for it to ever increase in popularity.

Listening (reading) even responding is good, that's where it starts; but nothing changes until it changes (End Result).

These kind of posts just seem to rekindle all the known bugs that have been around and probably never will be fixed. The post is good if something is wrong, broken, missing or otherwise not right mention it, don't let it fade into "Never was fixed" land. The responses in the "Companion Issues" thread were informative for *Some of the Post Zakuul problems but also seemed to side step others entirely.

You're correct, I saw it as a continuation due to the Nova Blades being involved and us having no interaction with them prior to SoR. I forgot that they did mention the level you could start participating at.

Correct. Also the "story" part of the event so far just mentions "escalating hostilities between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire" .. which could happen at any time during the vanilla game or onward.

Because they would certainly frame it as something that happened pre-Corellia.. right? I'm sorry, I see your point but I highly doubt any 'story' relation this event has to the game would not be framed as something that happened any time during vanilla onward. SoR onward sounds somewhat right because we do have clear understandings of when escalation and deescalation between the two major factions were a thing. Name another point ingame where the conflicts were heating up between Imps and Pubs besides vanilla (where we've no sign of the Nova Blades) and post-Alliance. Even the end of SoR just left relations more in limbo than adversarial.

Do you read the forums? Cause there have been posts adressing the companion bugs and the GSF 3 weeks in a row.

You can't say that they don't communicate. This is extravagant compared to WoW where the devs literally don't set foot in the forums for years except for announcements.

Don't make the mistake to think communication means they must agree with you on every concern or have the resources to do everything you want. But it does prove they are listening.

Edit: And you got threads on tactical items and set bonuses on theclass forums. You should check it out and leave your feedback/sugestions.

I know, I was in that thread already and stopping by to tell us 'Yeah, that happens' isn't dealing with the issue. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see a BW stamped aside a thread with growing concerns or questions but it's more of a non-answer than anything. Them being better than Blizzard on this front does not make them awesome. I don't expect them nor want them to cater to my every desire, I know everyone has their own opinions, wants and likes. And I saw those threads. They don't seem like much at all since we (as I said in the OP) don't have a clear vision of what this end-result is supposed to look like. Everyone seems to be conjuring up new set bonuses rather than adding utility to classes and I STILL want to see the idea for 'tactical items'.

Nice, hope you enjoy!

Listening (reading) even responding is good, that's where it starts; but nothing changes until it changes (End Result).

These kind of posts just seem to rekindle all the known bugs that have been around and probably never will be fixed. The post is good if something is wrong, broken, missing or otherwise not right mention it, don't let it fade into "Never was fixed" land. The responses in the "Companion Issues" thread were informative for *Some of the Post Zakuul problems but also seemed to side step others entirely.

Exactly, they're very selective with their answers, and for good reason on some fronts but it helps no one to ignore everything else. This was my main issue with their engagement and being strung along with crumbs is annoying.

For me it's just dead weeks cause i don't even dare to set foot in it. Complex controls, systems, etc.

I really wish we had the choice to do the PvE ones. I like those. They are simple to pick up and play. It's the first thing i played when i came back to the game cause it wasn't overwhelming in any way.

But, how people hated on those on-rails missions and wanted this X-wing/Tie fighter simulator thing out of an mmorpg. I think it was galaxies fans making the stink. Now look at it. No one likes the thing and the people who made the stink are long gone.

Maybe they can make PvE starfighter content in the future. At least it would ease people in. But the fact that there is a progression system and those starting are at a huge disavantage just means there is too high a barrier for it to ever increase in popularity.

Nah, I don't think this is the case. We're still here, the SWG JSF lovers who wanted something like that in this game.

However, as much as I would enjoy new PVE space content, it's been ignored by the Devs. Not really sure why.

Maybe the coding is different than what they're used to and don't have anyone for it. Maybe the backlash on the forums (why waste time with THAT when you can work on THIS?) or maybe because since it's on rails it's easily exploitable and therefore nothing worthwhile should ever come of it.

You're correct, I saw it as a continuation due to the Nova Blades being involved and us having no interaction with them prior to SoR. I forgot that they did mention the level you could start participating at.

Because they would certainly frame it as something that happened pre-Corellia.. right? I'm sorry, I see your point but I highly doubt any 'story' relation this event has to the game would not be framed as something that happened any time during vanilla onward. SoR onward sounds somewhat right because we do have clear understandings of when escalation and deescalation between the two major factions were a thing. Name another point ingame where the conflicts were heating up between Imps and Pubs besides vanilla (where we've no sign of the Nova Blades) and post-Alliance. Even the end of SoR just left relations more in limbo than adversarial.

This event could happen pretty much any time during vanilla. Even with the cold war, there were still flare ups ... or "escalations" happening. It could also happen anytime after the end of vanilla to before Makeb as the war seemed to slow and this event would be seen as things heating up again. Also, any time after Makeb when the Empire got their hands on Isotope-9 and started to rebuild. After SoR things seemed to slow down again but there could still be conflicts happening as the war still hadn't ended. Now, obviously this event could not have happened right after the start of KotFE as our characters were in carbonite. But after Chapter 9? Sure. The Eternal Empire did nothing to prevent hostilities between the Republic and the Empire and as Lana explained to us during ... I think Chapter 4 ... both sides seemed to think they should attack each other than fight the Eternal Empire.

Also, just because the first time we encountered the Nova Blades was during SoR doesn't mean they didn't exist before then. We just hadn't encountered them yet.

As long as the quest NPCs don't refer to characters who haven't gone through KotFE as "Commander" or "Alliance Commander" then I see no reason why this event couldn't fit in at any point in the timeline other than KotFE Chapters 1-9.

Edit: Given the fact that the event is available for any character level 20 and up indicates the devs think it's appropriate to happen at almost any point.

Edited by Elessara

This event could happen pretty much any time during vanilla. Even with the cold war, there were still flare ups ... or "escalations" happening. It could also happen anytime after the end of vanilla to before Makeb as the war seemed to slow and this event would be seen as things heating up again. Also, any time after Makeb when the Empire got their hands on Isotope-9 and started to rebuild. After SoR things seemed to slow down again but there could still be conflicts happening as the war still hadn't ended. Now, obviously this event could not have happened right after the start of KotFE as our characters were in carbonite. But after Chapter 9? Sure. The Eternal Empire did nothing to prevent hostilities between the Republic and the Empire and as Lana explained to us during ... I think Chapter 4 ... both sides seemed to think they should attack each other than fight the Eternal Empire.

Also, just because the first time we encountered the Nova Blades was during SoR doesn't mean they didn't exist before then. We just hadn't encountered them yet.

As long as the quest NPCs don't refer to characters who haven't gone through KotFE as "Commander" or "Alliance Commander" then I see no reason why this event couldn't fit in at any point in the timeline other than KotFE Chapters 1-9.

Edit: Given the fact that the event is available for any character level 20 and up indicates the devs think it's appropriate to happen at almost any point.

The event coming out now as opposed to earlier is part of why I find it implausible and to think of it as any other time requires mental gymnastics just short of reasoning why no one in the alliance tries to stab you in the neck if Arcann joins and puts the moves on you.. successfully. But if you want that rationale, have it. Either way, it's getting dropped at this point in the game's life and I'm hoping that they don't drop the ball on the rewards like they did with Iokath and Ossus (though the decos were nice).

I'm too stupid for that. I have tried it a few times, but always come out with 0 kills and at most 1 medal.....

Then I prefer PvP because I'm not so useless gan.

Edited by Batwer

I do not fully agree with the main post.

If you look at the game development, swtor is going the same way as all other MMOs, just slower. Yes, there was this bad direction it took under Ben Irving, but that is slowly being fixed by Keith. I believe all of the Irving mistakes will be fully fixed in 6.0 where it will all be fine again.

We have been getting new content, PVP, GSF and PVE wise. The gear system is being revised, conquest has been improved, guilds got a new system etc. The game is really being worked on and it started after Irving departure, yet it does take some time. There have also been technical fixes like Preview Window etc so we cannot say that the game is in maintanance mode. I am really looking forward to 6.0 and hope it helps to make the game more popular.

conquest has been improved.

PMSL

Conquest has been gutted.

My guild used to compete every week, and some of us would run many multiple toons through it just for fun.

Since it has been "improved" no one, literally no one, even bothers engaging with conquest.

All The Best

Honestly, 6.0 will make or break the game. No matter how bad it gets, there's enough people willing to keep paying because it's "Star Wars".

When I look at ESO and FFXIV, knowing they are better games that I could be playing, then go, "but Star Wars." This game has touches of love all through it. It's too bad it got tossed aside like a dirty rag when it didn't 'beat WoW' year 1.

The event coming out now as opposed to earlier is part of why I find it implausible and to think of it as any other time requires mental gymnastics just short of reasoning why no one in the alliance tries to stab you in the neck if Arcann joins and puts the moves on you.. successfully. But if you want that rationale, have it. Either way, it's getting dropped at this point in the game's life and I'm hoping that they don't drop the ball on the rewards like they did with Iokath and Ossus (though the decos were nice).

Do you also get bothered that you can kill Malgus again and again and again even when you reach the point in the story where he's alive again and working with the Empire?

There's a certain malleability to MMO timelines and the 'gamification' of them -- it really isn't that crazy to let low levels access an event, even if it makes most sense if you're caught up in the narrative.

Honestly, 6.0 will make or break the game. No matter how bad it gets, there's enough people willing to keep paying because it's "Star Wars".

Just like 2.0. And 3.0. And 4.0. And 5.0.

Every patch, every update, every year is the one that will make or break this game.

I'm not gonna pretend it's in its best state, but the game's on an upswing, and it doesn't particularly seem like things are going to get worse.

Edited by jedimasterjac

Realism is good, pessimism is not.

This, they've been improving on the communication and they've finally brought back the PTS. I think things can always use improvement, especially in the bugs department, but the situation isn't this dire.