Missing Romance Scenes In Onslaught (SPOILER WARNING!)

Berronaxftw

Posted in story forum, but going to post here just incase it's a bug.

Onslaught is supposed to

have a romance scene with Lana Beniko at the end of the story

Yet this romance scene was missing for my character, despite the fact my character is married to her.

Here is the scene:

I selected to

keep the Alliance

and was playing my imperial character.

So maybe the scene only plays for republic or people that

return to their faction

but on the off chance it isn't that, I thought i'd make a bug report

Edit: extra info

All previous expansion romance scenes with this character were selected and working, this is a fully played through character (not a token boost)

Edited by Berronaxftw

Posted in story forum, but going to post here just incase it's a bug.

Onslaught is supposed to

have a romance scene with Lana Beniko at the end of the story

Yet this romance scene was missing for my character, despite the fact my character is married to her.

Here is the scene:

I selected to

keep the Alliance

and was playing my imperial character.

So maybe the scene only plays for republic or people that

return to their faction

but on the off chance it isn't that, I thought i'd make a bug report

Edit: extra info

All previous expansion romance scenes with this character were selected and working, this is a fully played through character (not a token boost)

On my Commando who

chose to return to the Republic fully

, the Pubside equivalent happened correctly. (I still say the [Flirt] in the cinematic before the Copero FP is better(1), but this one was, indeed, pretty good.)

(1) Spoiler:

You thank her for doing a good job and she responds, 'You can thank me properly later," and presumably she means (but does not say) "in bed together." It shows that Lana is finally unbending and starting to focus on "this person is my lover" rather than "we must save the galaxy."

There were no romance scene or even flirts available on my Imperial character either. This is a character who lost the proposal after Nathema and had to get it reset with the droid on Odessen later so I am wondering if those flags are still bungled.

My commando mentioned above also had the Nathema non-proposal thing, and reset the flags with the droid, so that is not enough by itself to explain what happened.

I'm hearing left and right that there are either bugs with the Lana and Theron flirt/kiss option for Imperial side, or they are extremely dependant on choices, unlike the Republic side equivalent. Would be great to get some insight here to find out what's going on exactly because currently, lots of people are getting robbed of their moment.

Apparently;

Theron only offers a kiss if you take the LS choice (not sab choice) to stop Krovos from bombing random targets on Corellia preceding that mission. If you take the sab or DS choice, Theron gets mad and walks away.

However;

I've seen some say and screenshot that Lana only offers them the kiss option if you make a DS choice to bomb Corellia in the situation as above. If you make the LS choice, Theron doesn't get mad and he'll make the party suggestion, and then Lana won't have a kiss option.

At the same time, I've seen others say they're not getting their moment (Imp side) regardless so, yeah, hella confusing.

I tested the above theory by playing through with another Imperial loyalist. Like before, there were no flirts anywhere in the story. Unlike her predecessor she

agreed with the plans to bomb the population centers on Corellia. She kept her Alliance, which Lana approved of. She did get the kiss at the end.

I still don't like the way this is set up. When you don't get the romance scene, unlike Theron, Lana doesn't give any hint of being angry or disapproving so unless you check a board like this, you don't know what to do to fix it next time. I also think that tying the romance to whether or not your character is willing to commit massive collateral damage is pretty awful.

This is also a character who never had the issue where they needed to reset their romance flag with the Odessen droid. I know someone above said it didn't affect them, but a Commando is Republic side and the issue seems to be Imperial, so I'm throwing that out there as still a possibility.

ETA this second character also appears less bugged on the Odessen base than the first. She is being attacked in the Odessen base by the two newcomers, but she still has Commodore Pardax (my other character lost Pardax both in the base and in her companion list). Both characters made the same decision in terms of the Alliance.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I tested the above theory by playing through with another Imperial loyalist. Like before, there were no flirts anywhere in the story. Unlike her predecessor she

agreed with the plans to bomb the population centers on Corellia. She kept her Alliance, which Lana approved of. She did get the kiss at the end.

I still don't like the way this is set up. When you don't get the romance scene, unlike Theron, Lana doesn't give any hint of being angry or disapproving so unless you check a board like this, you don't know what to do to fix it next time. I also think that tying the romance to whether or not your character is willing to commit massive collateral damage is pretty awful.

This is also a character who never had the issue where they needed to reset their romance flag with the Odessen droid. I know someone above said it didn't affect them, but a Commando is Republic side and the issue seems to be Imperial, so I'm throwing that out there as still a possibility.

ETA this second character also appears less bugged on the Odessen base than the first. She is being attacked in the Odessen base by the two newcomers, but she still has Commodore Pardax (my other character lost Pardax both in the base and in her companion list). Both characters made the same decision in terms of the Alliance.

As far as I've noticed during my 3 playthroughs...;

There are no Lana/Theron flirts throughout, just the kiss post Corellia. Unless I'm seriously forgetting any specific moment because there are so many other flirt opportunities along the way (with others like Major Anri, Tau etc.) which in some cases kinda bummed me out because that's nice and all but I just want my LI moment. :o

As far as I've noticed during my 3 playthroughs...;

There are no Lana/Theron flirts throughout, just the kiss post Corellia. Unless I'm seriously forgetting any specific moment because there are so many other flirt opportunities along the way (with others like Major Anri, Tau etc.) which in some cases kinda bummed me out because that's nice and all but I just want my LI moment. :o

There's one Republic side for Lana on the way to Corellia. My character was a saboteur so I don't know if it still is there for Republic loyalists. Lana says she doesn't care what the Republic's opinion of her is. Overall the flirts seemed too thin on the ground for any of the existing romances. I agree, nice and all that one can flirt with Shaar and Vowrawn but I would have rather seen flirts and interactions with the characters we all care about.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Sith Inquisitor, light side, no bombing of civilians, loyalist, rejoined the empire, married to Lana, let Theron live => Didn't get a smoochie smooch from my waifu :( Guess i wasn't a good boy :confused:

Though i didn't see a single empire version of the kiss on youtube yet, propably a rep exclusive due to the Theron situation? And another arc without Lana romance content at all. If i want to feel lonely i just take a look at my real life Bioware! :cool:

Edited by McBaal

Happened to me too, Sith inquisitor, LS, no bombing, loyalist, stayed with Alliance, married Lana, Theron alive,

no kiss Sdene.

I opened a Ticket about it and they said I must not have got it because I missed some content or an ealier Flirt and that everything is working properly.

• 2 weeks later...
There was an update from one of the devs on Twitter. They said they know it's a bug and are working on a patch.

I also received a response to my customer service ticket saying it was a known bug.

Thank god... and thank you for the news! Hopefully they patch in a fix soon. Wonder if it'll affect my agent or if it won't apply since she's already most of the way through the expansion. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

-

Yeah, this is a puzzler. Someone being snide might say "oh, it's quite revealing of Lana that she only gives you a romance moment if you do something terrible," but I don't think that's fair... what you described in spoiler tags more comes across as inconsistent with how Lana is written. Lana is not a "mwahaha, crush everything under our heel" kind of character. Now I don't think she's a "sith with the disposition of a jedi" either, she is absolutely sith from top to bottom (as we have discussed before!), but she's not Dark Jaesa either. If she hated the Republic that much in the Imperial storyline, and desperately wanted as much pain and destruction for them as possible, then I don't see how she could cooperate with them in the Republic storyline. Your report that this is a bug seems much more on the money.

Yeah, this is a puzzler. Someone being snide might say "oh, it's quite revealing of Lana that she only gives you a romance moment if you do something terrible," but I don't think that's fair... what you described in spoiler tags more comes across as inconsistent with how Lana is written. Lana is not a "mwahaha, crush everything under our heel" kind of character. Now I don't think she's a "sith with the disposition of a jedi" either, she is absolutely sith from top to bottom (as we have discussed before!), but she's not Dark Jaesa either. If she hated the Republic that much in the Imperial storyline, and desperately wanted as much pain and destruction for them as possible, then I don't see how she could cooperate with them in the Republic storyline. Your report that this is a bug seems much more on the money.

I agree with you on this.

I'm not directly concerned as i don't have a character romancing Lana, but i still find it silly if romance content is locked behind making a dumb decision and pissing off another character.

And while i don't see Lana having much problem with killing civilians IF it can be usefull to get results, i don't see her either being so mad at you for not doing it, if the other solution worked just as fine to the point of not wanting some love afterwards, especially since she doesn't seem to have much problem with pubs when playing a pub allied character.

On the other hand i can understand Theron being really pissed at a character sacrificing the Republic civilians if there was another way and refusing to get all romantic afterwards.

So i hope for Lana lovers that this is really a bug and will be fixed and not a new feature.

Otherwise it could become annoying for anyone later and with any LI.

Edited by Goreshaga

And while i don't see Lana having much problem with killing civilians IF it can be usefull to get results, i don't see her either being so mad at you for not doing it, if the other solution worked just as fine to the point of not wanting some love afterwards, especially since she doesn't seem to have much problem with pubs when playing a pub allied character.

On the other hand i can understand Theron being really pissed at a character sacrificing the Republic civilians if there was another way and refusing to get all romantic afterwards.

Exactly. It is completely consistent for Theron to be mad at the PC if they don't prevent Republic civilian deaths when they have the chance (particularly given his comment in Hearts and Minds: "I need to know you're in this to win a war, not to crush my old home into dust"). And it is not at all consistent for Lana to be soooooo overcome with bloodlust that only the slaughter of innocents will put her in the mood for love. ;) It's got to be a bug, as Io has subsequently told us it is.

Exactly. It is completely consistent for Theron to be mad at the PC if they don't prevent Republic civilian deaths when they have the chance (particularly given his comment in Hearts and Minds: "I need to know you're in this to win a war, not to crush my old home into dust"). And it is not at all consistent for Lana to be soooooo overcome with bloodlust that only the slaughter of innocents will put her in the mood for love. ;) It's got to be a bug, as Io has subsequently told us it is.

Yup, this is also consistent with how he reacted to his own father being willing to do the same in Annihilation.

But yeah for Lana it just doesn't make sense.

I hope they gonna fix this, cose as it is (Between Lana romance not showing up, and the BUGS in the ''expansion'' ) , I find it hard to play it . I'm holding back till there is a fix for it and for the toons that already did it .

Plz BW!! I know there is a *****torm about carfting and gears and what not . But the Story and Romances are bugged like hell too!

I hope they gonna fix this, cose as it is (Between Lana romance not showing up, and the BUGS in the ''expansion'' ) , I find it hard to play it . I'm holding back till there is a fix for it and for the toons that already did it .

Same. I hope they fix it soon, or atlest in this year.

So, I did a little research and it seems to understand why the kiss scene may not be available to the Imperial characters.

To begin with, we’ll analyze the side of the Republic, as I understood from the many watched video walkthroughs, Lana almost always invites a character to a party. Except for the case if the character is in a romantic relationship with Theron. In this case, he already invites and the player is given the opportunity to kiss him.

Returning to the Imperial side, the developers apparently forgot to do the same. Unlike the republican version, the game ignores whether the character is in a relationship with Lana, while the person who invites to the party by default, unlike the republic (where Lana plays this role), is Theron.

Summarizing. At the moment, the only options to get the option to kiss Lana are:

1. Leave Theron to die.

2. Anger Theron by ignoring the bombardment of civilian targets.

As you can understand, both of these options are not too suitable for those Imperial characters who are closer to the Light Side. And as one of those who play on such characters, I really hope that the developers fix this as soon as possible.

That's all.

• 1 month later...