Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where dreams die - defeat purifier droids

Protoaloe
09.19.2019 , 02:34 AM | #1
I have now done this quest over and over and no success and basically am stuck.
I have played ten chars through this section without problem. Now since I have not much to do, I decided to use the free updated char option and I made a new char and am at this spot where the Purifier droids never get defeated.

Surely this must be a bug. I have been fighting all these purifier droids for hours on end, died more often than I can count, and die and die and die. I can get the whole group to kill first lot and then run down to the other area and hide, and kill off whatever comes. But then going back they all come running again and he killing starts again.

This is so very frustrating. To be stuck on such a stupid part.
On forum and net not much news/anything about it all is 2017 time. Please help. Maybe I need to lodge ticket, looks like a bug n (Oh by the way I am in Story difficulty)

Sundown
09.19.2019 , 04:21 AM | #2
EDIT: nevermind - you seem to have tried what I suggested. Might be a bug, I will give it a shot tonight.

SteveTheCynic
09.19.2019 , 05:49 AM | #3
If I'm reading this right, you're inside the big room with the hexagonal columns in the floor and the big Technothingy in the middle, with the droids that appear on three sides.

It can, indeed, be a little stressful, but without knowing various things about your character, there's not much we can do to help:
* Which class and discipline?
* What level?
* Influence rank for Vette? (Remember that for an Outlander token character, she starts at Influence rank 1.)
* What is your "Item Rating" shown top-left in the Character panel?

I did this a few days ago on a level 70 Marksmanship Sniper whose command rank is in the mid-70s, and who has full 230 gear. Vette got a bit stressed about her Health, but it was actually one of the least difficult versions of this fight I've had. For Sniper, it's best to stand on the upper level between the Technothingy and the front door because you have the range to cover all three doors without moving much.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

tuulem
09.21.2019 , 04:58 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Protoaloe View Post
I can get the whole group to kill first lot and then run down to the other area and hide, and kill off whatever comes. But then going back they all come running again and he killing starts again.
If I understand you correctly, you are killing some of the droids at the main entrance to the technolith room, then running out of the room to the passageway on the far side of the courtyard to try to group up the rest of them and kill them as they reach you.

It that's the case, it could be that you are running too far into the corridor/passageway and resetting the encounter*. This causes all the droids to respawn and reset to their starting positions, which in turn could make you feel like that the spawns are never ending.

*This happened to me loads of times when I was working on that chapter in master mode.