Cover Issues - Post 1.2.2

Miltonium

I use crouch all the time, but apparently its also happening for Natural Cover too.

Sometimes you just don't go into cover... it seems to happen quite often in warzones, but i've also been able to recreate it in the fleet as well.

Anyone else noticing the same issue?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can confirm this.

It happens if you press cover/crouch while running forward.

However, if you stop before cover, the bug seems not to happen.

I also have a thing with my followthrough shot, sometimes it does not fire - have to test it more to maybe find out what causes that.

I can confirm this.

It happens if you press cover/crouch while running forward.

However, if you stop before cover, the bug seems not to happen.

It also occurs even when standing still. Oddly the animation is alot slower too, but only sometimes, and its not universal.

Was in a flashpoint where sometimes i would go into cover nice and quick and proper, and other times i'd get the slow animation.

Oh well... i'll be in DF till it gets fixed.

I figured this right now. Never happened before. I think it started with today's patch.

I can't go into cover while moving. Cover screen comes up but im not in cover and i can't use the abilities.

This is so irritating and kinda game breakin.

Ticket submitted.

Hope it is fixed soon.

Edited by tegororn

Hi folks, thanks for reporting this. We've confirmed and added this to our list of Known Issues and we are now working on a fix for an upcoming patch. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Is there any chance at a hotfix tonight or tomorrow? This makes the GS/Sniper unplayable in PvP if your marksman...

PLEASE FIX ASAP!!! There is no way we can do HM Explosive Conflict or Lost Island tonight with this dumb feature. So much for raiding tonight. Thanks for this crap. For future reference, please check to see if basic mechanics are not messed up prior to a patch release.

Please and thank you.

-----------

I've noticed that after the patch update my smuggler can't proper go into cover (F Button) in the middle of sprinting or riding my vehicle. ***?

How does Bioware expect us to do HM Raids/FP's with this garbage.

Anyone else have this happen to them? I've already submitted a ticket to remove this crappy feature.

M

PLEASE FIX ASAP!!! There is no way we can do HM Explosive Conflict or Lost Island tonight with this dumb feature. So much for raiding tonight. Thanks for this crap. For future reference, please check to see if basic mechanics are not messed up prior to a patch release.

Please and thank you.

-----------

I've noticed that after the patch update my smuggler can't proper go into cover (F Button) in the middle of sprinting or riding my vehicle. ***?

How does Bioware expect us to do HM Raids/FP's with this garbage.

Anyone else have this happen to them? I've already submitted a ticket to remove this crappy feature.

M

That's because they don't expect you to as it isn't a feature....it's a bug. They are looking at fixing it. What more do you want, icing on your cookies?

Less invented/meaningless outrage and more constructive feedback, please.

Dear Bioware, please take the servers down to fix this problem as soon as you can. We are severely crippled right now with cover being broken. I sometimes only roll half way to the cover point then stop and do not gain cover. I try to use my knock-back and it will not fire even though I am in cover. I have crouch and take cover both bound because I use both skills in different situations. Neither skill is working like it was, the whole game feels un-responsive since last night's patch.

Yes, I was wondering what the **** was going on, didn't realise other people had it as well.

I'm standing there like an idiot a lot when I press the cover button now and sometimes had to press it 3 times for it to work.

Oh thank god it's not just me. I logged on, did a flashpoint right away, things felt weird. Then did a wz and was completely ****ed. Came on here and thankfully know it's a known bug that they have acknowledged.

Although you do have to wonder how they mess up something they didn't even mention changing. I have noticed that cover seems to chance ever so slightly each patch as if it's the most connected skill in the entire game and any change to anything somehow alters it lol

Edited by ZDProletariat

Gotta love how they can ruin an entire AC with a patch that has nothing to do with it. "Next patch:" isn't a sufficient answer when the mechanic that pretty much rules your class is destroyed.

Once again, quality work BioWare. Can't wait to see what you manage to screw up next time!

Edited by Saacius

Hi folks, thanks for reporting this. We've confirmed and added this to our list of Known Issues and we are now working on a fix for an upcoming patch. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

If this can't be fixed ASAP (ie in a patch tonight) I recommend using the typical software testing approach. You take your test server (You do have one right?) and configure it to pre-patch. Apply the new patch fixes one-by-one until you see which one breaks the class. Mark that patch fix as bad. Take the main servers down for emergency patch tonight. Roll the configurations back to pre-patch (configurations not character data so nothing is lost). Apply all the patches except the one you marked as bad. Restart servers. Problem solved. Find a different fix for the patch that caused the issue.

In your known issues thread, you have a workaround for this newly reported bug. If your CS personnel and developers listed to our feedback herein you'd know that this workaround isn't really a work around.

Classes and Combat

When the Take Cover ability is activated while moving, players will not go into cover if Portable Cover is needed. (If green-outlined environmental indicator is available, activating the ability will roll players into cover as intended.)

Workaround: If players are not moving, Portable Cover works properly with a single activation of Take Cover. Furthermore, players who drop their Portable Cover while moving can activate the ability again to move into cover.

As for an upcoming patch, is this how you hotfix things. I'm going to think that's what you meant, since I feel you do not have the ability to "HOTFIX" like other MMOs, that you instead need to patch.

1. Patch tomorrow?

2. Patch by the weekend?

3. These two ACs are needed for most 8 man HM guilds to beat your bugged Warlord Kephess encounter.

4. Fix this ASAP. It will show your commitment to two AC communities that you just basically rendered unplayable.

5. Your past two patches for very minor stuff have broken Kephess HM 8 man, the ability to spawn Nightmare Pilgrim (at least on Saber of Exar Kun) and now two Advanced Classes. Do we have to continue to expect this kind of patching from you in the future. Especially when you break stuff and then post a half *** workaround that you actually think work for the majority of us.

6. Things like this is why your number of concurrent subscribers continue to not log on. Servers are dying and then you break stuff.

7. Lastly after I read this, I feel that this won't get fixed till next tuesday sadly because you still haven't fixed Kephess 8 man even though you were told a week ago. So I might as well not play my main, not lead my guild as an officer, not raid since I'm broken and would have to been carried.

Back to the main topic... it is not only a TAKE COVER issue, its also a CROUCH (portable cover) issue.

As I've said before, just repeatedly CROUCHing on the fleet, i've had it where you start the animation, but then it stops and ya just stand there. This isn't moving while CROUCHing.

I have also noted that the animation for CROUCH on the fleet seems excessively slow, but within a FLASHPOINT there are times where my animation displayed at the normal proper fast speed, and times it was in the slower speed... the issues seem to occur more often during the slower animation.

WIthin this same flashpoint the other DPS was another gunslinger who wasn't having the same issue as I was, and his animations always looked to be running at the proper speed. I really hope that this isn't considered just a TAKE COVER issue since I've not used natural cover for like 4 months now at all.

Tusk

P.S. - For those of you wanting to QQ, Backseat Developer Driver, or just make petty and snide remarks about BW "incompetence"... Please make your own thread and get out of mine... KKbai