Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Intense, Intermittent Lag outs and Subsequent Disconnections

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Intense, Intermittent Lag outs and Subsequent Disconnections

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

thenewzero
12.30.2011 , 11:20 AM | #11
I've been having this issue too. I played since about 4 beta builds before launch and didn't have this issue. But about a week ago, I started having it.

Basically, every once in a while I notice that pushing buttons doesn't do anything at all, and my latency is showed as one bar (red). Sometimes it DCs, sometimes it goes back to normal for a minute or two, then repeats. The funny thing is my 3 roommates who play have not been encountering this issue, even though we're on the same connection and the same server playing at the same time.

I also noticed that during these spikes, I still receive chat (guild chat, general, etc.) and I can still see my companion or party members fighting in real time. I just can't input commands.

I also have not had issues like this with browsing, playing League of Legends or Warcraft, or watching Netflix. It's just SW:TOR.
I support SGRA in SW:TOR.

starwaysdude
01.15.2012 , 07:07 PM | #12
I am getting these too now. Is there a solution?

Khryn
01.15.2012 , 07:10 PM | #13
This looks like the ERROR 9000 problem.

There is no fix yet. Post in the sticky at the top of the page. (Read the first page and follow directions.)

But here come the people that say it's your ISP....
Khryn, Rex'sun, Xhiryn, and variations of such.
Jung-Ma Refugee.
I'm a keyboard turnin' cowboy, baby.

thomasmbarker
01.15.2012 , 07:22 PM | #14
I have been unable to log in to the game except rarely for the past two days and when I did get in, I couldn't go 30 seconds without my connection dropping to one red bar and latency shooting up to 10k ms. I couldn't stay logged in for more than 20 minutes before I would be disconnected. It's really put a downer on my weekend.

Server: Nadd's Sarcophagus

Mishoo
05.31.2012 , 01:30 PM | #15
Got the exact same issue, I get lag for 20 seconds every 5 or so minutes. It is annoying, especially because during that time i PING the server and the network answer time is less than 60ms. Therefore it cannot be the network.
If this keeps on I will simply not play anymore.

Cerimon
05.31.2012 , 01:36 PM | #16 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings All,

If you are receiving this error it can indicate an issue with your network connection.

If there is no current server downtime please check the following to help resolve your issue:
  • Restart the game and attempt to login again.
  • Ensure that your network connection is stable. If you are using a wireless connection, try to see if using a wired connection improves the issue.
  • You may try power-cycling your router by turning its power off waiting 30 seconds and then turning it back on again.
  • You may need to remove and re-add an exception for SWTOR.exe and launcher.exe to your Firewall and Anti-Virus.
  • If you utilize a VPN for your connection, you need to ensure that the game is allowed to communicate through the VPN. If you are using a proxy server, please ensure that it is configured correctly in Internet Explorer.
  • If you have any third party traffic management software running on your computer, you can try disabling it.
We apologize for any inconvenience caused and thank you for playing Star Wars: The Old Republic

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support