Real reason why holotraverse needs to be fixed

tharlainmar

I understand how you hollow traversed up. But how did you nearly instantly get to the line?

HT has a CD, so you couldn’t have used it twice.

It’s common knowledge at this point that holo and phantom stride have a bad tendency to do this normally ending in he players death (due to falling from heights) eg in PvE:

or

Eg in PvP:

or

It was supposed fixed with the gcd that was added to the ability but that simply didn’t do anything other than make the classes feel clunky.

I understand how you hollow traversed up. But how did you nearly instantly get to the line?

HT has a CD, so you couldn’t have used it twice.

He didn't use it twice, the single use glitched. Holotraverse and Phantom Stride just need to be removed from the game. Give Sins back Phase Walk and figure something out for Ops, lolroll is plenty of movement. Something like Explosive Fuel that gives control over crits would really help all 3 specs.

The video above looks a bit unusual, but general, if a team mate (or enemy) jumps in the air, and you holo to them at that moment, you go as far forward as you can until you hit something. So its actually pretty exploitable. You just ask a friendly to hippidy hop when he leaves the gate, and you can time it out and angle it as you need.

Now that said, the amount of times it has screwed me (killed me, shot me where I didnt want to go, etc.) far outweighs the times when its helpful. But im not one to exploit it, so i cant speak for all scoundrels/ops.

Edited by AndriusAjax

Honestly, it looked like he holotravesed up to the first point and a few second later he was past the last trap.

I cannot not see how a “holotraverse only” bug causes that.

When I holotraverse from that position, it certainly doesn’t do that for me.

It’s literally impossible to holotraverse from that starting location with so many obstacles and traps so that he would land in that spot without something else occurring too.

Maybe a pull from another class or a push could cause a random affect like that? Or he had to have used a second ability, maybe speed run? to glitch it or something else a bit weird.

To say holotraverse needs to be fixed because of that particular example is just ridiculous. Is holotraverse bugged? Sure, it is a little. But no worse than Operative roll or Jugg leap.

What Bioware needs to do is fix all gap closing abilities, but I don’t think they can because x/y/z positioning in this game bugs out or causes dysnc. It’s why all HBs have the worst dysnc in the game. Honestly, if you want to call for a change, it should be for HB to work properly and then maybe the class abilities wouldn’t bug out in the maps.

What Bioware needs to do is fix all gap closing abilities, but I don’t think they can because x/y/z positioning in this game bugs out or causes dysnc. It’s why all HBs have the worst dysnc in the game. Honestly, if you want to call for a change, it should be for HB to work properly and then maybe the class abilities wouldn’t bug out in the maps.

To say Holotraverse has the same issues as leap or roll is a blatant lie. I've never seen an operative die by rolling, but I certainly have seen an operative slingshotted into the stratosphere and killed instantly. BioWare "tried" to fix it by adding a small GCD to it, as someone mentioned earlier, and again it made the classes feel more clunky than fix the actual issue because it still happens. Holotraverse works most of the time, but there are ofc instances where it doesn't. And BioWare hasn't found a way to slap a band-aid on it.

Did you read my post?

I cannot not see how a “holotraverse only” bug causes that.

When I holotraverse from that position, it certainly doesn’t do that for me.

That is because it's rare, it can and will happen just because you haven't see it doesn't mean it's not a thing.

It’s literally impossible to holotraverse from that starting location with so many obstacles and traps so that he would land in that spot without something else occurring too.

That is just completely false, you can simply stand still, and have the other target stand still and have this effect.

To say holotraverse needs to be fixed because of that particular example is just ridiculous. Is holotraverse bugged? Sure, it is a little. But no worse than Operative roll or Jugg leap.

If you had of read my post i gave many examples of this bug, all i had to do was type into google 'holo traverse' and i found endless vids of this bug. Also operative roll does have it bugs, but rarely does it end in death. Jugg leap is also the best working gap closer, pt leap is far worse.

Jugg leap is also the best working gap closer, pt leap is far worse.

I should make a montage of all the times I fall through the ground to my death when I force leap on my Jugg. Or all the times I get stuck under the stairs in Yavin and can’t get out.

Bugs are bugs, they all need to be fixed. And I still cant see how the OP was able to get where he was by only using holotraverse. It’s not possible without something else happening too. So it’s a poor example to use for why holotraverse needs to be fixed.

I should make a montage of all the times I fall through the ground to my death when I force leap on my Jugg. Or all the times I get stuck under the stairs in Yavin and can’t get out.

Bugs are bugs, they all need to be fixed. And I still cant see how the OP was able to get where he was by only using holotraverse. It’s not possible without something else happening too. So it’s a poor example to use for why holotraverse needs to be fixed.

Did you watch any of the videos? The exploit looks pretty clear there, and all of the cases show the individual veering off in a very different direction than just a straight line.

There's nothing else at work here aside from just using holotraverse and having it slingshot me in an angle right into the endzone, you can slow down the clip to 0.25 and you'll see there's nothing else at work. Sure its an exploit maybe if you can pull it off every single time in vandin, i've holotraversed multiple times usually to someone in the opposite ramp of that one, and it sometimes makes me fly and land right before the bottom lightning trap, but this was the first time its gotten me to the endzone, moreover, obviously i'm just trying to holotraverse to anybody that I can get to thats even remotely close to the endzone so I can score unexpecting anything like this clip would even happen

There's nothing else at work here aside from just using holotraverse and having it slingshot me in an angle right into the endzone, you can slow down the clip to 0.25 and you'll see there's nothing else at work. Sure its an exploit maybe if you can pull it off every single time in vandin, i've holotraversed multiple times usually to someone in the opposite ramp of that one, and it sometimes makes me fly and land right before the bottom lightning trap, but this was the first time its gotten me to the endzone, moreover, obviously i'm just trying to holotraverse to anybody that I can get to thats even remotely close to the endzone so I can score unexpecting anything like this clip would even happen

Is it at all possible that you had a push or pull affect happen at the same time? I know Holotraverse can do weird stuff, but I can’t see it sling shotting you that far by itself.

I’ve personally had some extremely weird stuff happen over the years with every class and 99.99% of the time it’s because of a third party ability affecting my own.

Is it at all possible that you had a push or pull affect happen at the same time? I know Holotraverse can do weird stuff, but I can’t see it sling shotting you that far by itself.

I’ve personally had some extremely weird stuff happen over the years with every class and 99.99% of the time it’s because of a third party ability affecting my own.

There isn't a single PT/VG or shadow/sin nearby which are the only two classes which I'd imagine come closest to pulling this sort of effect off. The allied sorc on the catwalk doesn't use force pull, nor does the guardian initially attacking OP use force push. It is simply down to holotraverse being buggy. That's it. Pure, plain and simple. There's nothing else here.

Yes we all have weird stuff happen on some classes, but those are rare instances. I've had interesting stuff happen on sniper, but I've been killed more times with my sin's phantom stride. I've not even fallen through the ground by using force leap/charge, intercede or whatever, but holotraverse and phantom stride remain perhaps the buggiest abilities in the game.

The wonky holotraverse things that most often happen to me are either: 1. i teleport to target for 0.2s then teleport right back (probably because of uneven ground and/or leaps), or 2. nothing happens at all -- but the ability has been spent.

I never shoot across the screen. You guys have all the fun :(

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Are you deliberately ignoring the video evidence offered?

I mean, it's on video. You can see it happening in other warzones. I don't know why you're trying to deflect or prevent the devs from investigating this. Or did the teammates in the videos provided magically push the players from the beginning spawn point to the mid cap point?

the bug happened to me recently with my sin when i tried to phantom stride a foe.

-i was carrying the ball.

-the foe i targeted for my phantom was a ledge above me.

-just after my phantom on him i was directly teleport on the enemy respwn room

-i was then OS like if i was out of bound.

-i lost the ball

-not sure but i think the one i tried to phantom got the ball

-even if i was teleported to their respwn and had the ball,it did count as marking.

-it happened in the last huttbal released in the game (don't remember the name)

-i only play in regs and solo, so i had no accomplice or anything of the sort to synchronize to make this thing happen.

hope this help figuring out something and help for fixing if some BW staff read this.

Edited by mandalicstab

The wonky holotraverse things that most often happen to me are either: 1. i teleport to target for 0.2s then teleport right back (probably because of uneven ground and/or leaps), or 2. nothing happens at all -- but the ability has been spent.

I never shoot across the screen. You guys have all the fun :(

Yeah I've played Operative in PvP since Holotraverse was added and I've never had anything more than relatively minor glitches happen with it. I don't think I've ever gone flying across the map. I'm jealous.