Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Real reason Sins got buffed

Lhancelot
02.27.2020 , 04:51 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
Again another "argument" that I've seen a lot over the years, over a ton of games, even SP games. "But that's not what we wanted", even when, it was, what they asked for. "But the other system was better". This one is hugely ironic, because every time a new system is introduced, the previous one was "better". It doesn't even matter what the system is, or was, it's always greener on the other side of the fence, eh? Here's a classic example, that's even developer specific: Dragon Age II was lambasted on the old BSN for being a total train wreck, and yet, when Inquisition released, you'd have thought that DA II was the best thing since sliced bread.

If you ever wonder why it seems like developers aren't paying attention, re-read this post, and maybe go back and check your own post history, to see how many times you've done the "but the other one was better".
I don't need to check my position I know it by heart when it comes to what gearing system I preferred. I made it very clear too, for years. That never changed.

No, I actually can sit here and say I stand by all my statements written on these forums when it comes to my criticisms of the game. That's not changed at all. Just like the problems on SWTOR, they haven't changed in years, either.

Same issues in ranked. Same issues in PVP. Same issues regarding any "problem" area a person might think of when they think of problem areas on SWTOR. For years.

BW created their reputation of ignoring feedback and being non-communicative with their own behavior. This happened and was talked about before I complained about it on the forums over the years. Point is that has been a notorious and very valid complaint by SWTOR players for years and guess what it's still a problem.

I am distracted by a show and don't feel like typing out the hundreds of examples where BW made obvious and awful changes that undoubtedly hurt the game. Sub drops after certain game changes prove this it's not just coincidence.

I realize some fans take it personal when some of us criticize BW but the fact is they actually deserve the criticisms. Sorry fans.
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582

robertthebard
02.27.2020 , 05:52 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
I don't need to check my position I know it by heart when it comes to what gearing system I preferred. I made it very clear too, for years. That never changed.

No, I actually can sit here and say I stand by all my statements written on these forums when it comes to my criticisms of the game. That's not changed at all. Just like the problems on SWTOR, they haven't changed in years, either.

Same issues in ranked. Same issues in PVP. Same issues regarding any "problem" area a person might think of when they think of problem areas on SWTOR. For years.

BW created their reputation of ignoring feedback and being non-communicative with their own behavior. This happened and was talked about before I complained about it on the forums over the years. Point is that has been a notorious and very valid complaint by SWTOR players for years and guess what it's still a problem.

I am distracted by a show and don't feel like typing out the hundreds of examples where BW made obvious and awful changes that undoubtedly hurt the game. Sub drops after certain game changes prove this it's not just coincidence.

I realize some fans take it personal when some of us criticize BW but the fact is they actually deserve the criticisms. Sorry fans.
I'm not taking it personally, hell, I've been gone for around a year, until just recently. I'm just pointing out the misconception that developers don't listen. They do, and sometimes, maybe even a lot of the time, they reject the suggestions, or feedback. What's that idiom, God answers all prayers, sometimes He says no.

I suspect that your mention of PvP is irony? Because a lot of changes have been made to the game to cater specifically to PvP. I'm sure you're aware, so I have to guess that you're just throwing that out there because "reasons"? Maybe you can point me to the NPC forum where the mobs were complaining about sage/sorc bubble HoTs, or Orbital Tickle? Maybe there's a whole thread about Phase Walk on this NPC forum?

What I suspect happened with 'sin is that one of the QA guys/gals, or one of the devs, tried to play one on more than Story mode in KotFE/ET, and found that they'd gone too far. I can't say. I can say that these changes didn't send me straight to the cash shop to buy cosmetic weapon skins. I also can't say that these sales have improved, since I don't have access to the actual sales numbers. I suspect, however, that's it has remained somewhat static, lots of skins available in game w/out the need to buy them, and it's likely, while not a certainty, that anyone that wanted to buy one already has.
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

Lhancelot
02.27.2020 , 11:57 PM | #23
What's that idiom, God answers all prayers, sometimes He says no.
This was funny I like god jokes. ^

I suspect that your mention of PvP is irony? Because a lot of changes have been made to the game to cater specifically to PvP. I'm sure you're aware, so I have to guess that you're just throwing that out there because "reasons"? Maybe you can point me to the NPC forum where the mobs were complaining about sage/sorc bubble HoTs, or Orbital Tickle? Maybe there's a whole thread about Phase Walk on this NPC forum?

What I suspect happened with 'sin is that one of the QA guys/gals, or one of the devs, tried to play one on more than Story mode in KotFE/ET, and found that they'd gone too far. I can't say. I can say that these changes didn't send me straight to the cash shop to buy cosmetic weapon skins. I also can't say that these sales have improved, since I don't have access to the actual sales numbers. I suspect, however, that's it has remained somewhat static, lots of skins available in game w/out the need to buy them, and it's likely, while not a certainty, that anyone that wanted to buy one already has.
The rest of this, well it doesn't really prove or disprove the theory that the sin class got buffed to improve CM sales for specific Sin related weapons/gears.
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582