Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Real reason Sins got buffed

Lhancelot
02.26.2020 , 08:15 PM | #1
Cartel Market numbers came in and 2h Pikes were not selling as BW had anticipated. Double LS/Pikes now selling like hot cakes!
Please join the discussion on how to improve rewards for PVP
HERE
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...82#post9840582

DavidAtkinson
02.26.2020 , 10:53 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Cartel Market numbers came in and 2h Pikes were not selling as BW had anticipated. Double LS/Pikes now selling like hot cakes!
While I like your theory, I think the reasons here are much simpler...

Sins were just not good after they got nerfed in 5.0 and there were a lot of requests to make them viable and in their typical fashion the combat team made them so by taking some things to the extremes.

The only people complaining about sins are ranked players(5%) of the entire players and we shall see if that justification enough to Bioware to make changes to it. For the rest of the player base sins are fine.

Also.. don't forget that this game is PVE oriented and most likely PVP was not really considered when making changes to classes for Onslaught.
Darth Malgus Server
Delusional Marauder Main

robertthebard
02.27.2020 , 12:02 AM | #3
The tinfoil hat wearing part of my personality wants to say "oh yeah, I believe that". The part of me that actually has played 'sins/shadows since RotHC, not so much, since despite any changes, I didn't actually buy 'em. I do like that I can play my story missions on 'em now, as compared to right after the nerf, where I couldn't. Maybe that has something to do with it?
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Also, just a small point. Why should anyone who plays this game exclusively for any particular type of content, have to run a different type of content just to earn gear? What is that attitude all about?

TrixxieTriss
02.27.2020 , 06:02 AM | #4
LoL, so droll... can I have maple syrup with my hot cakes please

omaan
02.27.2020 , 07:19 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
While I like your theory, I think the reasons here are much simpler...

Sins were just not good after they got nerfed in 5.0 and there were a lot of requests to make them viable and in their typical fashion the combat team made them so by taking some things to the extremes.

The only people complaining about sins are ranked players(5%) of the entire players and we shall see if that justification enough to Bioware to make changes to it. For the rest of the player base sins are fine.

Also.. don't forget that this game is PVE oriented and most likely PVP was not really considered when making changes to classes for Onslaught.
Thats why devs need to separate pvp and pve balance. Provide buffs, set bonuses or boosters which would work only in pve or pvp and balance everything around it as they want. More dps in pve less dps in pvp if in pvp this spec outperforms others considerably. Booster, special set bonuses,special stats will always keep all dps classes viable in pve while devs balance things in pvp
Support the most evil, mad and cruel sith named Stain by clicking this small link http://www.swtor.com/r/wSmNkK You will get additional 7 days of subscription while i get some goodies
May the kek be with you. Save ranked and class balance pls

JediQuaker
02.27.2020 , 07:56 AM | #6
You know, these items aren't "real"? There's no stockpile of items in some physical warehouse that need to be sold. 😍

BW is capable of doing all sorts of things to get you to buy and spend CC - like bringing out a new Stronghold and lots of decos - they don't need to buff classes to do it.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Lhancelot
02.27.2020 , 08:04 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
You know, these items aren't "real"? There's no stockpile of items in some physical warehouse that need to be sold. 😍

BW is capable of doing all sorts of things to get you to buy and spend CC - like bringing out a new Stronghold and lots of decos - they don't need to buff classes to do it.
Ohreally?

Did they need to change conquest? Did they need to remove any of the better older gearing systems? Did BW need to gut and destroy crafting? Does BW ever "need" a reason to do something illogical?

Come on man! You even point out many of the dumb choices BW makes! You can't suddenly believe they make choices with logic and reason lol.

All of you made reasonable statements, but no proof here that I am wrong.

What does that tell me?

Start expecting class buffs and nerfs more frequent when they figure out they can influence the CM sales via ingame nuances and factors. They can dictate all kinds of CM items this way.
HERE

Shinian
02.27.2020 , 08:07 AM | #8
Yeah, like jack up credits needed to craft, repair gear etc, in the hopes you’ll buy cartel market stuff to resell just to stay afloat.

I’m mostly joking.

*adjusts tinfoil hat*

JediQuaker
02.27.2020 , 08:13 AM | #9
Oh really?
Yes, really.

I know you're upset that BW doesn't listen to you for guidance on how to run their game, but there's no need to get silly about it. 😊
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Lhancelot
02.27.2020 , 08:14 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Shinian View Post
Yeah, like jack up credits needed to craft, repair gear etc, in the hopes you’ll buy cartel market stuff to resell just to stay afloat.

I’m mostly joking.

*adjusts tinfoil hat*
How about BW going into the credit selling business? Some people have even found this likely when putting on their tinfoil hats maybe this came to you too?
HERE