What ever happened to the "amazing matchmaking system" for warzones?

SoulstitchMMO

I seem to recall developers talking about how everyone would be matched so that they would always have as fair as possible games in warzones.

I don't recall that ever happening. Was this a straight up lie? That the game didn't actually launch with any matchmaking other than cramming bodies together to form a team?

Wrong MMO . . .

Actually right MMO.

They told us it would be in release. At least give us the "no randoms vs. premades" like it was promised just before prestart.

There is absolutly no fun to go against full premade from one guild in pvp equip with one lvl 50 and some random lvl 11-14.

Actually right MMO.

They told us it would be in release. At least give us the "no randoms vs. premades" like it was promised just before prestart.

There is absolutly no fun to go against full premade from one guild in pvp equip with one lvl 50 and some random lvl 11-14.

link pls

tbh, the system isn't terrible.

i notice myself going against premades a lot more often if I'm actually in a premade myself.

obviously the system isn't perfect and I've seen some terrible outcomes and it may just be coincidence im running into premades in my premade but I've seen some pretty "fair" matches.

the problem with the premade thing though, is that I've often seen premades of non-50's be matched against me which get rolled over

all i really hope is that their matchmaking system prioritizes a republic vs empire match rather than a empire vs empire match.

its pretty disgusting to have a longer queue when you're the minority faction on a server

I think the system would work, if there was equal number of imps and republic players. Bioware simply underestimated the appeal of dark side.

more like bioware underestimated the intelligence of its player base by giving the imperial classes blatant advantages over their supposedly "mirrored" republic classes.

how this even made it out of alpha testing is astounding

This game was released 6 months too early ... blame EA for being afraid of GW2 (as they should be)

Yes, they really should be. But besides that why did they lie? I mean there doesn't appear to be any matchmaking system at all in place other than "Hey you fill this spot till we got 8 people then go against another team of 8 people"

I seem to recall developers talking about how everyone would be matched so that they would always have as fair as possible games in warzones.

I don't recall that ever happening. Was this a straight up lie? That the game didn't actually launch with any matchmaking other than cramming bodies together to form a team?

Its there, but when 20 people que up and it needs to fill a match with 16 people. You gotta cut corners

tbh, the system isn't terrible.

i notice myself going against premades a lot more often if I'm actually in a premade myself.

obviously the system isn't perfect and I've seen some terrible outcomes and it may just be coincidence im running into premades in my premade but I've seen some pretty "fair" matches.

the problem with the premade thing though, is that I've often seen premades of non-50's be matched against me which get rolled over

all i really hope is that their matchmaking system prioritizes a republic vs empire match rather than a empire vs empire match.

its pretty disgusting to have a longer queue when you're the minority faction on a server

We had a premade on our side yesterday that bailed before the match started, leaving us to get crushed. Presumably because of the premade on the other side. Although I find the system incredibly annoying, don't be too hard on Bioware. More experienced devs than them have tried and failed.

Of course, if they'd separated premades from pugs at the beginning, this might not be an issue right now. But they didn't, and there's no use crying about spilt milk under the bridge.

People complaining about pre-mades is the most laughable thing on this forum.

Get friends to que up.

Problem solved.

Classic fanboy response. Nothing is BioWares fault everything is our fault. We need to take steps to fix a problem made by BioWare. Nice logic.

Edited by Deshie

Its on the 'wall of crazy' along with every other good idea this game will never see.