Class Representatives Returning!

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Now that we are past the launch of Game Update 2.6, it is time for the return of the Class Representative initiative! Over the course of this week I am going to start reaching out to those former Reps who had yet to submit their top 3. Early next week I will talk a little bit more about how the process will work and the schedule for when each Class will be submitting their top 3. Thank you all for your patience, I know it was quite some time ago that we took a break on this.

If there is a situation where a Class Rep is no longer available, I will reach out to whomever was nearest to them in the original nomination. If that doesn't work they I may just have their mirror Rep submit their top 3, we'll see.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

Now that we are past the launch of Game Update 2.6, it is time for the return of the Class Representative initiative! Over the course of this week I am going to start reaching out to those former Reps who had yet to submit their top 3. Early next week I will talk a little bit more about how the process will work and the schedule for when each Class will be submitting their top 3. Thank you all for your patience, I know it was quite some time ago that we took a break on this.

If there is a situation where a Class Rep is no longer available, I will reach out to whomever was nearest to them in the original nomination. If that doesn't work they I may just have their mirror Rep submit their top 3, we'll see.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Eric, since nothing has changed, other than the healing tree, for Merc's/Mandos, won't the same issues, issues that your team has already acknowledged as very real issues, be exactly the same? I'm confused as to what *NEW* info you expect to see?

Eric, since nothing has changed, other than the healing tree, for Merc's/Mandos, won't the same issues, issues that your team has already acknowledged as very real issues, be exactly the same? I'm confused as to what *NEW* info you expect to see?

with the whole outcry lately about operatives and assassins, maybe this is due to them, though the assassin part at least I don't see much of a problem with

It shall be written with quill and ink on vellum, no more of that low class parchment, tut tut. And with 12% more flowery language, and must be submitted in iambic pentameter,

To be honest, I can't say I care. I thought the CR system failed long ago.

I doubt they'd be reporting on anything that matters to me, and pretty much anything that does has been quashed from future development, so I have nothing to look forward or care about.

*shrug*

Yay for these, always good to see some insight into classes.

I'm not sure if it is helpful. Last time all it did was end up in screaming over typically vague class answers, perceived insults and no real change.

If the point of these is being patronized by devs, it'll just backfire, again.

I'm not sure if it is helpful. Last time all it did was end up in screaming over typically vague class answers, perceived insults and no real change.

If the point of these is being patronized by devs, it'll just backfire, again.

It got shadows their supposed improvements while removing one of the best parts about being a shadow tank, self healing, even though they were fine before.

Edited by Reno_Tarshil

*shadows*. Agree that removing shadow tank self heal was dumb.

You can blame the Nightmare Mode Raiders who complained that Shadowns took 8100 damage from the hit that Guardians and VGs took 8000 damage from, which is completely and utterly unacceptable. ;)

Just like you can blame them for the recent nerf to Orbital Strike. :D

Eric - I agree with TUX...

I know the Sage/Sorc community has filled out MANY MANY Pages of feedback via brainstorming and our original questions.

What EXACTLY did those provide that don't say the same things over and over again? I personally feel this is just another JAW JACKING event to keep many folks thinking was have a snowballs chance in hell to get our class balances we have been asking for over the last two years.

Sorry... Keep getting promises for you guys to "Fix" our classes and then nothing happens. Why do you post "Give Feedback" over and over again then do NOTHING about it? STOP ASKING FOR INPUT / FEEDBACK if you are not going to do anything about it....

Last REPRESENTATIVE Questions = H2F, L2P and a lovely song on how sorcs are screwed.

1000 pages later we repeated our feedback / input - nothing changed (Except Sin DPS & Pushback tweaks tho)

Brainstorming ideas for months on end while we waited for 2.5 and then 2.6 and now... REP's are back! Yippee..

So what now... REP questions over next 2 months and wait.... wait... NOTHING.. NADA.. ZERO...

I'm losing faith in the ability of the Combat Dev team to the point of calling them completely incompetent and the community managers tap dancing ever so slowly it's starting to look like the waltz...

Signed - One pissed off SORC! Love the game, but hate how your balancing of classes takes forever. FIX IT please.

Edited by dscount

I was really hoping this program had died. Eric, why not just compile answers to the many posts around the forums? Engage with the community on class issues in a more organic (AND FREQUENT) way. The class rep idea was OK for what it was, but it took a real turn for the worse with the Sorcerer answers (which have never been supplemented).

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

With the exception of PT dps, tank sin, merc healing plus a slight improvement for veng and concealment, everyone is were they were pre the first round of class reps. So I am kind of missing the purpose of this discussion now. If you are a merc dps or jugg dps, etc... what changed so we start a new discussion?

With the exception of PT dps, tank sin, merc healing plus a slight improvement for veng and concealment, everyone is were they were pre the first round of class reps. So I am kind of missing the purpose of this discussion now. If you are a merc dps or jugg dps, etc... what changed so we start a new discussion?

PT DPS definitley needs a nerf, especially the Assault spec.

You can blame the Nightmare Mode Raiders who complained that Shadowns took 8100 damage from the hit that Guardians and VGs took 8000 damage from, which is completely and utterly unacceptable. ;)

Just like you can blame them for the recent nerf to Orbital Strike. :D

Roll a shadow and raid some real content then tell me there wasn't an issue...

Go home, youre drunk.

Can you please be more specific? What is wrong with what I said? Clearly I cannot put in some of my concerns about PT DPS maturely, can I?

I don't get it. The PvP community needs to stop making talking about class balance like it's taboo and calling other people bad for it. Haven't you maybe thought about that it isn't you (or the other player) "complaining" that is a bad, but maybe that the class/spec does need some nerf(s) in order for the other classes to be on par with it?

Edited by SW-TORtanic

Can you please be more specific? What is wrong with what I said? Clearly I cannot put in some of my concerns about PT DPS maturely, can I?

I don't get it. The PvP community needs to stop making talking about class balance like it's taboo and calling other people bad for it. Haven't you maybe thought about that it isn't you (or the other player) "complaining" that is a bad, but maybe that the class/spec does need some nerf(s) in order for the other classes to be on par with it?

So if you are talking about Assault spec, HtL is 30s cooldown, 6s duration. Use a hard CC on them and you can wipe out the majority of that ability. Even with the defensive cooldowns added in 2.w/e, Assault is still a very squishy spec.

Assault/Pyro does not need a nerf, and neither do Conc/Scrapper players.

Balance in this game is much, much closer than a random person would assume by reading the forums. I think that the majority of people forget than PvP is not in a vacuum and is rarely a straight up 1v1. There are very easy team-oriented counter tactics for everything in this game.

There are classes with higher and lower skill caps, which to the average player make it appear as if one class performs consistently better than another, but when you look at what the top tier of players in each class are capable of (in terms of PvP anyways), it is all relatively close.