Prospects for server merges for BG

stringcat

Think there's any chance we are going to be merged with another server? There are no more west coast RP servers to merge, but BG seems to be one of the lowest population servers now -- other servers apparently have two or more instances of fleet running. I don't think we ever have more than one.

Frankly, I see no reason we couldn't merge with a PVE server. It'd be nice to play against some new people and have more diverse queues rather than drawing the same people again and again, both sides. (Not that I don't love you all.)

Edited by stringcat

I agree with AnitaNC. BioWare should never merge an RP server with a PvE server. Not to say a merger with The Ebon Hawk would be out of the question however. That would just be a matter of eliminating RP servers for eastern U.S. and western U.S. and making one RP server for all of U.S. I'm not sure I would want to go thru another mandatory server merge though.

I specialize in tanking (Hardball, Jano) and healing (Arclight) and I dabble in DPS (Avas). All of those characters are standard Hard Mode ready. Hardball and Jano (tanks) are mostly Columi/Black Hole geared. Arclight (Healer) is Columi/Black Hole geared and Avas (DPS) could use some gear but is OK for standard HMs.

Please keep me in mind for fun later at night, after 8pm PST. I am guildless and bored lol.

If I totally misread what this thread is all about, please disregard everything I posted.

Thank you for your time.

Edit: I now see that I was wayyyy off-base. I will make a thread for my issue.

Edited by TheBBP

Think there's any chance we are going to be merged with another server?

Nope, they said they won't merge different types of servers nor different timezones.

I agree that they shouldn't merge PvE with RP, but I do not understand why they don't merge all east & west coast RP-PvE servers into one, like they did with the RP-PVP. What's the harm in that?!? They angered ALOT of people with their name changes, they might as well go all the way then and anger some more people.

If you have put up with all the stuff Bioware threw at you the past couple of months, you will put up with an extra name change too. I had to: even though I never had to change servers, they STILL forced me to change my name.

And they got indeed too many RP servers at the moment 7 is simply too much. Maybe that will change when all the f2ps come in, but it remains to be seen how many of those will actually play the game, let alone level to 50.

That being said, Berenger is still one of the most populated servers. Believe it or not.

Edited by Yogol

I think that the problem with merging East & West servers is that of timezones. Many people choose a server based on where they live, in the hopes of finding more people to play with. Now, I live on the East Coast and wound up on Begeren Colony for some reason (can't remember why!). I know that the server is MUCH more populated later in the evening - and not so much at 7PM EST when I login.

I sort of think I'd pay to transfer to Ebon Hawk because it does seem to be more populated and is on the East Coast - but on the other hand, I really like the community on Begeren Colony. Maybe when F2P hits we will get an influx of West Coast RPers and all will be well. :)

Having all the RPers on one server would be the best regarless of timezones. I'm a ESTer and I play on BC. I've actually found that even signing on later in the afternoon or evening, I have lots of chances for RP. I've actually had to excuse myself out of some of it just to get some leveling done XD

It's not. Shadowlands had 50 instances of Denova last night and three instances of fleet.

We never have more than one instance of fleet -- ever-- and I think we had what, five instances of Denova?

Agreed. I did a few head counts before, and when we had "heavy", that same number of people on a different server was their "light".

This is an except from a different thread, counting population:

The average LIGHT destination server has 649 concurrent logins (range is 224-1056)

The average STANDARD destination server has 1,419 concurrent logins (range is 660-2756)

The average HEAVY destination server has 2,198 concurrent logins (range is 930-3604)

The average VERY HEAVY destination server has 2735 concurrent logins (range is 1526 - 3394)

The average FULL destination server has 3,638 concurrent logins (range is 3,166-3810)

The range is what is important here, BC creates the lows. So when we have 930 people, we are listed as "heavy", and someone else has "light". with those same 930 people.