Sick of seeing credit farmers?

Henu

Here is a neat fun thing to do. If you see a low lvl on a planet like Ilum just sitting at a crete afk farming it, agro a bunch imps or rebs and walk over to the farmer and watch them die.

I have reported many on my server already, and i really get sick of seeing them at almost every save create spot.

Ive notice one guy a 34 trooper in one spot for the past 48 hours, now you work out an average for the create he opens at 4k credits, he makes 864k+ a day and thats not including the credits he makes more selling the loot.

So here is a simple fix. Put an elite at every create spot, make people work for it.

Would also be nice to have the crate and mob linked. So, when you attack the mob, the crate is yours. (Well unless you die...)

Would keep folks from swooping in while you are fighting and snag your crate out from under you. Course if it's in a PvP area, you have the option of killing (or trying to at least) the 'thief'.

Edited by TanaKae
Adding Text

Here is a neat fun thing to do. If you see a low lvl on a planet like Ilum just sitting at a crete afk farming it, agro a bunch imps or rebs and walk over to the farmer and watch them die.

I have reported many on my server already, and i really get sick of seeing them at almost every save create spot.

Ive notice one guy a 34 trooper in one spot for the past 48 hours, now you work out an average for the create he opens at 4k credits, he makes 864k+ a day and thats not including the credits he makes more selling the loot.

So here is a simple fix. Put an elite at every create spot, make people work for it.

Hmmmm....does this work? Would the opposing faction mobs attack them even after killing the original character that aggrod them?

Well I suppose if someone was out exploring and "accidentally" trained the mobsa to a chest area.....that would just be a shame.........buahahahahahah

Exactly, not our fault they are too low level for the world. :p

Do you also report legitimate players who need money for a mount so they go there to get the money?

I know I wouldnt. However, when I see the guy immediately sit after looting the chest, then stay standing, then sitting on the next one. No movement, no response to whispers, or /say ....then you betcha I reported him. Worst part is, he is a part of Ilum where he/she is not flagged.

My suggestion is Ilum needs to be level gated.

I remember as a low level guy, I fought the encampment on a solo quest. While doing this a creep came and headed straight for the white crate and opened it.

I was a bit miffed.

Later I realized these crates generally give out loot that is 1-2 levels below your current gear. I think I should be more miffed about that?

Do you also report legitimate players who need money for a mount so they go there to get the money?

Not at all, but you know who is afk farming and who is roaming a round trying to find the creates.

There is 1 person on my server been in the same spot for over 48 hours, tell me thats not odd behavior .

I have an idea, how about just playing your game and not worrying about what everybody else is doing? That's Bioware's job.

BW cant be everywhere, it taks us people to report such things to them.

Makes me wonder how many of their employees actually have played mmorpgs. Most intelligent gamers know just what people are going to take advantage of if it's not regulated in some way. This only takes one person to point out, but how many overlooked it in its creation?

BW cant be everywhere, it taks us people to report such things to them.

Why report that? He isn't doing anything against code of conduct or cheating or exploiting a broken mechanic, he's using the game that's there. Pretty smart if you ask me, wish I would have thought of it.

Not at all, but you know who is afk farming and who is roaming a round trying to find the creates.

There is 1 person on my server been in the same spot for over 48 hours, tell me thats not odd behavior .

I'd think it would be odd that you're logged in and watching that other player for 48 hours... :eek:

I know the location of quite a few chests which are guarded by elite mobs that my agent can stun. Shall I be reported because I want to do nothing but loot a chest for 8 hours? :D

/report the player and their x,y,z location and be done with it. Let Bioware make the decision. :)

I'd think it would be odd that you're logged in and watching that other player for 48 hours... :eek:

I know the location of quite a few chests which are guarded by elite mobs that my agent can stun. Shall I be reported because I want to do nothing but loot a chest for 8 hours? :D

/report the player and their x,y,z location and be done with it. Let Bioware make the decision. :)

Exactly, I sat in my ship today all day and crafted and sent out companions report me to.

Instead of crying like a baby why dont you go and farm that spot yourself ?

You all realize that the OP's suggested "simple fix" is to grief players. Which means the OP should get reported as well?

Reporting is one thing. Training enemies onto them to kill them?

Let Bioware handle the policing of the game, especially in terms of "farmers."

Vigilante justice doesn't work in virtual worlds.

Edited by SnoggyMack