Blackhole changes

Really? You're going to make the MOBS respawn every 8 seconds, but the quest objectives (boxes, leaks, trapped engineers) still are on a 60 second timer?

What in the world?

The mob spawns didn't need to be buffed. THE OBJECTIVE SPAWNS DID.

I know, people are *****, so they'll destroy a box your next too or in a fight with a mob with. Were they not suppose to cap the Blackhole instances to 30, thus making more instanced versions of em? Today there was 50 in the one I was in.

JJ

I know, people are *****, so they'll destroy a box your next too or in a fight with a mob with. Were they not suppose to cap the Blackhole instances to 30, thus making more instanced versions of em? Today there was 50 in the one I was in.

JJ

56 in my current instance, 14 people running around the drall warehouse in 3 groups of four, waiting for engineers to refresh while killing the instantly-respawning mobs. Good job, Bioware.

JJ

I had 82 the other day. Dailies have been absolutely miserable since the server transfers. Completely waste my play time and gets me aggravated. I miss being able to go to Corellia, do the dailies in 15 minutes and then go do hard modes or ops. Now I just fight with morons who don't seem to care that you are fighting mobs to get to the quest objective behind them.

Edit: Where did you see the information regarding mobs now being on an 8 second timer? I do not see anything regarding this. The only thing the patch notes say are "Implemented optimizations that improve performance in the Black Hole area on Corellia for many players." Could you post a link please?

Edited by mphill

JJ

If you PUBS are guilty of this shame on you!!!!!!!!! Even more so if you are PUB playing Jedi...... Now, if Sith are doing this ganking of the objective, thumbs up!!! :D

Really? You're going to make the MOBS respawn every 8 seconds, but the quest objectives (boxes, leaks, trapped engineers) still are on a 60 second timer?

What in the world?

Makes it easier for objectives ninjas I suppose.

Really makes ya wonder whats going on back there don't it though.

Ironic part is it's usually pub Jedi with the title "Honorable" ...

I see the same thing, the usual Ninja on the republic side tend to have " honourable" or still have the very first title ever earned in game....and they stop and watch you fighting constantly >.<

I see the same thing, the usual Ninja on the republic side tend to have " honourable" or still have the very first title ever earned in game....and they stop and watch you fighting constantly >.<

Seems like I need to change my honorable title.... jk

But seriously, I agree with the OP that changing respawn timer on mobs does not fix the issue of the BH area being sooo tiny with 50+ people all doing the same exact quests...

The worst I have seen are the ninja's with the Drall engineers.

You kill your way into the Drall engineer cages to see they are all ready opened. So we camp the area. Along comes a non guild person, with honorable title, dragging the newly re-spawned mobs into the mob we just started killing.

So we get all the aggro from the dragged mob while the ninja gets the objectives and exits hastily.

This has happened many times.

It's really starting to be a joke because you now have to have a group of four to do most of the objectives.

The tank AOE taunt. The two dps go get the objectives asap while the healer heals the tank.

So thanks BW for yet another "Working as Intended" reply closed tickets regarding this issue.

Agree with OP

raise the quest objective timers (the spouts in the radiation area specifically but crates and holding cells could use a faster respawn as well) OR make the mobs harder to promote grouping.

Right now I dont want to group for the dailies other then the heroic ones because easy mode when solo means I fall asleep when grouped for same content!

Ensuring more instances for Black Hole is the logically answer though, but not at 30, at 20.

20 people in Black Hole stresses out the zone zone as it is.

A new instance should be made every 20 people and there should ALWAYS be 2-3 instances available at all times.

Its not a hard fix so no idea why EA refuses to do it.

JJ

You can destroy boxes while in combat, so why isn't that the first thing you do instead of killing the mobs? Run to box, mobs agro, blow up box, blow up mobs.

The A-holes (and i agree that they are) probably think you aren't on that stage yet so they are popping your box when you don't do it right away.

Also, there were 30 something people in the Black Hole last night so I double checked and there was an instance 2, which I ported to and was in with 2 other people. Check your map to see how many instances are up and go over. One may be available while the first is still filling (so it doesn't automatically send people to the other when they zone in.)

Edited by DiLune

JJ

Why would you kill the mobs before hitting the box?

they probably assume your not on that stage of quest yet.

Your basically asking why he hasnt changed his play to accomipate the ***es

I know it took me forever to start destroying boxes and opening cells before I cleared out the mobs because I dont think like a ninja looter/stealer.

To me it was obvious, im clearing these mobs so I can get at the goodies

Wasnt till 4 weeks ago Id finally had enough of stupid child play habits and dumbed myself down to their level and grabbing stuff before I killed mobs (if I could, thank god they changed rule set so I can now grab resource and chest while fighting as well).

But honestly thats not a good thing

Everyone playing by the childish *** hole rule set doesnt make a better game.

Forcing the kiddies to play by the common decency and respect rule set would be much better!

So he probably didnt grab the stuff before killing the mobs because hes not playing by the child rule set and hadnt adjusted to the times!

Your question is like saying, "hey your doing the speed limit and using your signal lights. No one else is and they all doing 50 over speed limit. You should conform to the stupid/idiotic driving styles rather then continue to drive as per the laws and regulations".

Sorry but conforming to the lowest common denominator rather then hhoping the others are asked to step up to a moderate level of respect and decency isnt a good policy in my book and says ALOT of whats wrong with todays gamers".

Oh and Darka, I hear you but I can say happily that I ALWAYS wait my turn and help those ahead of me once they have established the mob is theirs. To do other wise would be to accept the dumbed down behavior of todays players.

Other day on Ilum was a good 30-40 minute arguement (really just 3 people trying to justify what they said). What did they say you ask?

"All players that dont group up for the dailies are ***es and deserve to have all items and mobs ninjad and kill stolen by those of us playing the game the right way and grouping."

And for the next 30-40 minutes they went on and on defending what they had said as the new acceptable way to play these games.

Edited by Kalfear

To the above poster- there are 3 stages, and 2 separate quests for those mobs (on empire side). You first need to kill those mobs to open up the stage where you have to kill those mobs again to get to the boxes. Simple logic dictates that not everyone killing mobs is on stage 2 of the area quest. This is why people just nail the boxes whether or not someone is near them. You basically have a 1/3 chance of taking someone else's objective.

Apparently using this logic (assuming someone isn't on the stage) gets you labeled as an "Objective Stealer" and will make it hard for you to find a group for the H4. I've made this mistake twice, and been labeled both times as an objective stealer. The most common solution to this pointed out to me is to find a group, or if you see someone fighting a mob next to a box, invite them before you blow it up.

However I do agree there needs to be something done about the zone now that the servers have been repopulated. Either make more instances and restrict the amount of people per instance, or increase the amount of objectives available. It wouldn't be too difficult to drop a few more objective's into the zone, or even halve the amount of objectives needed.

Edited by whyzerman

Apparently using this logic (assuming someone isn't on the stage) gets you labeled as an "Objective Stealer" and will make it hard for you to find a group for the H4. I've made this mistake twice, and been labeled both times as an objective stealer. The most common solution to this pointed out to me is to find a group, or if you see someone fighting a mob next to a box, invite them before you blow it up.

However I do agree there needs to be something done about the zone now that the servers have been repopulated.

or wait to see if they do need the item

OR ASK!

*shocked look*

or wait to see if they do need the item

OR ASK!

*shocked look*

My goal when I am doing dailies is to get them done as quickly as possible. I don't stand and fight mobs, I hit the box, aggro the mob, and run to the next box - letting them reset. If someone is fighting the mob, even better, cause I can just hit it and run. If I stopped and asked every single person I come across fighting a mob next to a box, it would take me an hour just to complete stage 2 of the quest.

By your logic, it is more appropriate for someone to take 30 seconds to ask every person he comes across if they are on that stage of the quest then it is for someone on that stage of the quest to take 1 second to hit the box they are fighting mobs next too.

Edited by whyzerman

What in the world?

Normally I can find a reason to defend bioware's actions but they really did miss the point here. It's not the mobs, it's the objective objects. Their spawns are entirely too long. I think the engineers are upwards of 3-4 minutes. That's ridiculous.

I've put more people on my /ignore list because of the BH area then for /1 chat on fleet. When people can no longer get healers or tanks in their /LFG you'll see the forums light up with "We Need X-Server LFG"

I can't correct ****** behavior, but I don't ever have to group with them either.

edit: I've even found some in this thread.. common decency is a thing of the past.. /sigh

Edited by Tahana