when is the saber throw color glitch being fixed?(protest)

watermelonfan

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been waiting for over 2 freaking months. That is very patient. What is the defination of patient to you?

My personal definition of patience is irrelevant to this discussion. But the fact you keep going on about this tells me that even small annoyances if not fixed immediately really do annoy you. To be fair, I agree it is a glitch that has gone unfixed for quite sometime and I do sympathize with your frustration. It is perhaps the way you see going about it that is is perhaps flawed.

Edited by theUndead

In point of fact, this bug was brought up on the PTS before the patch that broke it went live.

While, in general, I tend to also preach patience... it's hard to ignore the fact that a signature move negates the color crystal you are using. And, it's hard to square that with the fact that EA has made it a game of "Give me lots of your real money to look the way you want."

Not remotely game breaking... but, still pathetic that the bug exists at all.

You have a point. And as I said I agree that I needs to be fixed but constantly hammering them to fix it now is perhaps not the ideal way to get this done. And I concur as well it is not game breaking at all but an annoyance, certainly.

Yesterday I threw my purple lightsaber and it was red while traveling to the enemy and blue traveling back :p

I threw my cyan lightsaber and it was white while traveling to the enemy and red traveling back.

I attested it to the large amount of blood, though. I did, after all, throw a lightsaber at someone and cut them in half.

thats a bit different. The chances of that being true would be 1 out of billions. As long as what someone says is atleast somewhat reasonable we should assume that person is telling the truth, since we have nothing else to go by.

So the innocent until proven guilty approach only works, as long as it benefits your agenda? Good to know but then again, I'm fairly sure most of us had already noticed. Also...

I would like the color to be fixed indeed, and while they're at it, finally fix the hyper space jump crash on several flashpoints as well. Now those are actually gamebreaking and have been around WAY longer then they should. :p

Yep.

So the innocent until proven guilty approach only works, as long as it benefits your agenda? Good to know but then again, I'm fairly sure most of us had already noticed. Also...

Yep.

NO. My agneda has nothing to do with this approach working. I said it works as long as what your saying is reasonable. I'm starting to think your purposely misunderstanding my comments just for fun. But no matter. The comments I get the more pages it is. The more pages, the more likely it is for a developer to respond to this thread. If they were to respond, it would show that they are not ignoring us. SInce they are not responding its safe to assume they haven't read this.

NO. My agneda has nothing to do with this approach working. I said it works as long as what your saying is reasonable. I'm starting to think your purposely misunderstanding my comments just for fun. But no matter. The comments I get the more pages it is. The more pages, the more likely it is for a developer to respond to this thread. If they were to respond, it would show that they are not ignoring us. SInce they are not responding its safe to assume they haven't read this.

They are obviously ignoring your thread, Mr. Watermelon.

You haven't started stamping your feet yet. I told you to do that on like page 3 and you still haven't started. THAT'S why they aren't paying attention to your thread.

Seriously, flop around and scream--throw a real tantrum, maybe break some dishes. Foam at the mouth. That oughta get you noticed!

There are actual, game-breaking bugs that have been around longer than a year (CTD on Esseles/Black Talon comes to mind). You really are going to have to break a lot of dishes to get them to make this one a priority, so I suggest you get crackin'!

OFF-TOPIC: for the record, I never called you an idiot. In fact, I haven't yet used that word in any posts on this thread (until just now). I didn't call you anything--personal attacks are strictly forbidden.

They are obviously ignoring your thread, Mr. Watermelon.

You haven't started stamping your feet yet. I told you to do that on like page 3 and you still haven't started. THAT'S why they aren't paying attention to your thread.

Seriously, flop around and scream--throw a real tantrum, maybe break some dishes. Foam at the mouth. That oughta get you noticed!

There are actual, game-breaking bugs that have been around longer than a year (CTD on Esseles/Black Talon comes to mind). You really are going to have to break a lot of dishes to get them to make this one a priority, so I suggest you get crackin'!

OFF-TOPIC: for the record, I never called you an idiot. In fact, I haven't yet used that word in any posts on this thread (until just now). I didn't call you anything--personal attacks are strictly forbidden.

I never said you called me an idiot. I said other people did.

Also I don't want to get too nasty. I don't want my account to get temporarily suspended/ Banned. especially with the new life day event/reoccurring Gree event starting tomorrow. How can I stamp my feet on the forums? That's a physically action. my physical actions can't get posted on the forums. I thought you were joking when you said that.

Edited by watermelonfan

They will not and cannot respond to every single bug issue reported. I have reported some in the past with no response.

I do not expect them to respond to my bug report everytime I post something. I post it and leave it at that and wait until the next time they have a patch. I check to see if the bug has been fixed, as it is normally listed in the patch notes, and then I go see if it is fixed.

If not I will post it again and leave it at that. Bugs happen all the time and they will get fixed when they get fixed.

There was a problem months back with HK which reset your mission if you were on it back to the beginning. My boyfriend and I were working on it and it reset ours back to the beginning. I reported the problem and bioware fixed it for both of us . I was polite and not demanding.

There are things they can fixed something easier and there are times it takes awhile. We have no idea what is causing a bug and they have to find out.

People chosing to leave becuase of an unfixed glitch is a fact becuase it is easily proven. An opinion is an answer that can't be right or wrong. With those being the definitions, I don't see how you can call it an opinion.

This is hilarious because if people actually unsub, there is no way that you, personally, can prove it. Prove that people are unsubbing because of this. And no, a post on a message board is not proof--that's called hearsay. Go ahead, prove it! It's a fact, after all, right? So you must have some way of proving it, right?

I can't believe this thread is still going on. Whine some more! I'm sure if you just whine loud enough and long enough (and don't forget to stomp your wee feetsies--you haven't done that yet!), Bioware is bound to listen to you and pander to your every need. That's how it works with mommy and daddy, right (actually, if I were Bioware and reading this thread I'd put this bug at the absolute bottom of the list)?

Ahh, the joys of interacting with children. Watermelonfan, you affirm my decision not to breed. Thank you for that!

This is hilarious because if people actually unsub, there is no way that you, personally, can prove it. Prove that people are unsubbing because of this. And no, a post on a message board is not proof--that's called hearsay. Go ahead, prove it! It's a fact, after all, right? So you must have some way of proving it, right?

I can't believe this thread is still going on. Whine some more! I'm sure if you just whine loud enough and long enough (and don't forget to stomp your wee feetsies--you haven't done that yet!), Bioware is bound to listen to you and pander to your every need. That's how it works with mommy and daddy, right (actually, if I were Bioware and reading this thread I'd put this bug at the absolute bottom of the list)?

Ahh, the joys of interacting with children. Watermelonfan, you affirm my decision not to breed. Thank you for that!

Atleast you can see by the comments that I am not the only one annoyed by this glitch. And of course I'm going to keep complaining. Bioware is completely ignoring this thread. I'm going to keep complaining until it is fixed because this glitch is terrible. I'm a fighter. I don't give up easily. Insead of people like you trying to shut me up, I should be awarded a medal for fighting for what this game truly deserves. This glitch effects cartel market color crystals too, as I have mention before. People pay real money for that stuff. They should stay the color as advertised.

Atleast you can see by the comments that I am not the only one annoyed by this glitch. And of course I'm going to keep complaining. Bioware is completely ignoring this thread. I'm going to keep complaining until it is fixed because this glitch is terrible. I'm a fighter. I don't give up easily. Insead of people like you trying to shut me up, I should be awarded a medal for fighting for what this game truly deserves. This glitch effects cartel market color crystals too, as I have mention before. People pay real money for that stuff. They should stay the color as advertised.

would love to have them come in and state the color change is an expected feature and working as expected then see what this thread turns into.

Man just stop. You are not a champion of anything and you see not fighting some righteous cause. We have for the most part understood your frustration, but the reason bioware is ignoring you is because you won't let it go. You won't let them do their jobs but instead make demands. Another thing, don't pressume to think you are what the game deserves because you are not, not even close. So I say again, try to learn some patience. It will be fixed in time.

Man just stop. You are not a champion of anything and you see not fighting some righteous cause. We have for the most part understood your frustration, but the reason bioware is ignoring you is because you won't let it go. You won't let them do their jobs but instead make demands. Another thing, don't pressume to think you are what the game deserves because you are not, not even close. So I say again, try to learn some patience. It will be fixed in time.

Its now been over 3 months. That is plenty patient. I would like severe glitches like this one to be fixed in a timely manner. I think that is reasonable for me to expect. This glitch shouldn't have lasted anymore than 3 weeks. 3 months is not a fair amount of time to wait for a glitch like this to be fixed. especially since they have been fixing lots of stuff that's not nearly as important as this one. For example, they have been fixing typos for specific scenes that you only see once. A lightsaber changing random colors when thrown every single time is far worst than typos. So as you can see their judgement of priorities are very poor. So, With this being the case, I think I am perfectly justified to demand and get very angry. So I think I am handling this fairly well.

Its now been over 3 months. That is plenty patient. I would like severe glitches like this one to be fixed in a timely manner. I think that is reasonable for me to expect. This glitch shouldn't have lasted anymore than 3 weeks. 3 months is not a fair amount of time to wait for a glitch like this to be fixed. especially since they have been fixing lots of stuff that's not nearly as important as this one. For example, they have been fixing typos for specific scenes that you only see once. A lightsaber changing random colors when thrown every single time is far worst than typos. So as you can see their judgement of priorities are very poor. So, With this being the case, I think I am perfectly justified to demand and get very angry. So I think I am handling this fairly well.

You are justified to feel upset yes but you are not justified to demand anything. As the game certainly doesn't revolve around you.

Except that most people wouldn't call this a severe glitch.

And fixing typos is much simpler than fixing an animation. The fix priority is probably based on: severity of bug % time and effort in fixing bug. And I'm guessing that this issue is somewhere in their priorities for 2015 or 2016. So it will be fixed 3 years after the fact. And I don't have a problem with that - I like my amazing Technicolour Saber Throw!:cool:

But where's the proof that people are leaving cuz of this unfixed glitch that you say can be easily obtained? That's all Fidelicatessen is asking of you since your bold claim about how easy it is to factually show people leaving because of an unfixed glitch.

If they even fix this issue, you will have to wait at least a year before it is fixed.... It took them about a year before they managed to fix the big butt issue on robes. I just don't get how very visual bugs like this gets past testing, they must have the worst QA team ever.

BOY!!! :mad:

Back in my day we had huge butts in our robes and everytime someone healed you you got STUCK GREEN!

Thats right you were transformed into a glowing green person didnt matter who you were it just happened and this happened until you logged off. Not only that but speeders cost 50k and 40k just for the skill

YOU whippersnappers know nothing!!!

i am waiting patiently for this bug fix i hope one day this does get a quick fix in a patch

please don't forget about this like the body type 2 male inquisitor hood clipping with saber marshals robe that has been around since like 1.2 :eek:..... the diabolist robe shares the same model type with the saber marshal robe! not sure how it affects other genders/ classes/body types

loyal sub since day 1 i wont rage quit over any of this but it is annoying :]

have a nice day!

pst... btw......... HK47 SKIN FOR HK51!

<3

If they even fix this issue, you will have to wait at least a year before it is fixed.... It took them about a year before they managed to fix the big butt issue on robes. I just don't get how very visual bugs like this gets past testing, they must have the worst QA team ever.

More like no QA team

(I'm only half joking. It really feels like they just drop the crap on the PTS and say "HAVE FUN QA TESTING FOR US FOR FREE LOL")

Good luck OP, getting them to fix cosmetic glitches is like pulling teeth. Nevermind the fact that fixing them contributes greatly to the feel of the game and gives it polish. We don't need any stinkin' polish in SWTOR, it seems :|

Egregious cosmetic glitches should not still be around in a game that has had 2 years to mature, imho.

Edited by Beslley