Open question about item level and augments in PVP

Shinzzun

So wanted to finally get a qualified answer to this.

Some people say/write that you only need ilevel 306 and bonuses and perfect amps for Ranked PVP (and HM Ops) as you her boosted to max ilevel in normal warzone (and SM Ops) anyway, and also that Augments are ignored in normal warzone and so totally superficial.

Others claim you get a huuuuuuughe boost from using augments and ilevel 306 gear in normal Warzones and you can play at all without.

Since the forums are full of contradicting posts I would appreciate to hear what is actually what from some pro players

Thank You in advance.

Some people say/write that you only need ilevel 306 and bonuses and perfect amps for Ranked PVP (and HM Ops) as you her boosted to max ilevel in normal warzone (and SM Ops) anyway, and also that Augments are ignored in normal warzone and so totally superficial.

Others claim you get a huuuuuuughe boost from using augments and ilevel 306 gear in normal Warzones and you can play at all without.

Since the forums are full of contradicting posts I would appreciate to hear what is actually what from some pro players

Thank You in advance.

I'm like 90% sure you are bolstered to the best mastery augments. The bolster for ranked and unranked is identical. So while crit is better than mastery up until a certain point, you're not losing much by having no augments on. Amps give you up to a 10% increase in dps.

By far the most important thing is to have a good set bonus and tactical.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

If you don’t augment, bolster is set to give you a “default” Mastery augment in that slot. So putting one of those in the slot yourself is a waste of credits,

But, say you want extra Crit as an example, putting in a Crit augment, even a 228 Crit augment can give you a big benefit in pvp.

You also touched on operations. Every OP and flash points besides the new OP and flash point, cap you master, power and endurance stats at lvl 70 or lower. That means any extra you may have when playing lvl 75 content will not be available. So once again, having augments dedicated to those stats is a waste of credits and won’t help.

But it doesn’t cap secondary stats like Crit, so it’s better to stack secondary stats like Crit or alacrity or accuracy etc if you want to augment. You will definitely get a benefit from those.

Basically mastery / power augments are mostly worthless on most content these days. But secondary stat augments are still good.

Anyway, I hope that helps.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Thank You in advance.

It really depends on the class you are playing.

Augments become more viable depending on what kind of alacrity GCD you need.

Running .3 which I believe sits around 3206, you'll be hard pushed to allocate such a high number AND maintain a good critical rating, without the new augments.

For most mDPS classes that run 1213 approx for GCD .1, you don't have that problem, and can make your critical and alacrity hit bench without the use of any augments at all, leaving most people free to augment extra Mastery, which I can confirm currently doesn't do much for PvP.

So to conclude it honestly depends on what class and build you use, if augments are relevant or not.

Which probably explains why you couldn't find the answer here as it varies dependant on your situation.