Karagga's Trash Mobs

Not only CC them.

You have to do this simultaneously for all technicians, otherwise they will get get liberated.

The way we do it:

Our Assassin-tank CCs one of them, someone else CCs the second one.

In G4-B3's room we have the Assassin CC the one on the left console, then have one DD with insta-cast-CC and one with cast-time-CC so you can time the CCs nicely.

Another suggestion for the puzzle-boss room is to have your OT taunt a chunk of the murder droids that are up at the time and jump off the ledge to kite them. Also using pushes off the edge will keep them out of combat for a decent amount of time, it will clean up mobs and help your group get settled. Edited by DifferentShiz

Yeah, we try to CC the healer technicians but they always break out of it when combat starts.

Sounds like someone is doing AOE's that shouldn't be,

or you have someone that doesn't have the full CC.

For Example, if a shadow does a force lift. It doesn't last a minute like the sage. I assume that the imperial class is pretty much the same. It last only a couple of seconds.

So you need to make sure that classes doing the CC are the correct ones.

Additionally, the technicians if I remember will heal the droids, so those you have to lift them first, and kill the droids quickly so technicians can't heal them.

Be aware of AOE's too, that can bring in surrounding enemies in the area.

Edited by ShelvanUberwan

Sounds like someone is doing AOE's that shouldn't be,

or you have someone that doesn't have the full CC.

For Example, if a shadow does a force lift. It doesn't last a minute like the sage. I assume that the imperial class is pretty much the same. It last only a couple of seconds.

So you need to make sure that classes doing the CC are the correct ones.

Additionally, the technicians if I remember will heal the droids, so those you have to lift them first, and kill the droids quickly so technicians can't heal them.

Be aware of AOE's too, that can bring in surrounding enemies in the area.

I think what he's experiencing is when the technicians dispell CC effects on their friends. You have to simultaneously hit all technicians with CC. If even one is not CC'd, he will dispell all of his friends.

The surest way to deal with this is to use mind snap and tranq/sleep dart on all but one technician. Since these spells do not start combat, the remaining technician will not dispell. Then have someone force lift or concussive round the 3rd technician and pull the Hunter-creeper.

For the trash in the room with the boss, Line of site them back into the room you get off the elevator in. They come one by one and you can kill them quickly. After that you just cc the 2 technicians at the same time.

If your guild is having trouble with getting the CC's off you can always just assign a person to each tech and have them focus on interrupting the heal, after the first is interrupted the creeper should be dead. Also be sure your dps is stepping up to it's full potential and not holding back just because it's trash pulls.

The humanoids dispel CC effects so you need at least 2 CC that can be done without starting combat (the third one starts the combat but would CC the last mob that can break it). If you simply just have two guys cast Whirlwind or whatever that will usually fail because they almost certainly wouldn't land at the exact same time and the mob you CC first will have the CC broken by the mob that got CCed later.

I find that if you don't have the right number of stealth CCs, it's best to simply DPS down all the humanoids first, use AE KBs on Murder Droids, and that way even if you wipe at least next time there are no humanoids up. You pretty much have no chance at killing the droids if any humans are up since they've some ridiculous heal they use on droids. Alternatively you might be able to just keep killing Murder Droids since those guys run out, and they've a stacking buff from the number of Murder Droids around and that's what wipes you. Either way, the trash packs at Kragga seem to be way harder than they need to be. The turrets before Kragga hits the tank harder than any boss I've seen. You're not really in danger of wiping to them but it's pretty crazy to see a tank go down in 5 seconds to a turret.

Edited by Astarica

In the fabricator boss room, we just nuke the three technicians asap on hardmode.

They drop pretty quickly if your DPS is focused. The summoner will usually summon 4-5 hunter droids in that period. Have your main tank pick them up and kite them round. The hunter droids dont seem to be able to jump up the ledge at the back of the room so main tank can just taunt, jump up, wait 15 seconds for them to get there, jump down again, wait again etc.

Biggest threat from hunter droids is not their damage, its when they blow up. Just have your raid move away when they put a red shield on themselves.

Basically tho, just kite the murder droids. It makes the pull extremely easy.

I think what he's experiencing is when the technicians dispell CC effects on their friends. You have to simultaneously hit all technicians with CC. If even one is not CC'd, he will dispell all of his friends.

The surest way to deal with this is to use mind snap and tranq/sleep dart on all but one technician. Since these spells do not start combat, the remaining technician will not dispell. Then have someone force lift or concussive round the 3rd technician and pull the Hunter-creeper.

Or...just use sleep/tranq on all technicians, then have the RL give a countdown and everyone does their biggest burst damage on the droid....there's no reason to start combat with a cc. Though that does require at least 3 assassins or operatives.

Also, the pulls that just have the hunter droid, he doesn't need to be tanked & does no damage. All the hunter droid does is just summon murder droids...so, if you can sleep everything else, you can have your entire raid (including healers) all beating on the droid, if you can't kill him before he summons a murder droid with 8/16 people all bursting him down, then I feel sorry for you (I'm just guessing on the 16 part though, I've never done 16 man KP hm or nightmare...but 8 man the droid should just fall over).

Oh, I also recommend having a stealth person in front of the group for that part of the raid...there's a few places where just walking through a door, or off of an elevator can start combat.

Edited by Veriu

Okay, I'm just wondering it there's a good way of handling these, we can make it through EV Hard and Karagga's actual bosses without wiping once, but we always wipe on the KP trash, its really getting annoying.

Just focus the technicians first, it always works for us.

Yeah, we try to CC the healer technicians but they always break out of it when combat starts.

You have to make sure that you cc all of them, otherwise they will clear each other of cc. Just having one out of cc means that all of them will be out of cc. In the room where there are 3 of them, the assassin and I (op healer) CC two from stealth, then a sorc or someone cc's the 3rd one and everyone immediately jumps on the hunter creeper droid.

If someone breaks their cc with aoe, everyone has to immediately jump on the same technician and start burning them down quickly one by one. Make sure everyone is focusing the same target so they drop fast. You need to do it quickly b/c the hunter creeper droid is going to be summoning murder droids, which means more and more raid damage. Or you can run back until they reset and try again with less cc breaking.

So, to sum up: If you have enough CC for it, CC the humans and burn the hunter creeper droid. If you don't have enough CC, burn the humans down one by one very quickly and then burn the hunter creeper droid.

Edited by belialle

You guys are all making it a lot harder than it needs to be. Like i said on the last page, Line of Sight them back into the Room where you get off the Elevator, the technicians come in one by one, and the Hunter Droid waits out by the boss, 0 Murder Droids spawn when you do it this way so you don't even have to deal with them. Edited by yzzArc

You guys are all making it a lot harder than it needs to be. Like i said on the last page, Line of Sight them back into the Room where you get off the Elevator, the technicians come in one by one, and the Hunter Droid waits out by the boss, 0 Murder Droids spawn when you do it this way so you don't even have to deal with them.

how is that easier than having 3 people (any combination of operatives & assassins) cc the technicians, and then having everyone kill the droid?

In the fabricator room my guild just nukes the three technician dudes really fast.

At the minimum, we nuke the two closest to the droid. Once they're dead usually one or two people run to kill the last one while everyone else DPS's the droid to stop the Murders from spawning.

It just takes a little while to get used to and finding a good strategy for your raid composition.