Deception Assassin / Shadow changes 6.1.1

TrixxieTriss

If you guys thought Deception Sins were OP before, you’re going to love these changes :eek:

Assassin / Shadow changes.

The Death Knell Set Bonus has changed:

4 piece: The cooldown of Recklessness / Force Potency is reduced by 15 seconds. Whenever you activate Recklessness / Force Potency you gain Reckless Critical, making your next Maul / Shadow Strike or Leeching Strike / Serenity Strike critically hit

Deception / Infiltration

Crackling Blasts / Deep Impact critical damage bonus increased from 5% to 20%

Dominating Slashes / Prevailing Strikes now increases the damage of Voltaic Slash and Reaping Strike by 20%

Surging Charge / Shadow Technique does an additional 30% damage

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finnaly they will nerf it. As for ranked its too late since the sin players are already where they want to be and will just wait it out. It makes it now harder for other sins to climb the ladder, but its still good they made the change.

I still don’t think they will lose their OPness with this change.

Oh they absolutely will. The many vanishes and the offguard will still carry many games but without the maul autocrit spam their opener will be a lot less dangerous, therefore you have a lot more time for counterplay and their ability to finish chase targets like maras or sniper/sorc after phasewalk is a lot less effective.

I say „a lot“ a lot...

Oh they absolutely will. The many vanishes and the offguard will still carry many games but without the maul autocrit spam their opener will be a lot less dangerous, therefore you have a lot more time for counterplay and their ability to finish chase targets like maras or sniper/sorc after phasewalk is a lot less effective.

I say „a lot“ a lot...

Never played sin but i hope this sinocalyps will end and these new passive buffs won't make it stronger considering set bonus nerf

Finnaly they will nerf it. As for ranked its too late since the sin players are already where they want to be and will just wait it out. It makes it now harder for other sins to climb the ladder, but its still good they made the change.

There are only 5 sins with 200 or more wins. The rest will all have to keep playing if they want top 3.

I say „a lot“ a lot...

Correct. Sins will still be good. They'll almost certainly still be in the top 3 classes for solos, because concealment and lightning are also getting nerfed. But this is exactly the kind of nerf they needed for the reasons you stated.

And second part of set is also removed? Or it remains as it was

The 6 piece part of death knell is staying the same.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

I really hope you’re right trixxie, however it seems like they’re neutering us again. I really don’t understand how the term “glass cannon” is so hard to comprehend. High burst/ low survivability, not medium burst and decent sustained if you can stay alive long enough. We’ll see how it plays out.

I really hope you’re right trixxie, however it seems like they’re neutering us again. I really don’t understand how the term “glass cannon” is so hard to comprehend. High burst/ low survivability, not medium burst and decent sustained if you can stay alive long enough. We’ll see how it plays out.

Sins are not glass cannons at all. They have excellent survivability thanks to double cloak heal to fulls (and being able to choose when to attack from stealth each time they decide to engage) and being able to swap to life warden whenever they want to.

That survivability is unchanged. Now they just can't maul spam someone three times for 70% of their hp.

5.0 Vanguard was a glass cannon, 6.0 Shadow is not.

Sins are not glass cannons at all. They have excellent survivability thanks to double cloak heal to fulls (and being able to choose when to attack from stealth each time they decide to engage) and being able to swap to life warden whenever they want to.

That survivability is unchanged. Now they just can't maul spam someone three times for 70% of their hp.

Still can do that. I think when people see guaranteed critic gone, they forget that dec gets 5% melee critic chance (which puts you at upper 40% critic chance). So in 3 mauls instead of 2 guaranteed and 1 at 50%, it will be 1 guaranteed (which will be the one with duplicity 20% extra damage) and 2 at 50%. This is not exactly a nerf that changes.. anything. Also, discharge, major part of the burst, got critic damage increased by 15%.

All they took away was your maul spam which was really needed. It opens the door for counter play. Your dcds and utility are untouched by these changes. This is a good change, a sin is still a valuable member to a team even after these changes and now we won't have classes being taken from 100 to 30-40% in one stun.

no more triple autocrit but the buff to surge means that the single autocrit will hit harder than before and maul can still normally crit afterward. with the surge buff, non auto-crit crits post this update will hit for nearly what the autcrit mauls are hitting for now.

no more guaranteed triple crits but much more sustain and technically a higher burst potential (if you get good dice rolls)

This absolutely true, many sin in regor rank just open on you triple maul and vanish and do some rotation here and there and be top dps

in arena this is an nightmare 2 sin open on you, you are toast

I still think the biggest problem sins have had is the ability to swap tactical’s when they stealth out.

IMO, that should have been the first thing on the list to change and I’m at a loss to understand why this hasn’t been addressed.

Because maybe just maybe that is intended and not a mistake like people claim to be?

3 maul spam was dumb and it needed to go. But besides that, sins are really in a good place atm with the tactical swap.

You can either take one or the other. If you take both, it would be the 5,0 glass cannon non-bursty sin tbh. It gained a rightfully buff for pve as well. It should be the highest parsing spec imo because of lack of raid utilities

Now the assassins are absolutely normal stealth class, a good burst at the opening, low damage after. On the arenas, they are the first target for killing, as they have the worst survival rates and are easiest to knock out of invisibility. People play this class only because for the first time in many years this class has become playable, and 3 crit in a row is fun. But this does not mean that it is an OP class. For example, operatives are much more mobile, they can evade almost all incoming damage, they can heal almost like healers, and the most important thing is that the operatives do much more damage in any specialization.

The fact that one player took all the top 3 places of assassins in a fraudulent way does not mean that the assassin is an OP. Just remove the trickster from the leaderboards and you will see that the assassins are pretty average.

yeah, if you think eating 3 x 55-60k crits in 3-4 secs is balanced i don't know what to tell you. Glad this sh** will be nerfed, deception was never meant to be played as maul spam only lol.

I know what to tell you! All good players know how to resist this. All what you need is braker+Def ability. Mauls are white attack so ... l2p

I know what to tell you! All good players know how to resist this. All what you need is braker+Def ability. Mauls are white attack so ... l2p

Last I checked breaker has a 2-3 minute cooldown, spike has a 20 second cooldown, and electrocute has a 45 second cooldown. Whitebar falls off after about 10 seconds too. Seeing the problem yet? Also, if you pre-pop a white damage dcd and then get stunned, you've wasted it because all white damage defense is hard set to zero during a hardstun.

Three 60k hits is actually not that extravagant of a concept, 60k is about what autocrit ambush hits for without the roll tactical, and snipers can get three of them with one of their set bonuses. But can you imagine how much people would be ************ if snipers could cast three ambushes back to back? Same concept. The other problem being that, due to deception's recklessness reset and two cloaks, sins have actually been getting about nine (9) autocrit mauls, which is a little preposterous. This is a good change, not only will it trade some of the spec's ridiculous burst for some sustain (which it is lacking), it being it back to having an actual rotation with more than one button in it. Good sins will still thrive, they'll just play more like maras now.

I still think the biggest problem sins have had is the ability to swap tactical’s when they stealth out.

IMO, that should have been the first thing on the list to change and I’m at a loss to understand why this hasn’t been addressed.

Honestly this. We should NOT be able to swap tacticals outside the spawn, period.

Edit: Forgot the not part, kinda changes the whole message

Edited by Barnonahill

Totally out of whack.

Balancing?

HA!

This class breaks balance at the moment like hell!

With the tacticals, the right set you get three bloody stuns each hit 60-70k due to auto crit.

Brings you down from 280k hp (which is a rough middle for PvP) to 70k hp in 10 secs.

And then?

Thanks for moronic move to give them two cloaks and two stun for one also as tactical.

And if I hear assas whine their damage is only on par w other classes my blood pressure explodes.

They bloody kill you in 10 secs nearly!

Whoever balances this...mess:

NERF THEM 'cause they bloody break EVERY Balance!

A two persons assa team just rips through some lonely guard in 5 secs with endless stuns and auto-crits.

Whoever thinks this is fun:

Grab any other class and see how "motivating" it is getting f**** without being able to do a thing...

Also as for the whining about survivability Stuns PLUS Cloak (potentially 2 times w tactical) AND defense skills (deflection etc)!

A ridiculuos mass of stun.

1) Normal stun on steath attack

2) Electrocute (w perk 10 sec cooldown)

3) Low slash (which has some 10sec cooldown)

Add to that the cloak "sleep" and this class has a mass of stuns which NO other class has!

Even agents/scoundrels have some 30 sec cooldown for their stun attack.

And again bloody assa spam like hell w stuns.

Totally out of whack if you compare other classes stun capability.

Don't talk to me about "glass cannons" there.

Even after buffing the damage the DPS Vanguard/PT are still more glass cannon than any Assa/Shadow....

Edited by ARFett