Being a subscriber really means nothing

gamorrean

anyone else remember the quote used by Bioware when talking about F2P.

"Being a Subscriber is like a all you can eat Buffet*

well, that's not true at all, i honestly do not mind the color crystal or armor in there as you can go to the GTN, but with the barber shop and the rep system for cash only?

well that is just gold farming from EA, with how good this game could have been and with the *SO* Called SSP going AWOL, this is just a cash cow for EA, it's a shame we can not even have one more class chapter each.

just disappointed to what being a subscriber means.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't say I disagree with you. I would be more inclined to continue subscribing if they upped the monthly cartel rewards for subscribers to 1500 or 2000. Since we have to buy rep and buy barber shop items at least let subscribers get enough for 5 packs per month. Thats hardly anything compared to the amount needed to get rep in the system. Either that or keep the coins at 500 and give 5 free packs in the mail each month.

So I'm just going to leave this here... :p

LOL...so true..I can remember the rage on these very forums over ever suggesting this game would go F2P.....Then the doctor's quit,wanted to make wine or something like that. Then All them Dudes got laid off....was bound to happen they said,you can't keep a game staffed all the time. Oh well now that Ritecello or however you spell his name, is gone maybe Hickman can follow him out. We might get closer to making this game work.

anyone else remember the quote used by Bioware when talking about F2P.

"Being a Subscriber is like a all you can eat Buffet*

well, that's not true at all, i honestly do not mind the color crystal or armor in there as you can go to the GTN, but with the barber shop and the rep system for cash only?

well that is just gold farming from EA, with how good this game could have been and with the *SO* Called SSP going AWOL, this is just a cash cow for EA, it's a shame we can not even have one more class chapter each.

just disappointed to what being a subscriber means.

Go F2P for a couple of months.

Then come back post here about your experience

all it really means is unlimited access to group content as well as higher credit cap, vs having to buy unlocks once a week separately. sure you get coin allowance, but you are paying $15 for 500 coins, when you could be not subbing and paying $10 for 1000 coins as needed (or pay more once, and get extra coins).

yes, I'm aware of the other features that are not initially available to f2p - personally, I just spent surplus credits/cartel coins to get them off GTN. most are not sold for that much and can take a few days worth of dailies, tops, to buy.

so yes, unless you indulge in a variety of group content a LOT, its becoming not worth it to subscribe. sadly.

I'm really glad to see more and more players are getting fed up with just about everything costing real cash. Subs shouldn't have to pay for everything they're selling. Or as I had mentioned, give subs a permanent discount on the CM.

A 35% or a bit more discount.

Edited by RikHar

I can't believe how much crying this barbershop issue has caused. But, besides that, if you TRULY believe there is zero benefit to being a subscriber then it should be safe to assume you plan to go/already gone F2P. I mean, only a fool would pay real cash when they can get the same experience for free, right?

As a subscriber, I have payed ZERO money besides my sub. I've used my monthly CC to buy packs, the trade network to get cartel stuff, and buying from people making deals on the station. All in game credits that I got from playing. Now, who want's to bet that you'll eventually be able to buy hairstyles on the trade network?

Nah, I think they're actually right.

It's an all-you-can-eat buffet.

However, did you want a fork? That's cosmetic. I mean, you could eat with your hands so we'll need a buck or two more for that fork.

Oh, did you want a napkin? Yeah, all that face-wiping stuff, that's just cosmetic so we'll need another few bucks. And gods forbid you ask for extra.

Oh, something to drink besides water? That's just "flavor". Another few bucks. Refills? Not free.

I'm really glad to see more and more players are getting fed up with just about everything costing real cash. Subs shouldn't have to pay for everything they're selling. Or as I had mentioned, give subs a permanent discount on the CM.

A 35% or a bit more discount.

Along with the 500 CC a month? Riiiight... keep on toking away, buddy. Will never happen.

Can't say I disagree with you. I would be more inclined to continue subscribing if they upped the monthly cartel rewards for subscribers to 1500 or 2000. Since we have to buy rep and buy barber shop items at least let subscribers get enough for 5 packs per month. Thats hardly anything compared to the amount needed to get rep in the system. Either that or keep the coins at 500 and give 5 free packs in the mail each month.

Totally agree. If they are going to start restricting certain game play elements to packs only then there should be bigger incentives to subscribe in order to participate in those elements. Otherwise what is the point?

I tried F2P because I wanted to know if it my sub was worth it

F2P have to wait some unknown amount of time between posting in chat

The game F2P is pretty much a joke

The problem I see is that everything is a de-incentive for not subbing but no incentive to sub

Rather than decrease stuff for F2P they could have added stuff for subscribers

Double exp and additional access to rare sub only loot for active subscribers

Kinda like having the vendors for people with security key

Now the subscribers are getting milked when they already pay and he F2P get an almost unplayable mmo

I can't believe how much crying this barbershop issue has caused. But, besides that, if you TRULY believe there is zero benefit to being a subscriber then it should be safe to assume you plan to go/already gone F2P. I mean, only a fool would pay real cash when they can get the same experience for free, right?

As a subscriber, I have payed ZERO money besides my sub. I've used my monthly CC to buy packs, the trade network to get cartel stuff, and buying from people making deals on the station. All in game credits that I got from playing. Now, who want's to bet that you'll eventually be able to buy hairstyles on the trade network?

/Agree, on all points.

For me, I simply can't get over the vast amounts of just outright ridiculous complaining and whining that has infested this forum.

It is, quite literally, never ending. And it's baseless and selfish at its core. Half of it is a steady flood of people who seem to expect everything in the game to be given to them, free of charge, simply 'because'.

And, as if to balance that, the other half is a unceasing storm of rage at the bugs and flaws and glitches that still exist and, to their eyes, should have been fixed long ago.

So, combine that and you find a howling mass of posters who want CM stuff for free and yet want the game to be fixed...for free.

They expect the game to work perfectly, to have good customer service, to have regular PVP/PVE updates and new patches...and all of it apparently done without any additional revenue from them.

It's so out there, so mind-boggling, so myopic as to stagger the imagination. These are 'adults', or near-adults and yet they have the expectations and the reactions of children. Scream loud, scream long, until someone acknowledges you and when they do, insult them, demean them and heckle them.

And then they wonder why they stop communicating with the community!

It's completely turned me off to this forum. There are a few sane people here, but the majority act as I've posted above and I'm really done with it. You can't have a discussion on this forum. You just can't. You get shouted down by the anti-EA/BW rabid haters and labeled a 'drone' or a 'fanboy' for not following along with their mindless hatred of anything TOR-related.

So, I'm going to go into lurker mode. Stick to Class forums and other places where the ragers and the children don't gather. It's better to abandon General than let them poison my enjoyment of this game.

How strange, my sub gives me access to all the warzones, ops, flashpoints, quests, events, etc. With the advent of the cash shop I havent been forced to buy anything at all. Maybe it is because I am not a big fluff fan, but I feel absolutely no difference now and before the CM arrived in terms of gameplay.

Why are you complaining about this? Subscribing is worth every single dollar that you pay. You receive access to the game, monthly cartel tokens, and access to pvp! And on top of those three premium benefits, you receive frequent updates packed with lots of content that keeps the game fun and exciting constantly. This thread is clearly a talking point of the vocal minority.

For me, I simply can't get over the vast amounts of just outright ridiculous complaining and whining that has infested this forum.

It is, quite literally, never ending. And it's baseless and selfish at its core. Half of it is a steady flood of people who seem to expect everything in the game to be given to them, free of charge, simply 'because'.

And, as if to balance that, the other half is a unceasing storm of rage at the bugs and flaws and glitches that still exist and, to their eyes, should have been fixed long ago.

So, combine that and you find a howling mass of posters who want CM stuff for free and yet want the game to be fixed...for free.

They expect the game to work perfectly, to have good customer service, to have regular PVP/PVE updates and new patches...and all of it apparently done without any additional revenue from them.

It's so out there, so mind-boggling, so myopic as to stagger the imagination. These are 'adults', or near-adults and yet they have the expectations and the reactions of children. Scream loud, scream long, until someone acknowledges you and when they do, insult them, demean them and heckle them.

And then they wonder why they stop communicating with the community!

It's completely turned me off to this forum. There are a few sane people here, but the majority act as I've posted above and I'm really done with it. You can't have a discussion on this forum. You just can't. You get shouted down by the anti-EA/BW rabid haters and labeled a 'drone' or a 'fanboy' for not following along with their mindless hatred of anything TOR-related.

So, I'm going to go into lurker mode. Stick to Class forums and other places where the ragers and the children don't gather. It's better to abandon General than let them poison my enjoyment of this game.

I agree 100% with everything you just said! I have been in lurker mode for a while now because of this.

As for this topic, it is just another pointless topic flaming the CM, even though there is nothing on the CM that is needed to play the game, it is all just cosmetic and most of it you can get on the GTN!

Going back into lurker mode now before I get shot down for being a fanboy!

The problem I see is that everything is a de-incentive for not subbing but no incentive to sub

Rather than decrease stuff for F2P they could have added stuff for subscribers

If you look at it in a pessimistic view, I could see this being true. However, that's the idea behind a F2P model. It's SUPPOSED to be a lesser version of the standard game. There are things, like the chat restrictions, credit limits, and xp curve limits, that are there mainly to curb gold farmers and other spammers, and these are true of every game, but you also want reasons for free people to subscribe. This game chose the path of limitation to achieve that goal, but the end result is the same. If you want all the normal content, you pay the normal sub. If they had made the existing game the Free version, and made the subscription game even better, what's the difference?

I've played two games that converted midstream to a F2P hybrid from a full subscription model. Both games had the complainers, the folks that blamed everything wrong with the game on the free players being around, but in reality, there were more players playing since the change than there were before, and that's the goal. The other game I'm talking about was around for years, and had lost folks to natural attrition, and many of those were able to come back, check out what was new, jump back onto characters that had laid dormant for years, and enjoy themselves for as long as they wanted without having to make more financial commitments if they didn't choose to. That other game died, but not because of F2P or anything associated with it. It died because the publisher decided to go in a different direction and killed a game with a steady six figure player base and making a profit.

No matter what pay model they use, there will ALWAYS be content that doesn't appeal to you. No development company bats a thousand when it comes to making everyone happy all the time. The issues you have with the game would still be there, just in a different form. Pay for things now with CC, earn the stuff in game through grinding, or don't worry about things that aren't real important in the long run. How anyone chooses to get, or not get these things should have no bearing on your enjoyment or lack thereof in this game.

Nah, I think they're actually right.

It's an all-you-can-eat buffet.

However, did you want a fork? That's cosmetic. I mean, you could eat with your hands so we'll need a buck or two more for that fork.

Oh, did you want a napkin? Yeah, all that face-wiping stuff, that's just cosmetic so we'll need another few bucks. And gods forbid you ask for extra.

Oh, something to drink besides water? That's just "flavor". Another few bucks. Refills? Not free.

You should stop trying to make analogies, you're very bad at them and you should feel bad.

Edited by DaRoamer