Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lethality / Ruffian Set Bonuses and Tactical Items

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Lethality / Ruffian Set Bonuses and Tactical Items
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LonelyWookiee
04.19.2019 , 08:29 PM | #11
First, thank you for asking for our input and let me say how excited I am at the prospect of customizing our classes more than ever before! I main an Operative exclusively, am proficient in all its disciplines, and have completed all my best achievements with this class (Revanchist, HM Coratanni, NiM Dread Council, etc.) along with regularly playing Ranked/Unranked PVP, Flashpoints, Uprisings, Events, etc.

Along with post here I've also shared my thoughts in the other Operative Set Bonus & Tactical Items discipline threads. I've made suggestions based on my experience with this class and with both PVE/PVP in mind. I've started by listing the challenges that I face with each discipline as a guiding factor for my suggestions but I also targeted abilities that I don't often use. Thank you for reading!

Discipline Challenges: Melee (position/movement/range)

Lethality:
[Tactical] Corrosive Assault's range is increased by 20 meters.

All Disciplines:
[Set Bonus] Increases the max stack limit of Tactical Advantage by 1 (stacks with other increases).

[Tactical] Countermeasures now increases movement speed by 50% (stacks with other movement boosts).
[Tactical] Adrenaline Probe's cooldown is reduced.
[Tactical] Stim Boost now additionally restores x energy over the duration.
[Tactical] Using Kolto Probe now automatically applies 2 stacks of Kolto Probe.
[Tactical] Revive (General ability) cannot be interrupted for 10 seconds after exiting Stealth.
[Tactical] Overload Shot now applies a Damage Over Time effect and reduces the target's healing received.
[Tactical] Overload Shot now places all of the target's abilities on cooldown for 1 GCD (except abilities not on the GCD) but has an increased energy cost (similar to the Uppercut unarmed combat legacy ability).
[Tactical] Infiltration can now be used in combat and out of stealth and provides a damage reduction bonus to all group members within 10 meters.
Want free 7 days of subscription time?
And a free server transfer? With a bundle of goodies? Usable every 90 days!
Then use my referral link and login to an existing account or create a new one for these rewards! Details are here.

Rogha
04.20.2019 , 06:30 AM | #12
From a PvP standpoint one of the biggest limitations is the susceptibility to burst damage when stunlocked. I did a recent WZ where I followed the common logic of waiting until white barred to use Escape. I got hit by two assassins and was brought from 100% down to 5% before I broke stun lock. Other classes such as sorcs and BHs have defensive abilities that can be used when stunned. What about adding a tactical or set bonus where Evasion or Shield Probe can be used when stunned? Or decreasing the cooldown of them when stunned. Might be overpowered but worth a discussion.

Shirvington
04.20.2019 , 10:33 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rogha View Post
From a PvP standpoint one of the biggest limitations is the susceptibility to burst damage when stunlocked. I did a recent WZ where I followed the common logic of waiting until white barred to use Escape. I got hit by two assassins and was brought from 100% down to 5% before I broke stun lock. Other classes such as sorcs and BHs have defensive abilities that can be used when stunned. What about adding a tactical or set bonus where Evasion or Shield Probe can be used when stunned? Or decreasing the cooldown of them when stunned. Might be overpowered but worth a discussion.
Interestingly, Evasion doesn't "work" when stunned. Like, you can't dodge anything while stunned. Maybe in tandem with the reflect on Evasion, that might be good. Shield probe when stunned is a great idea for a Tactical unit.

Rogha
04.20.2019 , 10:50 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Shirvington View Post
Interestingly, Evasion doesn't "work" when stunned. Like, you can't dodge anything while stunned. Maybe in tandem with the reflect on Evasion, that might be good. Shield probe when stunned is a great idea for a Tactical unit.
Exactly. I would love to see something along those lines. Outside of that problem, I find the class very survivable, great for kiting and handling objectives. Some defensive oriented set bonuses/tact items could make the class a bit more viable in ranked.

UltraFlashStar
04.22.2019 , 09:57 AM | #15
Missed Me: Using Scamper now provides a 100% resist to all sources (basically Scrapper’s roll defense. I mean seriously this should be standard for all Scoundrel specs) In turn, Scamper has a reach of 10m for each roll (down from 12m).
Defensive Rolls: Using Exfiltrate now provides a 100% resist to all sources (basically Concealment’s roll defense. I mean seriously this should be standard for all Operative specs) In turn, Exfiltrate has a reach of 10m for each roll (down from 12m).

Dirty Shot: Quick Shot now puts a 10% armor penetration debuff on the target along with a 10% trauma debuff on the target; both debuffs last for 15 seconds. In turn, Quick Shot base damage reduced.
Debilitating Shot: Overload Shot now puts a 10% armor penetration debuff on the target along with a 10% trauma debuff on the target; both debuffs last for 15 seconds. In turn, Overload Shot base damage reduced.

Not the Face!: When stunned damage reduced by 15%
High Pain Tolerance When stunned damaged reduced by 15%

memerobot
04.22.2019 , 11:45 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraFlashStar View Post
Missed Me: Using Scamper now provides a 100% resist to all sources (basically Scrapper’s roll defense. I mean seriously this should be standard for all Scoundrel specs) In turn, Scamper has a reach of 10m for each roll (down from 12m).
Defensive Rolls: Using Exfiltrate now provides a 100% resist to all sources (basically Concealment’s roll defense. I mean seriously this should be standard for all Operative specs) In turn, Exfiltrate has a reach of 10m for each roll (down from 12m).

Dirty Shot: Quick Shot now puts a 10% armor penetration debuff on the target along with a 10% trauma debuff on the target; both debuffs last for 15 seconds. In turn, Quick Shot base damage reduced.
Debilitating Shot: Overload Shot now puts a 10% armor penetration debuff on the target along with a 10% trauma debuff on the target; both debuffs last for 15 seconds. In turn, Overload Shot base damage reduced.

Not the Face!: When stunned damage reduced by 15%
High Pain Tolerance When stunned damaged reduced by 15%
Would this go for all specs?

UltraFlashStar
04.22.2019 , 11:55 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by memerobot View Post
Would this go for all specs?
Yeah, they fit perfectly for each spec. The first one would be cancelled out by Scrap/Conceal, but their other 2 fit perfectly.

memerobot
04.22.2019 , 12:05 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by UltraFlashStar View Post
Yeah, they fit perfectly for each spec. The first one would be cancelled out by Scrap/Conceal, but their other 2 fit perfectly.
Well, what buff would you give for Concealment then?

Solarmind
04.23.2019 , 12:31 AM | #19
1) Toxic Haze no longer requires a Tactical Advantage.

2) Replace Stim Boost effect with some sort of movement speed boosting effect, similar to the Force Speed.

UltraFlashStar
04.24.2019 , 07:10 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Solarmind View Post
2) Replace Stim Boost effect with some sort of movement speed boosting effect, similar to the Force Speed.
This would be useless, most people would value 10% Alacrity over movement speed, unless this gave me the speed to run to the edge of the Dune Sea and back in 5 seconds I wouldn’t find this at all useful and more of a detrimental buff.