Question SoR

Azshel

Hi,

I'm a returning player and I would want to skip Shadow of Revan to start KotFE immediatly. I know I won't be able to play SoR on this character, so my question is, what will I miss by skipping SoR on my main, except of course the story ? I was planning to see the story on another char.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm a returning player and I would want to skip Shadow of Revan to start KotFE immediatly. I know I won't be able to play SoR on this character, so my question is, what will I miss by skipping SoR on my main, except of course the story ? I was planning to see the story on another char.

Thanks in advance.

You won't know who a couple of NPCs are going in, a small bit of their motivations, etc. I'm assuming that the callbacks to SoR specific events will not happen (a couple of VA lines, mainly).

You won't know who a couple of NPCs are going in, a small bit of their motivations, etc. I'm assuming that the callbacks to SoR specific events will not happen (a couple of VA lines, mainly).

There are lots of references to what happens in SoR and especially what happens at the end of RotE (Ziost), and none of it changes if you skip SoR. That's the same for insta60 token starts AND for start-at-1s that skip FA/SoR/RotE to go directly to KotFE.

(There's an implied assumption that you didn't romance LB or TS in SoR etc, but it doesn't change anything anyway.)

So, OP: My advice is to do SoR on at least one character so that you will understand all the meatbag bickering.

Was unsure about skipping SoR on non-token characters. I knew token characters were assumed to have done their class stories in a canonical non-romancing fashion, and done SoR in the canonical non-romancing fashion as well.

Understanding the meatbag bickering is a reason to do SoR, yes.

Thank you very much for your answers. I think I will do it then. How much time would I need to complete the three chapters?

I assume RotHC/Makeb is a completely different story and can be done later without any problem?

Thank you very much for your answers. I think I will do it then. How much time would I need to complete the three chapters?

I assume RotHC/Makeb is a completely different story and can be done later without any problem?

About 3-5 hours, depending on how much you can speedrun the flashpoints. In solo (story) mode, they're pretty quick runs.

Yes, you can do the two Makeb stories before OR after (or even, for a break, *during*) KotFE/ET.

"Two"? One per faction, and they are quite different from each other, and they are very different from KotFE/ET.

Advice: if you are playing a Republic character, perhaps try Makeb before KotFE, since there's at least one NPC that you'll meet in KotFE that you previously meet during Makeb, and running Republic Makeb will explain who he is and why you know him.

Yes, you can do the two Makeb stories before OR after (or even, for a break, *during*) KotFE/ET.

"Two"? One per faction, and they are quite different from each other, and they are very different from KotFE/ET.

Advice: if you are playing a Republic character, perhaps try Makeb before KotFE, since there's at least one NPC that you'll meet in KotFE that you previously meet during Makeb, and running Republic Makeb will explain who he is and why you know him.

Is Pub Makeb really the first place you meet him? How interesting, given his prominence in the initial lore of the game. (Assuming we're talking about the same person, anyway. Gives the initial missions on the Makeb space station?)

Is Pub Makeb really the first place you meet him? How interesting, given his prominence in the initial lore of the game. (Assuming we're talking about the same person, anyway. Gives the initial missions on the Makeb space station?)

Nope. For a hint as to who it is: he endlessly blithers about creating.

EDIT: if you've met him, the above should be sufficient information to know who he is, and if you haven't met him, then it will be of no help at all.

If you still wonder who I'm talking about, his name is in the spoiler box:

Doctor Juvard Illip Oggurobb

Edited by SteveTheCynic

If you skip SoR, you also lose your class specific mini story quest in SoR.

And you can only experience it with a character that has the same class as the one that skipped SoR.

That was the one I was going to add. It's a short quest per character, but most serve as quite a nice little callback/coda to a class story point.

I'll ask back: why do you want to "rush" into KotXX? IMO, SoR is the better story. And, as others mentioned, there's a lot of lore build up in RotHC, SoR previews, SoR, Ziost, that inform characters and events in KotFE. I'd do all those, at least once, before starting KotFE.

As to RotHC: I'd recommend Republic first, then Empire after. It definitely works better that way, trust me!

I'd plan on those taking a few 4-hr days of play (2 min, maybe 4 at a nice pace??)

Nope. For a hint as to who it is: he endlessly blithers about creating.

EDIT: if you've met him, the above should be sufficient information to know who he is, and if you haven't met him, then it will be of no help at all.

If you still wonder who I'm talking about, his name is in the spoiler box:

Doctor Juvard Illip Oggurobb

I completely forgot about him. And it's not like he's a minor character the way the Pubside quest giver is.

OTOH, I've only done pubside Makeb once or twice, and never completed impside Makeb, so ...

I'll ask back: why do you want to "rush" into KotXX?

Because i'd like to experience the end-game content. I've already taken several weeks to complete almost every base class stories. But given your advices, I'll experience the content in the right order!

By the way, I know that Makeb stories are different as Pub and Imp, what about SoR?

Edited by Azshel

"End-game" content is mostly set after Ilum. The vast majority of what isn't is set in and around SoR.

The only "end-game" content you don't get access to in a logical fashion until completing KotXX is the two new FPs, Uprisings, and The Eternal Championship; plus Iokath and the new Ops bosses.

Because i'd like to experience the end-game content. I've already taken several weeks to complete almost every base class stories. But given your advices, I'll experience the content in the right order!

By the way, I know that Makeb stories are different as Pub and Imp, what about SoR?

Wow, someone listened to me, you're welcome! ;)

As poster above me said, you are (a) in end game and can (b) you are, or will soon hit, L70, so have all your powers, access to gear (Galactic Command hamster wheel), etc for the tougher content.

Besides that one class-specific quest...

SoR has only one story, with slightly different perspectives depending on faction. And a few lines that relate to your class, And the nice cinematic intro is class-dependent. I've done it with every class, but I like SoR. But it really is just one story.

Ilum had faction-specific stories, as did Makeb (RotHC). After that, it is one-story with slightly different takes.

I don't know about Theron, but if you use a Level 60 token and romance Lana in KOTFE, there are a few different lines here and there. if you romanced her in SoR it's already established but if you use the token 60, it is not.

The L60 tokens do make character decisions for you, too. It's worth deciding if you're okay with those. AFAIK if you use a token on a Sith Inquisitor you get Darth Imperius. If you use it for a Sith Warrior you get Dark Side Jaesa, and it's implied that you never took off Vette's collar. So in KOTFE when you meet Vette,

she hates your guts and reminds you she's not your slave anymore.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

lvl 60 boosted characters also don't get access to titles gained from the class stories. That may not bother you, but a boosted sith will never get to display the Darth or Lord titles and Jedi don't get Master. You'll still be called Darth Imperious or Lord Wrath in dialogue though.