Broonmark/Bowdaar Devoted Allies Offhand has incorrect stats

halcyon_havoc

I just did "She Who Greedily Devours" for the first time on my Sith Warrior yesterday and noticed the bug previously mentioned by others is still present. Broonmark and Bowdaar are both Strength tanks whose gear should have FORCE POWER on it, not TECH POWER as is displayed on their offhand reward. These companions have always used Force Power, never Tech. They should be able to use the same offhand as Khem Val does.

There is not, nor has there ever been, any other gear in the game with Str+Tech Power. Please fix it soon so my Bowdaar and Broonmark aren't rejects. :(

Edited by halcyon_havoc

• 2 weeks later...

hmm.....

My Khemmy has a tanking offhand and its stats are correct, with force power and everything. Though the strange thing is only usable by Khem and Scourge. Unless I'm totally confused, this shield should be wieldable by Broonmark and Bowdar as well.... weird

EDIT:

Made a quick trip to Rishi with my jugg and yeah, Broonmark's (and Bowdar's ) offhands are broken. Both of them, dps and tanking ones, boosting tech power. The dps offhand is a generator even, lol

So it's like instead of adding these two companions to the working offhands, they created new broken ones for them. Makes sense

Edited by wainot-keel

As neither of those companions are force users, tech power is the correct stat for their offhands.

You may want to double check their mainhand weapons before making that assertion. Strength and Willpower = Force stats and Aim and Cunning = Tech stats. Looks like Bioware is just as confused about this as everyone else.

hmm.....

My Khemmy has a tanking offhand and its stats are correct, with force power and everything. Though the strange thing is only usable by Khem and Scourge. Unless I'm totally confused, this shield should be wieldable by Broonmark and Bowdar as well.... weird

EDIT:

Made a quick trip to Rishi with my jugg and yeah, Broonmark's (and Bowdar's ) offhands are broken. Both of them, dps and tanking ones, boosting tech power. The dps offhand is a generator even, lol

So it's like instead of adding these two companions to the working offhands, they created new broken ones for them. Makes sense

I tried getting Khem's offhand on my Sorc and sending it to my Smuggler for Bowdaar because I thought the same thing. He couldn't use it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay, bringing this back one more time.

I just did The Great Beast Hunt with my SW, and yes, still broken (Tech instead of Force power). Question now is:

Does it matter?

I equipped Broonmark with the Tech power based shield and sure enough his Tech panel stats increased, Force panel decreased. BUT, checking his abilities, DPS all went up slightly (presumably due to the increase in Strength). So, is Force (or Tech) power used for anything on Broonmark (and Bowdaar)?

Okay, bringing this back one more time.

I just did The Great Beast Hunt with my SW, and yes, still broken (Tech instead of Force power). Question now is:

Does it matter?

I equipped Broonmark with the Tech power based shield and sure enough his Tech panel stats increased, Force panel decreased. BUT, checking his abilities, DPS all went up slightly (presumably due to the increase in Strength). So, is Force (or Tech) power used for anything on Broonmark (and Bowdaar)?

I would also really want to know the answer to this as Bowdaar is my main companion for my scoundrel, so I want to know am I essentially hampering him by equipping the wrong stat, but yes how difficult is it to add Bowdaar to the same offhand that Khem and scourge use he should be geared in exactly the same way.

So, I did some tests today and it seems like not only is Tech Power okay, it is slightly better for Broonmark.

Here's what I did:

Put a 172 Guardian Mod (Strength) in both an otherwise empty shield (tech) and focus shield (force). Both gave, 706 power of their respective type. Checked Broonmark's quickbar. All the attacks have exact same DPS ranges for each shield, except Intimidate (which is listed as a Tech Power on the companion tab) which does list higher DPS with the Tech Power shield equipped.

I checked on a training dummy. All the other (weapon) ability DPS's seemed to give the same result within rng uncertainties. Intimidate does indeed have higher DPS with the Tech shield. His basic attack also give the same DPS regardless (didn't time average, but over ~100 attacks with each, range was same).

So it appears that the Tech Power shield works fine. In fact, it suggest it would be better if his mainhand was tech power as well!

BTW, I also tried a 162 Alliance Bulwark shield. It gives less than 1% lower DPS than the Devoted Allies. The 172 armoring mod only focus shield gave 1.3% lower. I'm thinking we obsess over gear far too much given the little difference in results. But that's another story.

Edited by DocDAM