Recklessness monkeys instead of smash monkeys? Maybe lol

Philelectric

First of all sorry if my english is special, its not my main language.

So I was thinking about something,stacking our gear like smash monkeys, only power and surge and some accuracy. I think it might be good because I am not min/max yet and my non crit discharge and shock are hitting around 2.5k. I think stacking power might bring it to 3k-3.2k non crit and it seems decent. Of course we would be Recks heroes and even with the buff up we could miss our crits but it could be funny to try it in a regular WZ and see the damage.

Edited by Philelectric

Recklessness : 2 autocrit/90 sec

Smashmonkeys : 1 autocrit/10 sec.

Yah not exactly the same ratio eh?

Also maul is your big hitter, and is not affected by recklessness, that limits itself to force abilities.

Don't dump that crit imo.

Edited by verfallen

I actually have a set full power for dueling since I can rely on recklessness for crits.

Have close to 1300 power or something and 23 crit.

In warzones it's fun to mess around with but I feel that my sustained takes a HUGE hit.

With how easy gear is to get might as well give it a go yourself!

Recklessness : 2 autocrit/90 sec

Smashmonkeys : 1 autocrit/10 sec.

Yah not exactly the same ratio eh?

Also maul is your big hitter, and is not affected by recklessness, that limits itself to force abilities.

Don't dump that crit imo.

Well, with PvP gear it becomes 3 autocrits/75 sec (I think).

It's not as gamechanging as Smash, but it is quite an effective burst rotation.

I don't run it, but I know people who do.

Full power no crit is more of a dueling build, as someone has already pointed out.

Also, keep in mind smash is an auto crit, recklessness isn't (only 60%), it just seems that way if you run with 30% buffed crit. If you run with low crit and only rely on recklessness don't be surprised if it doesn't crit once in a while.

Edited by Dierdrea

I actually have a set full power for dueling since I can rely on recklessness for crits.

Have close to 1300 power or something and 23 crit.

In warzones it's fun to mess around with but I feel that my sustained takes a HUGE hit.

With how easy gear is to get might as well give it a go yourself!

I run just about those exact power and crit stats. Not sure how you can say the sustained dps takes a hit. I run 27/0/14 and my highest output has been over 550k with it typically falling in the 300 - 400 range. The auto crit from Energize puts my Shock crits well over 4k. And don't forget about the 9% melee crit bonus in the madness tree that bumps the Thrash crit chance to 32%. Pair that with the 50% crit damage increase on Thrash and I'm hitting for over 2k easily.

Edited by thefishdude

I messed around with these stats for a long time, and concluded it's better to keep the usual amount of crit.

It was nice getting that 9k maul when I got it, but it took like 25 games of trying to pull off the item-grab, duplicity proc, and maul crit on an undergeared player.

However, during those 25 games my total dps really didn't seem to suffer at all, so my advice is to just try it yourself and see what pops up.

Edited by JP_Legatus