Subbing worthwhile !

Blockk

I am a subscription player and my 9 yr old has the free version on his computer

so I have watched him with interest, mainly to see what your missing when your a F2P player

heavy restrictions

my advice, get a paper run and pay the subs

so I have watched him with interest, mainly to see what your missing when your a F2P player

heavy restrictions

Would you really let your nine year old go out and run a paper route in this day and age for a video game?

Would you really let your nine year old go out and run a paper route in this day and age for a video game?

Crime is down. I assume by, "in this day and age" you mean in this day when the news tells you about every horrible thing that happens creating a sense of paranoia that this is the most dangerous era of human history when in fact the opposite is true (at least in modern nations not in the middle of a civil war).

Crime is down. I assume by, "in this day and age" you mean in this day when the news tells you about every horrible thing that happens creating a sense of paranoia that this is the most dangerous era of human history when in fact the opposite is true (at least in modern nations not in the middle of a civil war).

Well if you are willing to risk it for a video game, be my guest.

Preferable to encourage the nine year old that he/she can make their own money and buy things, rather than expecting to get handed luxuries on a silver player.

If you're worried about a paper route, substitute with some other minor work-for-money opportunity.

Edited by Khevar

Well if you are willing to risk it for a video game, be my guest.

Risk what? Your kid is in the same amount of danger riding a bike for fun. And it isn't for "a video game". It's for learning to earn money to get things you want instead of pestering mom and dad until they spoil you and just give you the thing you want (I am assuming a little about the OP but if it were my kid that would be the reason).

Edited by calypsissmexy

Preferable to encourage the nine year old that he/she can make their own money and buy things, rather than expecting to get handed luxuries on a silver player.

If you're worried about a paper route, substitute with some other minor work-for-money opportunity.

Risk what? Your kid is in the same amount of danger riding a bike for fun. And it isn't for "a video game". It's for learning to earn money to get things you want instead of pestering mom and dad until they spoil you and just give you the thing you want (I am assuming a little about the OP but if it were my kid that would be the reason).

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

You have restored my faith in today's parenting.

It seems the days of kids running paper routes is over. I think it was sometime in the late 90's that they started disallowing it.

They started enforcing child labor laws on the paper boys (girls). My neighbors kid lost his first job from that

I had a paper route when I was 11. It sucked coming home from school and rolling those damn things up and walking over town to deliver. Sunday's were the most brutal when you had to wake up at 5 AM and do like twice the work, especially in the winter. And I only got paid like 50 bucks a month. Crap job.

I had a paper route when I was 11. It sucked coming home from school and rolling those damn things up and walking over town to deliver. Sunday's were the most brutal when you had to wake up at 5 AM and do like twice the work, especially in the winter. And I only got paid like 50 bucks a month. Crap job.

And at that age I mowed lawns, spending one day out of my weekend not having fun. BUT, I learned the value of working for money, and when I was able to buy what I wanted, I savored the moment of purchase, and the thing in general I lot more than anything I was just given.

Crap job but when your a weener, you do whats required to generate income, if your given everything then your expect everything later on, not my way of parenting, I feel ya pain though man, I did a milk run

In saying that, my 9 yr old boy does my lawns, inlaws lawns and cleans cars, shed and his own room. The room is no payment for good reason, if its not done, every day, then he misses out on all sorts so he does it and is quite used to it now

back to kids and F2P, find money and Sub

And at that age I mowed lawns, spending one day out of my weekend not having fun. BUT, I learned the value of working for money, and when I was able to buy what I wanted, I savored the moment of purchase, and the thing in general I lot more than anything I was just given.

Bingo ^^^

You assume right ;)

LOL this day and age! Well to be honest this day and age is the best time for children. Kids are sueing parents, Maryland (well I think it was Maryland) banned spankings, child labor laws, I mean the list goes on and on. Way back when children especially girls had absolutely no rights. Children use to be sold as slaves to pay off family's debts. If your country got taken over by another power children were put to death or became slaves. Would you rather live in those times? One last rant most abductions to children are done mostly by people who know eachother. So does that mean you will never let your child talk to people?

heavy restrictions

Just make him mow the damn lawn or rake leaves once a week, problem solved.

My daughter is 6 and she gets 25cents per chore, there are 5-8 that she can do every day. (though it's more like 1-2 that she actually does) Our deal with her is that she has to pay for half of anything that she wants.

It doesn't mean the we don't get her stuff, example we got my bonus check and she really wanted 2 different Build a Bears, we paid for one and she saved up and paid for half of the 2nd one a month later. Keeps her motivated and she gets excited every time we hand her a quarter because it's instant earnings. She really wants a Kindle Fire, but she's 6 and a little unnecessary, but I had enough frequent flyer miles so we got one for her for free and now she has to give half her chore money to charity. Until she pays off part of the device.

The whole point is that she is learning the value of money and hardwork. (and I have never seen a kid get excited to clean the cat box daily)

Edited by Jedi_Slayer

My daughter is 6 and she gets 25cents per chore, there are 5-8 that she can do every day. (though it's more like 1-2 that she actually does) Our deal with her is that she has to pay for half of anything that she wants.

It doesn't mean the we don't get her stuff, example we got my bonus check and she really wanted 2 different Build a Bears, we paid for one and she saved up and paid for half of the 2nd one a month later. Keeps her motivated and she gets excited every time we hand her a quarter because it's instant earnings. She really wants a Kindle Fire, but she's 6 and a little unnecessary, but I had enough frequent flyer miles so we got one for her for free and now she has to give half her chore money to charity. Until she pays off part of the device.

The whole point is that she is learning the value of money and hardwork. (and I have never seen a kid get excited to clean the cat box daily)

Words cannot describe the good feelings I have about that!!!!!

when OBOZO bans guns Crime is going to skyrocket