My Poor Consular

Diewoe

PVP

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n467/krayton2v2/MY%20SWTOR/Screenshot_2012-02-15_02_57_18_004488.jpg

PvE

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n467/krayton2v2/MY%20SWTOR/Screenshot_2012-02-15_03_11_17_187216.jpg

Looking at the PvP gear i thought the Jedi Knight set looked cool other than the helmet, the trooper gear is well perfect for a trooper. The Smuggler gear most looked good other than the stripper boots they get lol.

Then i looked at the Consular gear. OMG are you KIDDING ME!!! What is supposed to give us that so called EPIC feeling wearing RAGS??? I would much rather look like the Knight and change out all the mods. Not all us Consular players are homeless bag ladies using any bit of garbage they can to cover their bodies. (oh here is a couple banana seats, i'll just put these on my arms and shoulders. Oh and here is a old torn up blanket used for a dog bed, i'll just turn this into a nice "DRESS" )

First off i am a male player and do not want a "skirt" bottom forced on me and its why i have been using the same ugly reddish orange and pea green pants i found way back when.Also i don't want my "EPIC" gear to make me look like i fell out of a trash can.

What happened to the " We want you to feel like the heroes " "We want you to feel EPIC" ???

Who can feel like a Hero or EPIC wearing Garbage?? Wish i could just remove the mods in the Knight armor and wear that ( hide helmet ) but i am stuck with light armor so i can't :(

Yes i see people say they don't like their gear. You want some giggles look at the consular gear and i think you will feel MUCH BETTER about your choices.

Edited by Diewoe

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You kidding me? The trooper gear looks like something out of mad max.

See i don't see to much of a problem with this. It makes the trooper look tough and mean. Its better than having stark white clone trooper armor :) Yes there are issues but NOTHING as bad as the consular... not even close. Either your a bag lady or your a member of Vegas Wars

Edited by Diewoe

Go to the republic fleet and look at it. its not hard, but i warn you now. Be ready to ROFLYAO

That would mean sitting through 10 levels of inferior voice acting.

I saw a mid-level Consular, and his gear looked considerably more awesome than my Inquisitor's.

Edited by Grotpar

What about posting some screenshots?

Done

Opening post now has a screen shot. Just so you know almost all the Consular end game gear looks the same. Notice the toes hanging out the ripped cloth, the ugly drab look and the banded wrapped gloves.

End-game Inquisitor gear looks at least as awful.

Some times color is everything and end game Inquisitors have that going for them. Their gear is no way as bad looking. Ok so they are not epic and you want to draw attention to your factions gear not being as good as the other but right now with out a doubt the consular gear is at the VERY bottom below your Inquisitor gear.

PVP

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n467/krayton2v2/MY%20SWTOR/Screenshot_2012-02-15_02_57_18_004488.jpg

PvE

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n467/krayton2v2/MY%20SWTOR/Screenshot_2012-02-15_03_11_17_187216.jpg

Looking at the PvP gear i thought the Jedi Knight set looked cool other than the helmet, the trooper gear is well perfect for a trooper. The Smuggler gear most looked good other than the stripper boots they get lol.

Then i looked at the Consular gear. OMG are you KIDDING ME!!! What is supposed to give us that so called EPIC feeling wearing RAGS??? I would much rather look like the Knight and change out all the mods. Not all us Consular players are homeless bag ladies using any bit of garbage they can to cover their bodies. (oh here is a couple banana seats, i'll just put these on my arms and shoulders. Oh and here is a old torn up blanket used for a dog bed, i'll just turn this into a nice "DRESS" )

First off i am a male player and do not want a "skirt" bottom forced on me and its why i have been using the same ugly reddish orange and pea green pants i found way back when.Also i don't want my "EPIC" gear to make me look like i fell out of a trash can.

What happened to the " We want you to feel like the heroes " "We want you to feel EPIC" ???

Who can feel like a Hero or EPIC wearing Garbage?? Wish i could just remove the mods in the Knight armor and wear that ( hide helmet ) but i am stuck with light armor so i can't :(

Yes i see people say they don't like their gear. You want some giggles look at the consular gear and i think you will feel MUCH BETTER about your choices.

LMAO. Back to the homeless shelter where you belong!

Know what would make wearing those rags slightly better? Better graphics. Currently it just looks like a big blob of smushed textures.

Would they still be rags with hi res textures? Yes...

In conclusion, I agree op. however I think that MOST armor design in this game is horrible.

Hello everyone! Several posts have been removed from this thread for straying off-topic. As you continue to participate in this thread, please remember to heed the Rules of Conduct.

As a general reminder:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Know what would make wearing those rags slightly better? Better graphics. Currently it just looks like a big blob of smushed textures.

Would they still be rags with hi res textures? Yes...

In conclusion, I agree op. however I think that MOST armor design in this game is horrible.

I actually like most of the armor in game. just a piece here and there needs tweaking but as a whole the consular armor is bad. Its not just 1 or 2 pieces of the set that needs tweaking its the WHOLE look from top to bottom.

Hello everyone! Several posts have been removed from this thread for straying off-topic. As you continue to participate in this thread, please remember to heed the Rules of Conduct.

As a general reminder:

• Insults - Please do not resort to or use them in any way in your posts. Posts should be productive, not destructive.
  • Trolling - Please do not post messages that are purposefully designed to provoke, antagonize, or otherwise elicit a negative emotional response.
  • Agree to Disagree - Be respectful of others' viewpoints even if they are opposite of your own. Discuss disagreements constructively.
  • Flag, Don't Fight - Utilize the Flag Post feature to report possible rules violations, rather than responding to or fighting them.

Thanks for your cooperation!

Thank you for helping keep this topic on the consular and removing those troll posts. This thread was made for consular's to voice opinions are even better solutions. First off My solution would be give us a choice of pants or skirt bottom also remove the "ripped/torn" look. Also tone down the helmets as people going into battle would not wear outfits that look more in place on a Vegas stage.