Bioware, will there be a small yield planet in the next Conquest?

EllieAnne

Seeing how you have no problems purposefully (according to you) eliminating small yield planets from Conquest and considering you have issued no update beyond, "Yeah it wasn't a mistake. We meant to screw over small guilds this week." earlier in the week, I'm curious if you intend to permanently prevent your paying customers that choose to be in small guilds from completing the guild goal of a Conquest planet.

Of course BW will refuse to respond to this. As usual.

I see no reason to suggest that there won't be any small yield conquest in the coming weeks. Eric already explained to us that it only happened because the three planets tied to the Swoop Racing event are categorized as large and medium yield conquests.

Yes, they definitely should have anticipated that and prevented it from happening beforehand, but there is no need to stir up even more drama when it is obvious that it will only happen in the week when the Swoop Racing event is running, which is another 9 weeks away.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Eric already explained to us that it only happened because the three planets tied to the Swoop Racing event are categorized as large and medium yield conquests.

Frankly, that's a very weak justification. Why is the category part of the planet rather than part of the conquest schema?

And the purpose of this thread was to get some response from BW on this whole last week on how they screwed over small guilds. As usual they refuse to address the real issues and they still have not told us if we will not be able to Conquest on future swoop drive events or if they ever intent to make this up for small guilds that had over 500K in Conquest points this week.

And why not stir up drama when they are completely unresponsive to their paying customers?

Edited by EllieAnne

Yes, they definitely should have anticipated that and prevented it from happening beforehand, but there is no need to stir up even more drama when it is obvious that it will only happen in the week when the Swoop Racing event is running, which is another 9 weeks away.

EVERY week should have large, medium, and small invasion targets, regardless of the theme.

There is NO excuse for the swoop event launching without large, medium and small invasion targets.

Edited by DawnAskham

And why not stir up drama when they are completely unresponsive to their paying customers?

Because they were not unresponsive and already acknowledged that there is an issue and that they will look into it. I think the drama stirring can wait until we have another Swoop Racing event and if they were not able to fix it by then.

How about even an "I'm sorry we messed up."? No instead they justified it and gave some nebulous "We'll look into it." to blow us off.

And given BW (lack of) responsiveness to customer issues very few of us believe they will address the problem.

Edited by EllieAnne

Because they were not unresponsive and already acknowledged that there is an issue and that they will look into it. I think the drama stirring can wait until we have another Swoop Racing event and if they were not able to fix it by then.

Not Quite True! What You say.

Hey all,

This is intentional as the Swoop Conquest specifically covers the 3 planets that are a part of the Swoop event. That said, we understand the concern from Small Guilds around not having a small yield planet to target, the team is looking at options for the future!

-eric

So Quite Intentional, And Leaves Us Hanging, Really!

EVERY week should have large, medium, and small invasion targets, regardless of the theme.

There is NO excuse for the swoop event launching without large, medium and small invasion targets.

Sadly, there is an excuse (in the sense of an inadequate justification): "we screwed up and made the conquest yield size a property of the planet rather than making it property of the schema for a conquest week".

Not Quite True! What You say.

I never said that it wasn't intentional, but as the post from Eric clearly shows they acknowledged that this is a problem for small conquest guilds and are looking into fixing it in the future.

You all act like we didn't get any response from the devs yet and that they did it to intentionally annoy us and will never change it.

You all act like we didn't get any response from the devs yet and that they did it to intentionally annoy us and will never change it.

We are justifiably annoyed, although he did leave one message, it wasn't helpful, didn't explain their decision, and left it vague as to wether it'll be changed for the next one. As was pointed out in some posts, they've had more that 3 planets in some CQ's, they don't always have the 3 planets tied to an event, usually just one. They never mentioned before the event, that it would exclude small yield planets. All of these could have easily been sorted. And even if for some bizarro reason, they couldn't sort out the yields before the event, they could have posted about it, explaining why, and at least given us a heads up. But they didn't. People would have still been pissed, but maybe not as many, or maybe not as bad.

They lack communication, and I don't mean they don't post, I mean they don't actually communicate well. Even when they do post, it's not always thought out, or well informed. There are exceptions, ie, charles post about the dates the game is set in, etc.

Edited by DarkTergon

I never said that it wasn't intentional, but as the post from Eric clearly shows they acknowledged that this is a problem for small conquest guilds and are looking into fixing it in the future.

The problem was they have been working on this for quite awhile and therefore they knew about the situation of the conquest not having any small yields for the small guilds. While, they did post, after people called them on it, they posted one post about it and stated it was intentional and that they "were looking into for the future." They knew or should have known that this way going to be a problem. They deliberately withheld this information until after the patch was released and people were posting. They failed in their job to communicate this situation. They only posted a response because people were upset. I seriously doubt if anyone has asked them about it, they would have said anything because if they were going to be honest and upfront about it, they would had said something prior to the patch being released but they didn't.

Edited by casirabit

The problem was they have been working on this for quite awhile and therefore they knew about the situation of the conquest not having any small yields for the small guilds. While, they did post, after people called them on it, they posted one post about it and stated it was intentional and that they "were looking into for the future." They knew or should have known that this way going to be a problem. They deliberately withheld this information until after the patch was released and people were posting. They failed in their job to communicate this situation. They only posted a response because people were upset. I seriously doubt if anyone has asked them about it, they would have said anything because if they were going to be honest and upfront about it, they would had said something prior to the patch being released but they didn't.

Only have thing to say about Bioware communication #MuscoDoesn’tCare

They knew or should have known that this way going to be a problem. They deliberately withheld this information until after the patch was released and people were posting. They failed in their job to communicate this situation. They only posted a response because people were upset. I seriously doubt if anyone has asked them about it, they would have said anything because if they were going to be honest and upfront about it, they would had said something prior to the patch being released but they didn't.

Honestly, I think they didn't really care about having a small yield planet at all. I wouldn't expect so much drama if I were a dev, most likely. I'd probably showcase some rewards and tell where the rally takes place, maybe highlight rep quests but how much people care about having small cq, and cq overall, was very puzzling to me.

The lack of communication is chronic but it also seems they don't know enough about their playerbase, not much more than me :D. And that's with having access to stats and whatnot.

Any one who’s been around the swtor block a while will tell you this is typical Musco. And the more I think about it, the more I’m sure they’ll likely not fix it anytime this year,

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Any one who’s been around the swtor block a while will tell you this is typical Musco. And the more I think about it, the more I’m sure they’ll likely not fix it anytime this year,

They've scheduled it agaain for the end of the month, will be interesting to see if they've fixed it :)

If I was into gambling, I’d say the odds are against it being fixed by then.

I'd actually gamble for it being a good sign, because changing up the entire event schedule and making the event available earlier than planned requires a patch, as we had to learn the hard way when it comes to the double xp event. We had that before when they made the Pirate Incursion event available two weeks in a row because it was bugged. This might indicate that they realized that a lot of people were unhappy with the loss of the small conquest yield, the bugged achievements and the disappearance of the reputation vendors.

Doesn't mean we won't get any new bugs though...