What Happened?

shadowvashed

Hey folks,

Our web team was working on some forum optimization, including removing some of our old unused forums (we have a lot of hidden unused stuff behind the scenes). Unfortunately, this forum was affected when it shouldn't have been. We are unsure if we will be able to restore the posts but we are actively working on it. It may take a few days but I will pass on any updates as I have them.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

-eric

Any updates?

It has been over a week. Have the devs consulted with keyboardninja, the author of the lost thread, so see if it can be resurrected?

This is valuable information. I direct the tanks I see in rotten gear sets to this thread because there is nothing else that really explains it. Now a new generation of tanks is lost in the wilderness.

But, hey, there were less than 100 people on fleet on either side today, so I guess maybe people are just giving up . . .

Seriously? You guys amaze me. I try, I really try to be a good fan of Bioware but this is a bush league mistake. I'd fire the whole team if I was your manager for such a data loss with no backup. Fire. The. Whole. Team.

Deleting something by mistake, well, it's a mistake, s*** happens. But, as it appears to be the case, choosing not making a proper backup for who knows how long is simply negligence. That's what's really bad.

Deleting something by mistake, well, it's a mistake, s*** happens. But, as it appears to be the case, choosing not making a proper backup for who knows how long is simply negligence. That's what's really bad.

I agree, it's totally asinine that the forum/threads haven't been restored yet. vBulletin has an archive system on by default that copies all forums/threads to a more search engine friendly format. It is fairly simple to turn that into the "normal" forums if need be. Unless of course the idiots running this forum turned it off.

Hey folks,

Our web team was working on some forum optimization, including removing some of our old unused forums (we have a lot of hidden unused stuff behind the scenes). Unfortunately, this forum was affected when it shouldn't have been. We are unsure if we will be able to restore the posts but we are actively working on it. It may take a few days but I will pass on any updates as I have them.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

-eric

Any updates?