Darth Maul.

Prideth

So the sith inquisitor (assassin) is suppose to be modeled after darth maul, right? Why isn't there a spec that uses his fighting style then? I feel the tank spec would have worked well if it didn't use lightning force attacks as much and used more of a martial arts combat style for the class. Anyone else feel like they could've done better with the class? Edited by Prideth

So the sith inquisitor (assassin) is suppose to be modeled after darth maul, right? Why isn't there a spec that uses his fighting style then? I feel the tank spec would have worked well if it didn't use lightning force attacks as much and used more of a martial arts combat style for the class. Anyone else feel like they could've done better with the class?

Don't know how you got the idea that sith inquisitor class in based on Darth Maul, as the post above me says, just because the class carries a double-bladed lightsaber, dosent mean that the whole class is based on Maul lol.

"Sith Inquisitors were a class of powerful Force-wielders within the Sith Empire, operating primarily within the upper echelons and political circles. In contrast to their counterparts, the Sith Warriors, Inquisitors specialized in Force abilities as opposed to martial might, and many would devote much time to researching new skills to survive in the cutthroat Sith political environment. Few acolytes succeeded in becoming Inquisitors. However, those that did proved to be the most determined."

Just because he carries a double bladed lightsaber doesn't mean hes modeled after someone else who does in lore.

the lore came after ray park though. darth maul was the best sith in the movies and they should've done something with him in the game, imo.

Don't know how you got the idea that sith inquisitor class in based on Darth Maul, as the post above me says, just because the class carries a double-bladed lightsaber, dosent mean that the whole class is based on Maul lol.

"Sith Inquisitors were a class of powerful Force-wielders within the Sith Empire, operating primarily within the upper echelons and political circles. In contrast to their counterparts, the Sith Warriors, Inquisitors specialized in Force abilities as opposed to martial might, and many would devote much time to researching new skills to survive in the cutthroat Sith political environment. Few acolytes succeeded in becoming Inquisitors. However, those that did proved to be the most determined."

Interesting... Spoiler about class quests and their endings.

And yet the class stories put Sith Warriors Higher than Sith Inquisitors in the political circles, the Inquisitor becomes part of the Imperial Council, and the Sith Warrior becomes higher than the Council.

Don't know how you got the idea that sith inquisitor class in based on Darth Maul, as the post above me says, just because the class carries a double-bladed lightsaber, dosent mean that the whole class is based on Maul lol.[/i]"

Where they probably got the idea from is the fact that the developers said it themself more or less, back before the game lanuched they said their "inspiration" i believe the word was for the assassin AC was Darth Maul. Though of course inspiration and modeled after are fairly different things under my interruption.

Edited by deags

While Assassins were modeled after Darth Maul, Sorcerers were modeled after Sidious, so there's going to be some shared abilities. I wouldn't mind seeing Assassins get Consular versions of the lightning attacks though. As much as people complain about throwing pebbles, I rather have that out of an Assassin than lightning and keep the lightning stuff strictly on Sorcs, just my own opinion of course.

Actually Darth Maul would be a marauder. Seeing that he uses the Juyo style. And the marauder combat style is mostly attuned to how he fights. So basically hes a Marauder using a Sin's weapon.

Star Wars facts have been thrown into the ring. Can't really be argued, with...

i remember back before launch the devs saying that Sith Sorcerer (Sith Inquisitor) was modeled after darth sidious, Sith Assassin (Sith Inquisitor) was modeled after darth maul, Sith Juggernaut (Sith Warrior) was modeled after darth vader. i tryed finding the video where they said this but no luck. : / but i think it was at a guild summit. Edited by Prideth

So the sith inquisitor (assassin) is suppose to be modeled after darth maul, right? Why isn't there a spec that uses his fighting style then? I feel the tank spec would have worked well if it didn't use lightning force attacks as much and used more of a martial arts combat style for the class. Anyone else feel like they could've done better with the class?

The only thing about Darth Maul that does not fit with the Juggernaut class is the fact he uses a double bladed lightsaber. If you can wrap you mind around that I think he would best be played by a Juggernaut character. I think at some point they will allow classes to use or access all the lightsaber styles based on spec. I do not think anything about the Inquisitor class was based on Darth Maul other than the look. We didn't see much of him, but he didn't sneak up on anyone that I could see. He walked up and smacked them. He was a Jugg. Maybe a Maruder. Open for debate for sure.

Edited by otterscrubber

i know he shoulda been a marauder but they cant use double blades. i was just going off what bioware said. i wish my marauder could use a double blade so i can feel more like darth maul but also wish it can hold its lightsaber hilts backward like star killer. if they do end up letting use a double blade later on ill delete my assassin right away. Edited by Prideth

Interesting... Spoiler about class quests and their endings.

And yet the class stories put Sith Warriors Higher than Sith Inquisitors in the political circles, the Inquisitor becomes part of the Imperial Council, and the Sith Warrior becomes higher than the Council.

No...

The rank of Emperor's wrath is not in any way shape or form, higher than a Dark Council position. At best, they're equal. Read Revan or browse Wookiepedia. It seems you have some misconceptions about rankings.

No...

The rank of Emperor's wrath is not in any way shape or form, higher than a Dark Council position. At best, they're equal. Read Revan or browse Wookiepedia. It seems you have some misconceptions about rankings.

Actually...

Emperor's Wrath answers only to the Emperor, while dark Council member have to answer to their fellow members as well as the Emperor, so i would say that Emperor's Wrath is indeed higher ranked

Edited by deags

Emperor's Wrath...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Emperor%27s_Wrath

The Emperor's Wrath was a position created by the Emperor of the reconstituted Sith Empire. The position required that an individual serve as a personal enforcer and executioner for the Emperor, taking orders directly from and answering only to him.

i guess the last 4 words mean equal to the council huh.

According to the Book of the Sith. The Double Bladed Saber is supposed to be a warriors weapon, and Darth Maul was a Warrior not an Inquisitor or an Assassin.

in regards to the Saber Staff Darth Sidious has the following addendum to the Darth Bane Chapter that discusses the saber staff.

"It IS a Sith weapon, but one suited for the barbarians among us."

He also has this to say about Sith Warriors in the Malgus Chapter.

"Warriors are animals. Agents like Darth Maul have their uses, but can never expand beyond their limited set of tasks."

So as you can see, other than Sidious having a very low opinion of Warriors Darth Maul was not an Inquisitor. IMO The Marauder is more closely based on Maul but with the wrong weapon. Also IMO from all other resources Assassins should be dual wielding and Marauders should have the Saber Staff. BW screwed up on that.

Yeah a typical move to assassinate someone back in the day would be locking swords in a duel and pulling out a poinard and stabbing them in the gut.

I also agree that Marauders should have been the melee heavy DPS class with a giant double sided saber while the Assassins have two single sabers, something akin to the short sabers seen in KOTR.

I say BW makes two new builds for SI and SW so you can duel wield for SI if you wanted to or have double bladed lightsaber for SW.(Of course this would have to be done for the Republic side to) This is supposed to be the game star wars game fans dream of so why shouldnt we have the characters we always wanted. Thats just my 2 cents. Although I would like to see this happen in their next big expansion.