Is SWTOR a dead game?

Stoneciano

Server dependent really.

Red Eclipse is the server to do PvP in Europe. Can't speak for US.

I will add mind you, the game is starting to breathe heavily. Not even a slight showing at E3 this year.

Edited by orangenee

Server dependent really.

Red Eclipse is the server to do PvP in Europe. Can't speak for US.

I will add mind you, the game is starting to breathe heavily. Not even a slight showing at E3 this year.

If the last expansions were anything to go by then it can't make it to the toilet on time either.

The Progenitor in Europe is quite active... there is a lot of players, for FP's, PvP's... and so on!

I'm on that very server but it's an RP server (mostly). So people prioritise differently.

Going from the general on the fleet there's often people complaining about the lack of PvP there but PvPers always complain about everything so it may be hot air.

You are quite correct about FPs though, pops in like 10 seconds or less for everything. Even for non-Hammer Station ones. Whether you get to complete one is a different matter, but pugs are gonna pug.

You have to ask around to get groups for most other things though. Uprisings are completely dead at least SM anyway. I once set a que and forgot about it for 2 hours.....zip. For Ops get in a guild.

My guild (my BH got a random invite) apparently has 808 members, only 20 or so are active players. 5 of whom are alts of the same player.

http://www.swtor.com/server-status

when some of those servers start seeing medium, you know which ones are the most used.

As far as the US goes, the last time I checked only Harb coud hit standard and everything else was light. After being gone for a year and coming back to check on how things are, it's unfortunately how I expected it to be.

Pugs are fewer in nature, and a lot less competent than before.

PVP/GSF queues aren't as strong (not that GSF was ever strong when I started).

Most of the people that helped make the game fun for me left after I did - not because I left but because of general dissatisfaction.

I would classify this game in "maintenance mode" - not literally dead but not really alive either.

I'm on that very server but it's an RP server (mostly). So people prioritise differently.

Well that really depends on the community with which you move... if you go to places like DK or Nar Shadaa, you are definitely seeing people role-playing. But if you stick to Imperial Fleet and Odessen, you will mostly be among community of PvE-rs and PvP-ers... who rarely even consider role-playing...

You have to ask around to get groups for most other things though. Uprisings are completely dead at least SM anyway. I once set a que and forgot about it for 2 hours.....zip. For Ops get in a guild.

Well, mostly its better to ask and play with people you know. For example I greatly enjoy playing with my guildmates, because all of them are experienced players... if we have new people among our ranks we always make sure they go throughout proper explaining, so they don't get killed. Everything else depends on the person.

As far for Uprising, you are absolutely correct here... unfortunately Uprising is pretty much none existences, but I thought this is the same thing for all the servers. Players play Uprising when there is experience event... they are faster and you can get a lot more experience for short time. Of course you will never reach the amount you would get with Master and Veteran FPs...

My guild (my BH got a random invite) apparently has 808 members, only 20 or so are active players. 5 of whom are alts of the same player.

Well my guild is no different, we have around 800 members, where most active players have alternatives (me for example I have 15+ of those... but only 5 or so are in the guild, cause they are the only ones I play)... but we get quite good amount of active players to run at least couple of ops... up to 14-16 players online for two entirely different groups. Of course we have outsiders who are basically part of our Guild, just they aren't in it actually, but in their RP guild... cause those people enjoy RP, but still love PvE as much. It really depends from the group of people with which you will gather and how lucky you are...

It's not dead. Dead would mean you can't login and EA shut down the servers.

A better question is, is SWTOR a dying game? Since 5.0 happened, I would say theirs a good debate in favor of yes.

I dont think anyone is taking the term dead literally here. We all know what he means when he says "dead".

I think SWTOR is a dead game due to the wasted potential.

I did hear rumours of an open world SW RPG a few months back.

If those rumours are true, bye bye SWTOR. Rumours are rumours though.

yes there is one coming but development will take years and still, its not an online game, just single players one-time playthrough.

I just returned from about a year away. I was forced to transfer from PoT5 to JC. The part that stinks is I could only take what's in my inventory, so I lost years of items I was forced to leave behind. The collection stuff was helpful but I was forced to abandon so much.

On top of that the game was clearly changed to be almost a solo game. I like the story, BW has always done that well, but it doesn't feel like an MMO anymore. I absolutely LOVE the Star Wars IP and I think BW has done a nice job creating this world, but the game has lost that MMO feel to me. The combat and character animations are also showing their age, there is still no supported mouselook combat mode to at least make combat more fun and interactive. I am supposed to be this all power jedi but I cant even jump up on a hill, I need to click something to jump up, its silly. You look at some of the high end FPS games, or FPSMMO type games like warframe (MMO lite for sure) but you see the character movement and fighting and its so fun and action packed you wonder why these MMO games like ToR, STO, ESO, DCUO etc can't do that level of quality, animation, movement, etc etc but within their game. These games look and play like there 5-6-7+ years old.

I play because its SW but I had every alt, and maxed cargo holds and legacy holds full of stuff I have been forced to leave behind, so if they don't freshen this game up soon I will likely move to something else.

At the very least they should make character transfer's from dead server's free be able transfer all your stuff, or just merge servers already.

Make combat more fun and interactive, or at least make it an option with a mouselook combat mode that is supported. Combat is clunky.

Do something to bring back that feel of it being an MMO, not a solo RPG with some multiplayer. Ill just get BF2 for that and have much better combat and graphics.

I feel the ghosts of SWG haunting me.....

I think everyone at EA and Bioware realize that they need to do something to help stop hemorrhaging players. I just returned to the game myself after a year's absence. I'm looking forward to seeing what they release in the future and I know that Keith and Eric are doing their best to appease players. Edited by ZombieMarkTwain