Shadow's lacking Raid usefulness

Oh, besides... Want an utility for your shadow? Vanish + OOC ress. There,

(It does work, tried and used in NM modes.)

Ah yeah, forgot about that. Yes, I do exploit this quite often. It'll get patched out at some point though I'm sure.

Pfft. Shadows are amazing. If your guild can't down a boss with any (reasonable) group composition, then they have a long ways to go. We run with a Gunslinger and he rarely pops his bubble so any "buffs" he brings to the raid is minimal.

If your struggling to get included as a Shadow DPS, you could try tanking. They are quite amazing.

They replaced me with a sage, and proceeded to down the boss thanks to the offheals.

Second in DPS in a dps slot and the raid is swapping you out? Seems like the problem is in your guild more than in the class.

They don't tell you the rest of the raid composition in OP, i.e. who they were competing against. If you had a raid that was melee dps heavy then I could understand them swapping out the Shadow for a ranged (Sage) ahead of another melee DPS class with better utility.

Edited by Ewgal

Take the player, not the class.

I would rather have 10 good melee dps, than 10 mediocre ranged.

If you're being replaced due to class, 1 of two things is happening.

1) Your guild is full of bad players who need crutches such as stacking class to win.

2) You're a bad player and the guild is just getting rid of you.

Its its 1, I suggest you find a new guild. You'll prolly be better off. Its a 2 I suggest you find out what/if you're doing something wrong and fix it.

They don't tell you the rest of the raid composition in OP, i.e. who they were competing against. If you had a raid that was melee dps heavy then I could understand them swapping out the Shadow for a ranged (Sage) ahead of another melee DPS class with better utility.

Like I said, it's unlikely that his presence determines the fails by itself, unless is messing up something badly. If he's doing 2nd overall dps in the raid, unless he pulled aggro and made the boss cleave the raid multiple times, the problem doesn't lie there.

Like he said, they finished the raid because they used a sage for the offheals. You know what this means? The problem lies in the healers most probably.

They replaced me with a sage, and proceeded to down the boss thanks to the offheals.

If the sage stopped to offheal, then your healers are terrible or your raid members like to stand in bad. There's no other way to put it. For every time that sage stops DPSing to waste his force on heals, there will be five wipes from lack of DPS on the proper targets.

Speaking as a healer, if replacing the #2 DPS with someone who spent the fight offhealing is what let your guild beat any encounter in this game, you're doing something very wrong. I vote for find a new guild.

Edited by JRastenn