Drop group quick button

Bigbearbear

Is there a way to quickly drop group and get out of a FP? In WoW you can create a macro and bind it to key/button so that you can drop group/raid quickly and get out if things aren't going well.

Pretty convenient for me.

I know some will consider this 'anti-social" or selfish but there are times things really don't work for me (eg. tank lost, trying to kill every single skippable mob etc) and I'll take the 15min debuff gladly. Also, when the group is in combat, there'll be a delay in you dropping group, which is irritating for me, especially when the tank decides to attack a whole bunch of mobs that are skippable.

I'll like to have convenient button I can push and it'll drop me from the group immediately and put me back in my previous location. In other words, same mechanics as WoW.

Is there a way to quickly drop group and get out of a FP? In WoW you can create a macro and bind it to key/button so that you can drop group/raid quickly and get out if things aren't going well.

I know some will consider this 'anti-social" or selfish but there are times things really don't work for me (eg. tank lost, trying to kill every single skippable mob etc) and I'll take the 15min debuff gladly. Also, when the group is in combat, there'll be a delay in you dropping group, which is irritating for me, especially when the tank decides to attack a whole bunch of mobs that are skippable.

I'll like to have convenient button I can push and it'll drop me from the group immediately and put me back in my previous location. In other words, same mechanics as WoW.

You're right. That does sound pretty antisocial and selfish.

Wait, what? Someone attacked a skippable mob???? oh nos!!!! the horror. How could they.

The convienience button is maybe called teaching tools. Maybe have a better attitude towards your fellow players. Maybe suggest to the person who is the tank that the next time they can skip that pack(s).

The only way to make this a better game is to have better people playing it. To have people who care about the game and the players in it. Not people like this OP that just screams ME ME ME and ONLY ME.

If you want ot build a game and a game's player base, then the people need to step up and not do things like OP is suggesting.

^^ I would very much like something similar to this. Is there any chance we can have an instant /ignore key. I would love to try it out on this person.

Opinion: anyone that does this so often that they need a convenience macro for it.... I sure don't want to group with them.

/2-cents

inorite?! I've only left a group once in over a year...and that was because our Medic quit because the tank and other DPS were watching every video.

Right click portrait > quit

How much quicker do you need?

Something a little more convenient, like a single button? There are times when you get aggro and mobs are all over you, so you'll want to kite and dodge around while trying to leave group. A little irritating to have to do the right-click and select from menu.

Something like a EJECT level on a fighter jet if you will.

Something a little more convenient, like a single button? There are times when you get aggro and mobs are all over you, so you'll want to kite and dodge around while trying to leave group. A little irritating to have to do the right-click and select from menu.

Maybe just have the group leader /kick you then. That way you don't have to do anything. :D Better yet.. don't get agro.. it belongs to the tank. ;)

Edited by Andryah

No words… can …

I'd work on your attitude before trying to find a convenient way to quit groups while kiting mobs.

Opinion: anyone that does this so often that they need a convenience macro for it.... I sure don't want to group with them.

/2-cents

i was just thinking the same thing.

he is also almost poster child material for the reason behind not having a cross server lfd.

Dont worry, the issue isn't wit hthe rest of the group in this case, his own abilities are what's holding his groups back:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=562343

Also, he's not a very nice person to group with. I suggest teasing the /ignore key with this one:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5476578#post5476578

hahaha, oh wow.

Not a troll, WoW has it and I'm just wondering if SWTOR has it too. I like it as a convenient key when things don't go smoothly with a group, I can hit it, exit and get on with the Class story.

right click your portrait, drop group...

Not hard.

WoW has Pokemon and Farmville. You want those too?

Edited by jgoldsack

I must applaud you Sir. Please share your secret. How do you keep yourself together and get out of bed each day knowing the hardships and challenges that you will be facing?

You are a true inspiration for us all who just want to just give up.

Edited by Graydon

Dont worry, the issue isn't wit hthe rest of the group in this case, his own abilities are what's holding his groups back:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=562343

Also, he's not a very nice person to group with. I suggest teasing the /ignore key with this one:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5476578#post5476578

This is not about ability, I'm a new player in SWTOR, yes and hence all the newbie type questions.

Its about convenience. When a FP don't go well, I don't want to stick around arguing over petty little stuff or standing around feeling bad and waiting for the timer for me to leave. I want to drop group quickly, no hassle, no drama, and go on with my Class story. After all, a typical player will run the same FP multiple times and there're only so many choices you can make in the dialog (good/evil choices) before it gets boring. So I want to go into the FP, pew pew pew pew....if going is good great, if not, I want to leave quickly and do other stuff.

I'm still on my first toon so I'm not a level 50 toon sitting around with nothing to do/see. There are literally tons of content for me to do still and waiting around in a FP, though a few seconds I'm admit, seems a little pointless. Why not give us a instant leave group option just like WoW does?