The Gree Event Rocks Que The Cry Babies

iaintoff

For which i will address first.

If you are pve and dont like pvp dont do the pvp quests that are part of the event on ilum. Before you cry that you still get ganked doing the pve quests on ilum well thats just part of swtor look what is happening over at section x with dread tooth and rival guilds griefing on each other.

If you are pvp and dont like pve dont do the pve parts of the quests that are on ilum - simples.

You can easily tell if you are doing pvp or pve quests as it will state next to quest in big letters "PVP". another huge clue is also the fact that you collect PVP commendations for PVP quests and PVE dailys for pve quests lolz...

The weapons or rewards that you collect for either pvp or pve are the same and can be used by either, so no!!! your not getting pvp quests to collect pve gear and vice versa.

Finally on the issue of FFA. If the world event was faction based everyone would be crying "not eno REPS the event is a failure"

I personally think bioware has done its best to try to appease everyone with this event and so far im loving every minute of it, even the pve dare i say .

The pvp Quests rock even when theres no reps about, even same faction based groups are always on edge waiting for that little spark to ignite an imp verses imp war, this makes for exciting times always watching out for fellow guldies even around other sith.

Last night a team of us went to kill garok'k, we entered the cave onlly to find 16 reps waiting there, ready to kill the boss. It was amazing first we battled the reps for killing rights then had to fight them and the boss at the same time, it was epic. I mean i'm not getting experiences like that sat on fleet whining about the event instead of actually playing it.

i'm getting board now of this typing stuff but just wanted to say how great i think the event is, best one yet by far. love the quests, love the set up, very happy.

Oh i think tho that tying reputation to legacy and then capping it is pretty stupid, as basically there is no real incentive to do the quests after 2 days when everyone will have reached the first weeks reputation capp.

If you are going to do that at least let us sell the extra reputation chips like we could we the ragukoul DNA.

Edited by iaintoff

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gonna have to agree here, I've been having so much fun on Ilum causing chaos. Pushing people off of ice bridges, killing orb holders in lines while holding your own to cause a chain reaction, getting killed trying something crazy.

This event certainly created some fascinating gameplay.

The biggest problem with the event is the communty's lack of sportmanship. If you see two people have a fair duel, why jump in with your group of four? Same thing if a solo player, me, attacks one of you, do all of you need to attack me? I'm there for PvP and I'm usually not even bothered with the missions (read: I'm not one of those standing in line) but few are the times I actually get to have some fair fights. One would think that my duel banner gave it away.

Worst are of course those who bring their entire clan in four different groups and attack solo players. Are you really that bad ?

Had one duel against another sorc. This thing had been going on for minutes and while it was in the PvP area it was also far away from everyone els and the objectives. Some ******e had to ruin that fun of course.

So in conclusion; Haaaa!

Almost forgot, also had some a-hole taking down my HP as I was trying to heal a 16-man WB.

Edited by MidichIorian

Also, they need to get rid of the CD on the pylon and make orb delivery instant or take a maximum of 2 seconds. I don't know about the rest of you but despite being against the lines I'm not ganking people who have been waiting for 5 mins, that would be a douche move. With no CD and no lines people might have PvP'ed a bit more, knowing that if they kill a guy it won't take him all day to get a new orb. Granted that people also would be able to leave the area much faster but if they're leaving fast they're not really the main demographics to begin with. Edited by MidichIorian

Also, they need to get rid of the CD on the pylon and make orb delivery instant or take a maximum of 2 seconds. I don't know about the rest but despite being against the lines I'm not ganking people who have been waiting for 5 mins, that would be a douche move. With no CD and no lines people might have PvP'ed a bit more, knowing that if they kill a guy it won't take him all day to get a new orb. Granted that people also would be able to leave the area much faster but if they're leaving fast they're not really the main demographics to begin with.

We will usually let at least one person turn in orbs...it cuts down on the damage via the explosion. I hold no regrets towards killing anyone and everyone in the FFA zone. This is one mission you can totally skip and be able to skip and still be able to reach max rep.

BW not making the effort to address faction imbalance is a total fail. FFA does not address this issue.

Star Wars TOR is supposed to be about the Sith vs. Republic. FFA focus totally fails to achieve this.

If FFA remains the focus of OW-PVP, then this game is for a fact a complete and utter failure.

BW obviously had their head in the sand when they decided to make faction locked toons, and made no effort to insure the factions are balanced from all aspects.

Good for you that FFA is what you want. I know for sure that most players to not want FFA and that FFA will only kill the game in the long run. All you need to do is look at Outlaw's Den and how that panned out long term.

BW not making the effort to address faction imbalance is a total fail. FFA does not address this issue.

Star Wars TOR is supposed to be about the Sith vs. Republic. FFA focus totally fails to achieve this.

If FFA remains the focus of OW-PVP, then this game is for a fact a complete and utter failure.

BW obviously had their head in the sand when they decided to make faction locked toons, and made no effort to insure the factions are balanced from all aspects.

Good for you that FFA is what you want. I know for sure that most players to not want FFA and that FFA will only kill the game in the long run. All you need to do is look at Outlaw's Den and how that panned out long term.

Well for me and everyone that I know the FFA came as a surprise. However I am still having fun but I would rather have had true open world but I can live with this. Also this is a recurring event and I bet they are listening to feedback so with luck maybe some tweaking will happen when the event comes back in the future.

The thing that's impressed me most, is the LACK of lag in the FFA area.

Even inside the dome, where everyone is parked.

I don't mind the FFA thing. I'd ultimately 'prefer' a faction based, but if there's no way to make that reasonably fair numbers wise...then this'll work.

The biggest problem with the event is the communty's lack of sportmanship. If you see two people have a fair duel, why jump in with your group of four? Same thing if a solo player, me, attacks one of you, do all of you need to attack me? I'm there for PvP and I'm usually not even bothered with the missions (read: I'm not one of those standing in line) but few are the times I actually get to have some fair fights. One would think that my duel banner gave it away.

Worst are of course those who bring their entire clan in four different groups and attack solo players. Are you really that bad ?

Had one duel against another sorc. This thing had been going on for minutes and while it was in the PvP area it was also far away from everyone els and the objectives. Some ******e had to ruin that fun of course.

So in conclusion; Haaaa!

Almost forgot, also had some a-hole taking down my HP as I was trying to heal a 16-man WB.

Seriously this is a galactic war and you want sportsmanship..... The people who fight with honor and dignity usually end up the loser

I agree, I love it too...

I never leave the fleet normally, now I dont leave Ilum... wzs seem kinda boring now.

best patch bw has done...

Concur. I haven't done a wz daily or the weekly since this patch came out. I'd rather be on ilum pvping than in the same warzones

I agree, I love it too...

I never leave the fleet normally, now I dont leave Ilum... wzs seem kinda boring now.

best patch bw has done...

I 100% agree. Awesome and really fun event. Each night has been different so far, and the good times just keep rolling. Gonna be sad to see the Gree depart in a week or so.

So in conclusion; Haaaa!

Mostly the sportsmanship. When I play the game it's to have fun, and ganking is not fun 95% of the time (For specific people I make exceptions because the reaction is too good to pass up). I run out solo while groups gank me. Oh and waiting in line is NOT fun. Imagine having invisibility/god mode hax rofl :o

que is short for nothing......

l2spell?

its funny that some people are barely able to read/write their native language

que is short for queue which is a English for waiting in LINE!!!

que is also what in spanish. The gree event rocks what the cry babies?

I think he meant cue, though and not waiting in line or what.

please invest in a dictionary if you are going to qq.

Edited by AngelofCain

Well i am sure enjoying this event,sure there is some people that are going alittle too far in the grief department but it evens out,it seems the late night peep's are alittle more crazy,which is fine but again camping any area after say 30 minutes is kinda lame imo.

Disagree with OP, I like the event, some cool rewards etc, but why is it a forced ffa PvP zone? I mean i simply want to do my dailies, and get my tokens that's it. Now luckily I have 3 50 toons so I don't have a problem getting tokens with them as well and possibly skipping the PvP missions, but i'm a whore and want them all =) Yet nearly every time I go to the PvP zone some idiot attacks me. People say oh go QQ elsewhere this is a PvP zone, put your money where your mouth is, face my main 1v1, not gang rape my alt who has 14k health with your group of 3 AFTER he's at 50% health due to taking down a group of droids, like seriously, does that give you some sense of accomplishment or something? Because you're imagining it.

Anyways, that's my take on it, I mean Ilum already has a PvP zone, go there, this is an event, and this event only lasts two weeks, not all people have 47 alts they can get more tokens on, some people need these PvP missions so dont just arrogantly say "well why dont you just not do them them can get tokens elsewhere".

/rant over

Disagree with OP, I like the event, some cool rewards etc, but why is it a forced ffa PvP zone? I mean i simply want to do my dailies, and get my tokens that's it. Now luckily I have 3 50 toons so I don't have a problem getting tokens with them as well and possibly skipping the PvP missions, but i'm a whore and want them all =) Yet nearly every time I go to the PvP zone some idiot attacks me. People say oh go QQ elsewhere this is a PvP zone, put your money where your mouth is, face my main 1v1, not gang rape my alt who has 14k health with your group of 3 AFTER he's at 50% health due to taking down a group of droids, like seriously, does that give you some sense of accomplishment or something? Because you're imagining it.

Anyways, that's my take on it, I mean Ilum already has a PvP zone, go there, this is an event, and this event only lasts two weeks, not all people have 47 alts they can get more tokens on, some people need these PvP missions so dont just arrogantly say "well why dont you just not do them them can get tokens elsewhere".

/rant over

I do understand where you're coming from, but I must respectfully disagree with you. You are not in any way forced to do the PvP quests. You have 7 days to get to the weekly reputation cap, which gives you more than enough time to reach it. And if you don't have that amount of time (1h a day or so), you can't really expect to be able to get the most coveted rewards either in this first run of the event.

You said it yourself: you want it all. And if you want it all, you'll simply have to accept that PvP will happen. It might not be nice, or even fun for you, but you're not forced in there and you can't expect people to be bound by a "code of honor" just because it's a PvE-server and you feel that you shouldn't be at risk (I'm using the word very loosely here, as it's a 10sec respawn and you're back in the area again) for going into a Free-For-All PvP zone.

Which, by the way, I think is as good as they're gonna get it in terms of combating population imbalances.

Took me 3 days of non-pvp dailies on two toons to get the proper reputation. Then did Xenoanalyst twice on both....did the other world bosses multiple times.

The PvP area should not even be a discussion. I have max faction rep, tons of rep items saved up, way too many Grey Helix components......all without doing PvP quests.

(Ok, I admit I did them once before I decided they weren't worth it)

Took me 3 days of non-pvp dailies on two toons to get the proper reputation. Then did Xenoanalyst twice on both....did the other world bosses multiple times.

The PvP area should not even be a discussion. I have max faction rep, tons of rep items saved up, way too many Grey Helix components......all without doing PvP quests.

(Ok, I admit I did them once before I decided they weren't worth it)

Seeing as they don't even give you those Components, I see no real reason to do them at all if you're not interested in PvP:ing.