Lab Animals republic side.

It was most frustrating trying to reach it and I finally had to give up. I've made it a point of pride to hit every single quest/heroic etc rather than skipping them altogether which seems to be the thing after launch.

I have no idea how we're supposed to reach them with the lvl 50 pvp droids at each of the entry points smacking us down.

Here's hoping someone had luck and can share...

I'm not sure how to do it the correct way, however if you die next to the elevator and let the droid kill you, when you resurrect, you have enough time to click the elevator and be transported to the quest area. Not the most elegant of solutions, but it let me get the quest done.

Did this quest tonight from republic side... here's the safe way.

You come into an area, behind you is some droids for another quest, in front of you is the walkway down into the pvp/imperial zone, and two side walkways (left and right). On the right walkway is a lvl 50 wtfpwnmobile guard, on the left is 1 group of 3 elites, and then to the left of said pwnmobile a group of 2 elites (I think that group of two has a champion). Those two groups can be killed, and you can walk along the left path (killing regular lvl 30 elites groups) along the way. Also, we managed to weave our way underneath following the walkway down, but it was packed with mobs.

Hope this helps, sorry that's about as descriptive as i can get.

We just had the same problem. We ended up having a smuggler friend group stealth us to the elevator on the upper floor. That got two people through - the other two had to call a med probe and travel down in the res invisibility.

... how's this even supposed to work?

• 2 weeks later...

Just hit this tonight. IMO, that entire bonus quest series is poorly designed. The fact that the aggro radium of mobs seems about twice as large here, as previous area AND that to get to where you are going or the next segment, you have to go back through the area you just cleared, that has now re-spawned.

Usually, there isn't this much "back and forth"-especially in an area where you are facing wave after wave of elites.

I have this same problem. My server has VERY few republic players on Nar Shadda. I've never seen more than 30, so getting people for the bonus quests was practically impossible. I had to wait until I was in my 40s to come back, and this quest is impossible to get to without being flagged for PVP and dying.

I sent a bug report, and I suggest everyone does this. This is obviously not a hot topic, but it needs to be fixed for us completaholics.:p

You don't have to go past the lv50 droid even though the quest marker leads you that way. Me and my friend gave up on that route and went back to another elevator and took it to the next level. I'm sorry but I forget the area name. But on this level, you can see the quest marker point to another location too which leads to an imp camp with lv50 guards down a ramp. However if you go from the side, instead of down, you fight only lv30 imp npc's and you can make your way to the elevator there.

Be warned though, it seems like the instance is in an area that is an imp questing area. So, if you are on a PvP server, except to face off with some imps on your way to this instance.

On the bright side, the actual quest is pretty easy and doesn't take too long. Not nearly as long as some of the other heroics in the Nar Shaddaa bonus area.

Edited by Claymaniac

I'm going to bump this because it still has not been addressed.

Getting to this heroic mission is the biggest navigational nightmare that I have had in this game. If you actually find the only relatively safe route to the mission (the other is guarded by a lvl 50 imperial droid), it is impossible to get to the heroic area without being flagged for PVP because you have to pass through an Empire owned area.

Once you complete the mission, the elevator that brings you back out of the area only gives you one option: it drops you out right next to that lvl 50 sith droid which will promptly murder you. The option to leave the way that you came is grayed out.

So, awesome. This mission needs some work.

I agree with the others. This quest is marked as a level 31 heroic 4. I followed the map markers right into a level 50 champion 2-hit-your-dead droid. There's no way around it other than rez stealth.

If the intent of the design is for players to die and use rez stealth, that just seems kind of cheesy way to start off a heroic. If there is another way in, please fix the map pointers because I can't find it.

well if the idea is to make you think strategy on this particular heroic 4, then BW did a great job. I discovered (by pure accident) the lvl 50 droid and after being bug splat, i used the elevator during the 8 second heal. On the other hand, I had friends in my group that drove right thru the lvl 30ish imperials on their speeder to get to the other elevator and while they did draw agro, they did not get flagged for PvP. What a wonderful ganking zone for the other side if they only waited. Anyway, I've not tried going down the left side but the loot is good enough that it's worth it to try a few more times. Cheers.

This heroic is a prank. You tell your friend to meet you there, then you laugh when they get flattened. It's not actually meant to be run. I mean, if it was, there'd be a way to, you know, get there safely. There ain't. Get your laughs and move on.

Update.

This heroic isn't difficult at all once you get to it. I suggest just letting the lvl 50 droid kill you and rez stealth down the elevator. Me (lvl 38 healer) and a 35 sentinel finished the heroic in just a few minutes and then quick traveled out. Getting there (alive) is much harder than the heroic itself.

I don't see how. On top and bottom there are lvl 30 gold npc's that you have to fight through. You can avoid the lvl 50 droids that are present via the entrance that is not marked by the map quest pointers, but you can't avoid the lvl 30 golds and silvers unless you have stealth.

Odd, my hubby and I duoed all of the bonus series on Nar Shaddaa and didn't run into any problems. I don't even remember a level 50 droid and we did ALL of the bonus series and all of the datacrons. I guess I'll have to run back over and see how we did it. I do remember some Empire characters watching us...but I guess they decided not to fight a Vanguard tank/ Scoundrel Sawbones team? It is fun to catch the imperials who accidentally wander into our base on their quests. You do have to make sure you go around their base on your way to the instance...but I'll log in when I'm home from work and see if I can find the exact route we took.

Odd, my hubby and I duoed all of the bonus series on Nar Shaddaa and didn't run into any problems. I don't even remember a level 50 droid and we did ALL of the bonus series and all of the datacrons. I guess I'll have to run back over and see how we did it. I do remember some Empire characters watching us...but I guess they decided not to fight a Vanguard tank/ Scoundrel Sawbones team? It is fun to catch the imperials who accidentally wander into our base on their quests. You do have to make sure you go around their base on your way to the instance...but I'll log in when I'm home from work and see if I can find the exact route we took.

I have scouted this heroic for a few days. Just to be sure we are discussing the same thing, this quest doesn't show up until you complete all the other ones.

There are two ways to enter the Republic Research Division. One, which the green map pointers direct you to, is fully guarded by a lvl 50 imperial droid. There is no way through as a lvl 30ish player unless you stealth or rez stealth. The other way takes you through the Network Security District in the Industrial Sector. This way also has lvl 50 droids on the upper and lower levels...but you can go around them if careful. But this area has tons of lvl 30-32 gold's and silvers and is also a very active imperial area, at least on my moderately populated server.

I don't know if these areas have been changed between the times you guys did it and yesterday or what but there is obviously something I am overlooking. Just to reiterate, there are level 50 droids guarding both entrances to Lab Animals, one direction it is unavoidable, the other you can dance around it but will wade through quite a few golds, silvers and actual players to get to it.

Once you get to it, it's a piece of cake though.

Edited by Wepo

I don't know if these areas have been changed between the times you guys did it and yesterday or what but there is obviously something I am overlooking. Just to reiterate, there are level 50 droids guarding both entrances to Lab Animals, one direction it is unavoidable, the other you can dance around it but will wade through quite a few golds, silvers and actual players to get to it.

Once you get to it, it's a piece of cake though.

I don't remember any 50s on the "safe" route in. They weren't really a threat.

Other players and getting flagged? Well, the bonus series *is* one of the big crossover points between the two factions (and was even more when it came before Tat). But you can pop safely into the instance quickly after beating the not-very-tough ramp guards, and if you're trying to *drive* your way out afterwards instead of QTing... why are you doing that!?

I don't remember any 50s on the "safe" route in. They weren't really a threat.

Other players and getting flagged? Well, the bonus series *is* one of the big crossover points between the two factions (and was even more when it came before Tat). But you can pop safely into the instance quickly after beating the not-very-tough ramp guards, and if you're trying to *drive* your way out afterwards instead of QTing... why are you doing that!?

I play on a pvp server so getting flagged is zero problem. But those on pve servers will get flagged and potentially be attacked attempting to do this mission. I've seen lots of complaints about forced pvp and on a pve server I believe they are valid. Again, I play on pvp server so expect nothing less.

The main point was heroics are usually tougher than the route to get to them. I'm lvl 39 and every heroics was a climax of difficulty. Lab Animals, either direction is what you would call anti-climatic. Maybe it's designed that way to change things up. *shrug*

Also, as a minor point, the green map markers point you to the toughest way...directly to a lvl 50 droid that's unavoidable. You should go check the alternate route again. I just did. There are level 50 droids anyway you attempt to go in this heroic. One route through the network security district can be carefully walked around but the other can not.

And no one said anything about driving out. I quick traveled. I'll be damned if I'm going to incur more repair charges than I had before I got in the actual heroic.

Edited by Wepo