Backstory for YOUR main character?

KozmicKorpse

I always find myself creating new Alts, even if I have done the story 100 times over, because i like creating backstories/origin stories for each new character. What is your backstory/lore around YOUR main character? I would love to hear what you have in store!

The character I considered my main was a miralian consular, but I've recently been replaying the story with a Chiss character (essentially the same character, but I find that the conflicting origin between the Chiss race and force sensitive class of Jedi Consular just feels a bit more fun to play).

I'm no expert on Star Wars lore (SWTOR is actually my only experience with the frenchise) but as far as I understand the Chiss look down upon force users, or at least Chiss force users within their nation, (if this is wrong, please correct me). So I have taken to imagine that my Chiss consular was an orphan on a non-imperial world who was discovered by a jedi while she was very little.

I feel like the beginning of the consular story suggests that you have at least been with the order for a while, but I don't quite understand why Yuon is your first master then, I never really looked into it but to Jedi have some sort of system they use for children before being assigned to a master?

Anyway, the basic story is just that I like to imagine that she grew up in the order as a result of this background.

Before I start with this let me preface that since I haven't written anything yet and this is all headcanon the backstory for my main character, Harbinger, is likely to change in a few details but long story short he's the son of a few influential and minor Sith Lords in charge of excavations in certain parts of Korriban. His mother manipulated his father into siring a son, so that she could raise him to be essentially her powerful right-hand (As well as having somebody from a powerful bloodline AKA a possible descendant of Ragnos whose blood could unlock the Holocron within the Sith Lord's tomb), for a few years that worked out on her favor until Harbinger's father found out about her plans and attacks her stronghold. He's able to kill her but his son sees it all and kills his father in a fit of rage (His mother manipulated him into hating his own father, and he was a harsh father but ultimately loving where as she put a facade of love but didn't really cared), after that debacle happens his mother's apprentice takes over the expeditions but Harbinger himself is sentenced to slavery as he gets the blame for all the bantha poodoo that went down.

I'm trying to come up with a backstory for my Imp characters. My marauder and mercenary are twin sisters. My sniper and sorcerer are brothers, the sniper the older brother. Both sets of siblings adopted into an imperial/sith family.

My question, what's the time frame from the beginning of the class story, to where we are now?

My question, what's the time frame from the beginning of the class story, to where we are now?

The game starts around 3643 BBY, for now the best guess as to what the timeline is that 12/13 years have passed so the current year would be around 3631 BBY or 3630 BBY. But again, that is merely a guess. Since Bioware hasn't said something like "Ossus is set during 3630 BBY."

Hi guys,

Here's the back story of my bounty hunter character - Corric Vess. :)

Corric Vess was born in Coruscant and the only child of Merric Sloan, a Republic diplomat and Kara Vess, a Mandalorian exile who fell in love with Merric during peace negotiations between the Republic and the Deathwatch at Mandalore.

At a young age, Corric was found gifted in many forms of competitive sport, particularly in blaster shooting and hand to hand combat. Many of his teachers believed that Corric was born to be a fighter rather than a diplomat, much to the displeasure of Merric who has been trying to groom his son to take over his position in the Republic Senate one day. Corric’s mother on the other hand encouraged him to develop his gifts and even schooled him in Mandalorian lore and history.

When he was old enough to travel alone, Corric left his home at Coruscant and travelled to Mandalore, hoping that he would get the opportunity to trace his mother’s humble origins and be accepted into a Mandalorian tribe for further training. While visiting a local town, Corric was caught in the middle of a war between two waring Mandalorian factions – the Deathwatch and a rebel Mandalorian tribe. Corric was captured by a rebel Mandalorian warrior during the battle and was brought back to the rebel hideout.

Forced to serve the tribe as a slave with the rest of the prisoners of war, Corric soon found favour in Reagar Dyre, the leader of the rebel Mandalorian tribe and the great great grandson of bounty hunter Rohlan Dyre. Reagar took Corric under his wing and trained him in the Mandalorian customs and warfare.

For many years, Corric participated in many of Reagar’s skirmishes to wrestle control of Mandalore from the Deathwatch and grew up to be a battle-harden young man. He was eventually gifted with Rohlan Dyre’s Mandalorian armor by Reagar. Soon, news came from Coruscant that his parents Merric and Kara were killed in a bombing, which prompted Corric to abandon his adopted Mandalorian family and return to Coruscant.

Refusing to accept that his parents’ death was coincidental, Corric broke into the Republic security archive and managed to retrieve all the evidence and reports. He soon began his own investigation and eventually met up with an undercover informant, who told him that the bomb was planted at the conference to take out all Republic diplomats, not just his parents.

Corric soon tracked the assassin down to Nar Shaddaa and forced him to reveal the mastermind of the bombing, which turned out to be Sith Commander Darth Tormen. Corric discovered that in order the attract the attention of Darth Tormen, he needs to first develop a reputation as the galaxy’s most notorious bounty hunter.

Corric began taking small time bounty hunting jobs at Nar Shadda and came into contact with Braden, a retired bounty hunter who sees potential in him. Braden agreed to negotiate with Nemro the Hutt in Hutta about sponsoring Corric into the Great Hunt.

(Story continues in SWTOR)

Edited by AndricStarr

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the main vanilla story, I adhere to the story as much as possible.

My character's backstory. He's a lightside Cathar Sith Sorcerer, and I think the backstory let me have some fun. I don't usually headcanon things in the game unless it as far as I can tell, won't interfere too badly with the main stories/expansion, etc., but I wanted to craft my character and his family and background, so, yeah I did and here it is below, an abbreviated version:

Sorcer Name: Raion'Sosara, Alliance Commander, formerly Darth Imperius of the Dark Council (side note about the name, yeah, I tend to just Google Translate or app translation from English to <insert language> for my characters so Sorcerer's Name in english in Lion Sorcerer. But to add lore and background to his name in the game, since his family were slaves, the men in his family incorporated the name of their Father into their name in a way to show where they came from, who they come from. The Raion in his name is his Father's name, while the Sosara is his actual/given name, but most still tend to call him Raion.

My sorcerer is the adopted child of Lord Zanisk and Lord Adacin (the two Sith featured in the Inferno Uprising). Raion's birth parents (human father, cathar mother... his Cathar features are said to favor his mother) were slaves of the two sith. Two months before his birth, Raion's father was traded to another Sith where he was ultimately killed after he was captured by his new masters after he tried to escape to see the birth of his son. Raion's mother had been ill during the last couple of weeks before his birth due to an spreading illness epidemic spreading amongst the various slaves of the Sith. As she was dying giving birth, Raion's mother's dying words as he was born were for her masters, Zanisk and Adacin, to take her son on as their own son, which they did.

My notes: With regards to the above, since I played Raion as light side, and if I'm going to have to suffer through the Valkorion family drama, I also decided to headcanon some family drama for my character. It was the only way to get through the expansions:

Skipping ahead to KOTFE, by the time KOTFE rolls around, after the death of Marr, and the disappearance of Raion, Zanisk and Adacin grew increasinlgy upset with the Sith Empire's handling, or non-handling, of the Zakuul threat, fled to their powerbase on Ord Mantel with their followers, and Sith/Empire survivors and sympathizers of the tragedy of Darth Marr. When he was young, Adacin and Zanisk always taught Raion to harness the lightside... or as they'd say, "Show the galaxy the light in the darkness", but after Zakuul conquering the Empire and Republic, the Death of Marr, and the disappearance of their son, they ultimately fell to the dark side.

Skipping ahead to Inferno. Raion never thought he'd be given the Intel for this mission. A group of Sith posing a threat to the Alliance, more specifically, his parents. To keep this short, parents too far gone in their hatred and the dark side and their plotting and scheming against Zakuul, Sith Empire, Republic, the Alliance, Raion had to end their suffering. After killing his parents, Raion cleansed them back to the light, and their spirits wander the Yavin family compound Raion and his parents would call their Sith Academy (which basically means, I have the Adacin and Zanisk holo personnel decorating my Yavin SH).

I know it's lame, but I was coming up with it after going through my millionth run of KOTFE/KOTET.

I wanted to update also with my Sorcerer, Raion, his older sister, the former Empire's/Emperor's Wrath, and the Outlander, Koneko.

They aren't related, but just both adopted by Zanisk and Adacin. I play her lightside just like Raion. She's older than Raion by ten years. I picture their ages at the start of vanilla, she's 26, he's a baby at 16.

But to her backstory, I don't want a long wall of text, so I'll try to keep it short. Her parents were Cathar (her features favor her father), her father was discovered to be force sensitive by a team of Sith (which included Zanisk and Adacin) and he was forced to become one (still working out specifics, this is just the general idea). Koneko's father was a prospective Sith, her mother an Imperial Citizen. He trained under Zanisk and Adacin, and became their ally and part of their powerbase.

When Koneko was a five, her parents were assassinated by a group of Human and Purebloods who were upset that a lowly Cathar was allowed into the fold and allowed to sully the integrity and legacy of the Sith. She was adopted by her parents friends and allies, Zanisk and Adacin. Five years later, Raion was born.

Zanisk trained Koneko and she spent years as his personal bodyguard before being allowed to train at Korriban. The same would happen with Raion and Adacin.

Moving more into current stories, she's the Outander, she's the one Arcann and Vaylin hunted. She's the one Valkorion wants to inhabit. Raion's actually jealous. They were captured by Arcann together. They were rescued by Lana together. And he may be the Alliance Commander (still plotting specifics, but basically it boils down to little brother wanted to defend his sister), but Koneko is the one everyone is in a hoopla over. He's really jealous after Arcann only broadcasts about Koneko during their escape and adventures through Zakuul.

Going into Inferno, while Raion was troubled with their parents as highilighted above in the post about him, Koneko saw it as the final piece of her training.

Edited by absolutetristan

• 3 weeks later...

Nothing really for my main-main character, my Jedi Guardian. He was born on some world that I haven't even decided yet, found out to be a Force sensitive and then trained.

My smuggler, though, she probably has most backstory, as she's the great-great-etc grandmother of my main Star Wars tabletop gaming character. I say that soon before the opening mission on Ord Mantell, she was the only survivor of a crew that ran afoul of two feuding Hutts. She lived, barely, and escaped Nal Hutta, using what few credits she had left to get a new name and identity before setting off for what she thought would be one final run.

Sith Inquisitor and Jedi Consular, twins separated at birth, leading different walks of life that are parallel to each other.

The Inquisitor lived a life as a slave, and happened upon her powers by accident. in her mind at the time, she thought she was just redirecting the electricity of the shock collar onto her masters, not realizing she was using Force Lightning at the time. I like to think she spends most of the main story not knowing what it means to be a Sith, or even a person, as its a struggle of survival and freedom, until she takes the seat at the Dark Council.

Meanwhile the Consular lived her life at the Jedi Enclave, where others belittled her as she was prone to some bursts of anger, which had her working even harder to maintain control and calm that Jedi have. She looked up to Syo as a father figure, and so most of the main story she portrays the exemplar image of a Jedi, but upon Syo being called First Son, her anger takes over for a time. She's hesitant to take a seat at the council, but ends up taking it shortly after Ilum.

These two clash a few times, but no matter when they clash, they were always equals to the point they canceled each other's powers out. However, when they work together, their powers magnify, and they become quite the force to be reckon with.

My Sith Inquisitor was a slave who was the bastard offspring of some random Sith Lord. The Lord couldn't have this embarrassment running around causing a ruckus, but he also found himself unwilling to slaughter the infant or abandon it. He decided he would do the next best thing: Scrocai became his slave. He was treated as well as any slave in the Empire could be expected, which is to say, as little more than a target dummy for his 'father's' angry spells. The saving 'grace,' however, was the Sith Lord's legitimate son: a warrior prodigy on his was to entering the Academy on Korriban under Overseer Tremel and Darth Baras. This blossoming warrior, Xalikos, knew the truth of his father's favored slave and decided to act in a way that would make most Sith Lord vomit in disgust. He befriended his half-brother; he would not abandon him. He slipped him food whenever he could, in addition to secret hours training in combat. Turns out, it was Xalikos who discovered his brother was force sensitive and helped to get him in to the Academy as a freed slave.

Xalikos' compassion had several lasting effects on Scrocai. First, it kept him from becoming jaded and sadistic. Most Sith who are pained tend to pass that pain on to others. Not Scrocai: throughout his rise to the Dark Council as Darth Nox, he kept his emotions from driving him to sadism. Xalikos also gave Scrocai a form of patriotic love for the Empire. Hours spent outside under the night sky discussing the lore of Naga Sadow and Marka Ragnos showed Scrocai what the Empire could be; all it would take would be "strong, rational rulership." The best day of Scrocai's life was when his brother, the newly dubbed "Empire's Wrath," stood by his side as he ascended to his new position on the Dark Council.

The worst day was when he learned of his brother's fate at the hands of a mysterious pair of twin conquerors who attacked Korriban. Scrocai made sure his brother was buried with full Sith honors in the tomb of Naga Sadow before joining Darth Marr on a mission of vengeance into deep space.

Edited by ApollosNight

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, this is leaning into some 'Legacy System/Family Tree' stuff, so do forgive me.

Darth Ricimer, is a Sith Sorcerer from the early days of Emperor Vitiate's reign. Loyal enough to the Emperor to not be suspected of treachery, and powerful enough not to be challenged needlessly. He mostly stayed to the rocky moon that he all but ruled, working on all sorts of dark and vile stuff to extend his own life.

Eventually, a rival did emerge. A member of the Kallig line, that actually managed to invade Ricimer's moon. But, alas, was defeated in the end. To ensure that his enemies line was utterly crushed, he ensured their future Slavery, and the rise of the future Darth Occlus, the famed Sith Assassin. This in turn led to the return of the 'Noble and Storied House of Kallig' a number of centuries later, with Occlus' daughters becoming the Emperor's Wrath and Cipher Nine respectively.

When the Chiss made their alliance with the Empire, he sought out any Force Users amongst them. This led to an exodus of a number of Chiss families to the Republic, which eventually led to the Jedi Knight Treya Vau becoming 'The Hero of Tython'. This also led to the famous Chiss Smuggler, 'Nexubait' to rise in infamy.

It was around this time that Ricimer found a young Miraluka Jedi, Sennari. He took the girl as an acolyte, and sent her back into the Jedi Order as an infiltrator, where she later became the Barsen'thor..under his direction, of course.

So that's Ricimer. The architect of pretty much all of my Legacy, and a genuinely awesome chessmastery antagonist. The Trooper and Bounty Hunter are there somewhere too.

This is one of my "mains", I have a few {2 on each server)

One of my mains on Satele Shan is Sonak.

He and his older brother Dokoras grew up on the Chiss homeworld. While both of them were trained in the Chiss military, Dokoras didn't like the structure and left after preliminary training, and he struck out on his own, becoming a famous bounty hunter. He was the father of two twins (his wife was a force sensitive but did not divulge that information to the authorities, as it was something not encouraged in Chiss society). When Dokoras struck out on his own, he still sent money back home to care for his children, and Sonak looked out for his nieces as well. Both of them turned out to be force sensitive.

When Sonak finished preliminary training in the ascendancy and went into intelligence on that world. He was successfully infliltrated into the Empire, and started his work in the Empire's intelligence service.

One day his nieces and sister-in-law were traveling (on a civilian freighter) through Hutt space, near Nar Shaddaa. They were intercepted by a pirate ship, and their mother was killed although she put up a strong fight and was force sensitive, she had never been trained to actually use the force in combat). The two girls were taken and sold to a Hutt slaver.

The Hutt in turn sold them to two different owners. The first, an imperial officer, figured out that Chaya was force-sensitive and sent her to Korriban for a substantial bonus (plus it helped his career to have an "in" with the Sith).

The second was an elderly couple, distant cousins of house Cortess on Alderaan who were relatively kind in their treatment of Palleona, but she was still a slave.

By this time Sonak had become disillusioned of the Empire, and told his story to the Jedi. He also told them about his nieces. The niece on Alderaan he had briefly encountered during his stay there (one reason he didn't let Vector let the house be joiners to the Killiks- he wanted his niece to survive as a Chiss). He bargained with the old couple to free her (he gave them a substantial amount of credits and a droid to attend to them) and with the Jedi to take her with them to Tython for training.

See? If the Valkorians can have a soap opera, so can my characters...:D

Long time ago, in galaxy far away, lived Imperial Legend, Archiss Invictimus. After having defeated Emperor of Zakuul, Archiss assumed title of "Emperor and Galactic Commander". Altough he has not received universal recognition, major factions in galaxy recognize his immense power. Once member of Imperial Intelligence, now Sith Empire is no longer able to force their will on Archiss. Empress and Dark Council negotiate with him as an equal ally of Empire, and unwilling to have him as their enemy, even allowed him to retain his autonomy from Empire. Archiss has gathered loyal group of allies, many of whom are legends of their own, commonly referred to as Alliance. Many members of Invictimus, including brother of Archiss, Irachiss, are part of the alliance. However not all members of Invictimus recognize Archiss as their leader. Most notably triplets Wehirse, Arcumid and Bragorrus, Sith Lords and Dark side fanatics, have each made their own claim to Eternal Throne.

Some details about group known as Invictimus remain unclear. Even name is claimed to be anachronistic, but most experts agree that at least some members of Invcitimus legacy used that name themselves. Altough it is clear that they were different inviduals, it is unknown which of them really killed Emperor of Zakuul. It may be that none of them were even involved, and story was later made up for propaganda, eventually evolving into legend.

Details about Archiss the Invictimus's history are almost completely unknown, most likely due to his involvement in Imperial Intelligence, later becoming Sith Intelligence Commander and his disputed ascension to Eternal Throne. It is known that at some point in his life he gained enough knowldege about Force to rival many Sith or Jedi. He made multiple allies among both Sith and Jedi orders, some of whom started referring to themselves as Invictimus, like it would be a family name. It may have started as lifetime recognition of their alliance. After having gained legendary status, rival claimants to the title started to appear, like pretenders to a monarch, each claiming to be rightful Invictimus.

Records about the entire Invictimus group are as varied and inaccurate as history books written about them.

Following record has been -:-erased-:-redacted-:-

End of recording.

The main charater did not born in the current galaxy. He, and many other characters are agents from another galaxy. There every system is united into a single nation, and no real conflict happened in the past hundreds of years. This lead them to a bit of overcrowding, and as a solution they seek other galaxies to fill. But before they send trillions there preparations must be made.

The goal is to infiltrate main factions, gather information, and either eliminate, or change them before the next portal opening. The Republic turned out to be compatible, and may allowed to exist as it is. The Empire however must be dealt with.

Even with their outstanding technology. Traveling between the galaxies is difficult, and it takes 10 years to open the next portal. So until then. All agents are stucked.