Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR Autumn Roadmap 2017

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Costello
10.06.2017 , 09:38 AM | #671
Respawn times are not the way to fix the issue of kill stealing.

Lets say the game does better after the mergers (I know its unlikely as people will be pissed at the loss of their name, rp servers or whatever else) and there are lots of people about. Your out doing a quest kill 10 of this and then one of that. You are having fun killing away then you get to the one of that and there is a queue. So you stand in line and 8 minutes later your up, and then someone steals your kill. Okay only a 2 min wait, only when that spawns someone steals your kill, you waited inline patiently and now your being screwed. Sure your pissed at the kill stealer but more pissed that the game lets them get away with it and actively encourages it, his not wasted 10 minutes to try and complete the quest, his off to the next thing. While you who waited patiently are punished. That its a two minute wait is less annoying than the fact that you are wasting your time cause the game is so stupid it only allows the first person to attack a target credit.

So far better the kill/credit system is redesigned to allow anyone that does say 3% damage to a target gets credit.

Tsillah
10.06.2017 , 09:49 AM | #672
Quote: Originally Posted by ceciltaru View Post
The instances referenced here would be content, not the number of people on a planet/fleet/etc...

For example, the Possessed Hunter HEROIC on DK, is not instanced, with a 5 minute respawn on the target. Because some people don't group up, it can take a long time to actually do this.

I can't see them redoing the instances for the Saving Face HEROIC on Corsucant or the Mutations Heroic on Taris because there are already instances tied to those heroics, but they could definitely fix the respawn timer on the enemies.
The planetary instances are there to reduce lag and also to make sure not too many people are fighting over the same objectives.

Regardless of whether or not parts of heroics are instanced, I do believe that part of the solution lies in limiting the amount of people per instance but as I said they are also looking into respawn timers and such on certain heroics and together I hope that will create a better situation.

Ath the same time I don't think the heroics should've become part of endgame as they have. It destroyed the daily areas until the rewards there were accidentally upped there. Now people do dailies again. This is also a drawback of the GC system. The one size fits all approach herds people to where the easy cxp is made and credits second.

They're going to reduce the cost for the Iokath dailies but who cares? Unless they are more rewarding than other dailies or the heroics, nobody's really going to care about them really. I think they'll have to do some event to get people to come to Iokath to try them out again or it's just going to fizzle out again.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

Lakemine
10.06.2017 , 10:04 AM | #673
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post

Lets say the game does better after the mergers (I know its unlikely as people will be pissed at the loss of their name, rp servers or whatever else) and there are lots of people about. Your out doing a quest kill 10 of this and then one of that. You are having fun killing away then you get to the one of that and there is a queue. So you stand in line and 8 minutes later your up, and then someone steals your kill. Okay only a 2 min wait, only when that spawns someone steals your kill, you waited inline patiently and now your being screwed. Sure your pissed at the kill stealer but more pissed that the game lets them get away with it and actively encourages it, his not wasted 10 minutes to try and complete the quest, his off to the next thing. While you who waited patiently are punished. That its a two minute wait is less annoying than the fact that you are wasting your time cause the game is so stupid it only allows the first person to attack a target credit.

So far better the kill/credit system is redesigned to allow anyone that does say 3% damage to a target gets credit.
100% Agreed. I wish and hope they would redesign the combat system here, to like how it is in GW2. Kill stealing and mat node stealing NEVER HAPPENS THERE!!! (Ok...fine some kill stealing, but its small enough it not a big issue, and the mat nodes are PER account, meaning when you see a node and you see that afk farming going to get it, you don't need to race them there, when you get there, you can pick up the node too! Sharing is caring!) In GW2 you get rewards based on your credit, more coin, exp and karma for more damage, based on a gold, silver and bronze badge system. Which I know is WAY to much of a overhaul of the system for them atm, but they could redesign so that if people hit the boss or champ spawn, they get credit for it, for the missions, daily areas and heroics. Heck, if they did redesign it, we wouldn't be stuck with only 16-24 people on world bosses, Revan's Walker, Ancient Threat, and more people could join in and get it down more often, and people would be punished for getting there late or wasn't on the planet when the group was put together!
I love Star Wars.

Lakemine
10.06.2017 , 10:09 AM | #674
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
The planetary instances are there to reduce lag and also to make sure not too many people are fighting over the same objectives.

Regardless of whether or not parts of heroics are instanced, I do believe that part of the solution lies in limiting the amount of people per instance but as I said they are also looking into respawn timers and such on certain heroics and together I hope that will create a better situation.

Ath the same time I don't think the heroics should've become part of endgame as they have. It destroyed the daily areas until the rewards there were accidentally upped there. Now people do dailies again. This is also a drawback of the GC system. The one size fits all approach herds people to where the easy cxp is made and credits second.

They're going to reduce the cost for the Iokath dailies but who cares? Unless they are more rewarding than other dailies or the heroics, nobody's really going to care about them really. I think they'll have to do some event to get people to come to Iokath to try them out again or it's just going to fizzle out again.
I know I don't do the Iokath dailys because they are to stupid. The map is a mess, and to stupid to move around. Also, those dailys are RNG, cant plan a path way to traverse. Also, with them being RNG, I am still missing about 4-6 achievements for them because THEY NEVER SHOW UP. And yes the rewards are lame. Same with dailys, I did them, but now since I have all the AP there, and their rewards are getting removed in 4 days (nerfed) the only time I would do them is the one time quest for them, (oh wait that's right some were removed ) and to map it on every character. Heroics have more rewards for less time, just wish things cost less. (Just wish the boxes were currency based on blooming galaxy RNG)
I love Star Wars.

Astromancy
10.06.2017 , 11:22 AM | #675
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Basically, there is a new perk that you can purchase. That perk increases the CXP you earn in your Legacy by 25-100%. What the % is, is determined by how many CR 300 characters you have. My understanding is that you need 4 characters at 300 for the 100%, but I will verify.

-eric
Eric, where do we buy the new perk?

Tsillah
10.06.2017 , 11:25 AM | #676
Quote: Originally Posted by Astromancy View Post
Eric, where do we buy the new perk?
This perk already exists. You can buy it as soon as your reach level 300 on a toon for 2 million credits. The update will make the perk better, but the perk is already in the game.
Don't freak out, I'm just here by the grace of a referal. Nothing more.

IoNonSoEVero
10.06.2017 , 11:58 AM | #677
Quote: Originally Posted by ceciltaru View Post
The instances referenced here would be content, not the number of people on a planet/fleet/etc...

For example, the Possessed Hunter HEROIC on DK, is not instanced, with a 5 minute respawn on the target. Because some people don't group up, it can take a long time to actually do this.

I can't see them redoing the instances for the Saving Face HEROIC on Corsucant or the Mutations Heroic on Taris because there are already instances tied to those heroics, but they could definitely fix the respawn timer on the enemies.
Even grouping won't necessarily help. With Possessed Hunter, for instance, okay, now you've got ten groups instead of ten single players fighting to get the target first. Instancing seems the only way to make heroics like those doable.

DarthSpuds
10.06.2017 , 12:11 PM | #678
Quote: Originally Posted by Eshvara View Post
Well, Keith did spend quite a while answering questions after the stream.
Yes he did, and that is appreciated.

However, if you were unable to participate in the Stream you seem to have missed any chance of getting questions answered.

The First and Primary avenue of communications between Bioware and the Players should (indeed MUST) be these Forums.

Unfortunately that has never once been the case in the entire history of the game.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Costello
10.06.2017 , 02:36 PM | #679
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
Yes he did, and that is appreciated.

However, if you were unable to participate in the Stream you seem to have missed any chance of getting questions answered.

The First and Primary avenue of communications between Bioware and the Players should (indeed MUST) be these Forums.

Unfortunately that has never once been the case in the entire history of the game.

All The Best
Agreed.

And it shouldn't be PM's either.

If they are going to have more communication it should be on the forums where everyone can read what is said and all questions are answered. As it stands it seems questions are cherry picked so as to only provide meaningless answers, I am sure if someone to asking Keith what his favorite colour was that would get a response because it looks like communication but doesn't tell anyone anything interesting.

And sure I get it, be political, answer the questions you wished people had asked and not the difficult ones, but then you are just ignoring the issues and doing nothing to fix the problem. But at least everyone will know your favorite colour is blue while you wonder why you went from having to open more servers at launch to now being down to five.

Suzsi
10.06.2017 , 05:19 PM | #680
Quote: Originally Posted by Costello View Post

In the secret world legends ( formerly the Secret World ) any damage to a quest target gets credit so anyone around trying to do the same quest who hits the targ even once gets credit. It works very well and eliminates all issues of kill stealing.