Gear bound to legacy: Working as intended?

Arancha

I noticed that the gear set (shells) purchased from the General stats vendor are legacy bound, but the gear sold by the specific class vendors is bound on equip. I was wondering if this is the way it is going to work in 6.0 or if it is a bug.

Wait a second... am I going to need a seperate set bonus for every character now rather than sharing one set between all of them of the same class/spec, since the shells that contain the set bonus (since they moved it from the armoring) are BoE?

This will be very... perturbing.

So much for play your way and easy gear sharing, I guess.

Wait a second... am I going to need a seperate set bonus for every character now rather than sharing one set between all of them of the same class/spec, since the shells that contain the set bonus (since they moved it from the armoring) are BoE?

It would be nice to get confirmation of this being a bug and not intended. Because if it is intended, it really sucks.

Erhm ....... regardless whether this is a bug or not (I guess it is).

General sets = good for any class and need to be shareable

Class specific sets = only good for the class you are playing. Using a sorc setbonus on a merc wouldnt make sense for example.

In short. While I do agree the class shells also need to be legacy wide, its less a hassle then you make it out to be.

Class specific sets = only good for the class you are playing. Using a sorc setbonus on a merc wouldnt make sense for example.

In short. While I do agree the class shells also need to be legacy wide, its less a hassle then you make it out to be.

I think we were all thinking about the possibility of sharing gear between rep/imp classes: operative/scoundrel, vanguard/powertech ... It is what we are doing now using legacy gear because the set bonus is in the armoring. Now if this is not a bug and it is working as intended ... it sucks big time.

I think we were all thinking about the possibility of sharing gear between rep/imp classes: operative/scoundrel, vanguard/powertech ... It is what we are doing now using legacy gear because the set bonus is in the armoring. Now if this is not a bug and it is working as intended ... it sucks big time.

Once again Tech classes may be at a disadvantage since their off-hands are different in mirror classes. Unless a Vibroknife can transform to a off-hand blaster pistol etc.

This comes from the Reddit AMA post.

Question - “What will be the base gear rating at the beginning of Onslaught? Also will all of the new gear be Bind on Legacy?”

Answer -

We're still deciding exactly where the item rating will start and end in Onslaught. The intent is that every new item in 6.0 will be bound to legacy.

Question - “Since all new gear is no-legacy bound, would I be correct to assume that I will not be able to sell or buy it from GTN anymore?”

Answer -

Let me clarify this:

• Anything that is currently dropping as Bind on Pickup will now be Bound To Legacy.

• Anything that is currently dropping as Bind on Equip (Primarily crafted items) is now Bind on Legacy on Equip (BOLOE)
    This means anything you could have sold before, you still can do so. It just now has a legacy component once it is equipped.

If you're seeing things that are BtC then it's very likely a bug, maybe make a bug report in the PTS forum, or something that's going to be changed prior to launch.

This is why I specifically included for the class/spec. I have upwards of 10 guardians on SF now. Gearing all of them individually is going to be a pain that would keep me from playing the other classes I enjoy.

Reading other answers here convinces me not to get angry... yet. Heres hoping it's a bug. I remember us thinking the bind to slot mods and enhancements was a bug too though.

Not for me, this is how it looks:

General Set Equipment is BoL

Powertech Equipment is BoE

Mercenary Equipment is BoE

Sniper Equpment is BoE

Operative Equipment is BoE

Marauder Equpment is BoL

Juggernaut is BoL

Sorcerer Equipment is BoL

Assassin Equipment is BoL

It looks to be a bug concerning the latest sets, I reported it in the bug section.

Edited by Arancha

If that is true our current legacy gear will be useless.... cosmetic only... what a joke. :(