This is a really great game, but PvP needs some help.

Mozeph

I really hate to complain, this is a really good game in all aspects to me except PvP. I just dont understand why there are not bracketed queues that are cross server, bolstered stats does not make up for lack of abilites you get at higher levels. Right now Im playing a level 20 gunslinger smuggler and its not very fun in PvP, I do great questing and in group content as DPS but fail huge in PvP. And the lag is horrible and buggy in battlegrounds to, I have no trouble in anyother aspect of the game with lag or glitches. I hate to complain on such a great game BioWare has made, I just hope the PvP aspect gets better. Oh and if anyone has any gunslinger smuggler PvP advice I would very much be thankful.

TBH, the bolster and non bracketed pvp is the only thing that really can help you. Based on what your saying, smuggler in your opinion is not an early bloomer for pvp. As a sorc I would probably destroy you if we were bracketed since this class shines early game. Instead of complaining about what you think should be changed about brackets wzs etc, access where your class receives its best potential chance to win and work with that.

Another option (which most players come from hand-fed games dont do) is to record your gameplay. Back in DAOC I would record most of my fights and watch the video to see where you can improve, where mistakes are made, and where you did really good.

Do you think a football team goes and drinks beer and plays poker on its non practice days? They are hitting the films 24/7. Football is a game, SWTOR is a game. To be better you need to fix what you do, not the game.

Give it some time, things will surely improve.

And if you're having some issues with lag and framerates, it maybe time for hardware upgrades. I have two systems, one with a dual-core based and ATI card thats 1 1/2 years old and it strruggles in the same regards you stated. Also have a newer i5 based w/ GTX 570 system and it runs and plays swtor flawless.

TBH, the bolster and non bracketed pvp is the only thing that really can help you. Based on what your saying, smuggler in your opinion is not an early bloomer for pvp. As a sorc I would probably destroy you if we were bracketed since this class shines early game. Instead of complaining about what you think should be changed about brackets wzs etc, access where your class receives its best potential chance to win and work with that.

Another option (which most players come from hand-fed games dont do) is to record your gameplay. Back in DAOC I would record most of my fights and watch the video to see where you can improve, where mistakes are made, and where you did really good.

Do you think a football team goes and drinks beer and plays poker on its non practice days? They are hitting the films 24/7. Football is a game, SWTOR is a game. To be better you need to fix what you do, not the game.

Im just goin to keep playing smuggler for now, I enjoy the story line and retry PvP at later levels. Im not stranger to PvP in MMO's, it was the only thing I did in WoW and even SWG. If smuggler doesnt work for me I will try another class.

Give it some time, things will surely improve.

And if you're having some issues with lag and framerates, it maybe time for hardware upgrades. I have two systems, one with a dual-core based and ATI card thats 1 1/2 years old and it strruggles in the same regards you stated. Also have a newer i5 based w/ GTX 570 system and it runs and plays swtor flawless.

I have an Asus G7 gaming laptop with I7 core and the works, my hardware is fine. I went into the ATI CCC video card settings and turned everything down there and in the in game graphic settings, no help there. My connection is good to, my latencey is great so not sure whats killing me.. Im use to lag with other games and computers but this is the worst even with my best internet connection and hardware

Football is a game for me, for you and most people but football players. For a football player football is a job, let's keep Swtor a game please. Had enough of Wow with its elitists and pvpers with premades and teamspeak. People should relearn to play mmorpgs for what they are: simple games to enjoy spare time and relax. Sorry, as op said, this game is great, so far the best mmorpg in my opinion. Not the same about pvp.

Edit: i don't think there are games where pvp is balanced anyway, the only thing that could balance a game is to have just one class. Only option i would give is the chance to choose the appearance of the character. Then and only then pvp could be balanced, with no premades of course. Not nice, i know, players would face that they are not that good and that scares most.

Edited by Frnnd

I played a game, long ago, Knight Online, it was almost all pvp related and to gain experience and level up i had to play in open world pvp areas. I enjoyed pvp...

WoW ruined my perdpective of pvp. To be good at pvp in WoW and Swtor we don't need to be skilled, i know that. We only need to make a premade.

Also played Warhammer Online for a few months. Same thing again, all premades and teamspeak. Little groups are doomed, with or without teamspeak. Where is the fun in that? Where are the skills of those that outnumber small groups?

That's my point. I love mmorpgs, i like to pvp a lot. But it has to be fair, no advantage to anybody. Developers should have some brain, if they really need to allow premades, then they should put premades versus premades...

Edit: wait, not a good idea, people like you would stop playing mmorpgs as they should make some effort and have some skills to win in pvp.

Edited by Frnnd