Tauntaun Mystery [SOLVED]

Jenemi

If you would like to subscribe to this thread, please click here! Thank you!

Since there is already a topic about the Orobird and about other Pets (like Raklings, Akk Dogs, and etc.), I figured there should be a topic to discuss how to get the Tauntauns. The first Taunlet was gotten by Boisha. You can find the post from page 117 onward in the old thread. If you'd like to talk about something besides Orobirds or Tauntauns, this is the thread for any other pet discussion/theories.

Current Ways to get Tauntauns:

Taunta - Buy from Collector's Edition Vendor for 200K

Taun Fawn - Redeem special code from PAX East

Legacy Tauntaun Ram Pet - Given to all users who were active subscribers as of April 12th OR April 22nd, 2012 at 12PM EST. It was sent out through mail to all character's on an account that fit these circumstances on April 24th and April 25th, 2012.

Taunling - Exotic Animal Crate drops from Gargath on Hoth.

Taunlet - The Hoth Mission Pet. PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR INFORMATION.

Smelly - Still not in game, most likely at this point.

Are you interested in Taunlet? Probably, if you're here. It's the one the community has been trying to figure out for ages. If you'd like to figure it out yourself:

Hints:

-You need the Jerky Buff to cause it to appear. (However, if someone else summons it, you can see it even if you do not have the buff.)

-You need to be quick to capture it with the NVSCSS (and thus, need the NVSCSS)

-It IS found on Hoth.

-You can be on your speeder.

-It is NOT A CAVE, but is a dead end (and you have to go inside of it)

-THERE IS NOTHING YOU HAVE TO KILL. (well, maybe stuff on the way, but nothing shows up or is in the area)

FOR SPECIFIC COORDINATES, CLICK THE SPOILER BELOW:

X:834, Y: 759

Important Notes:

Tested this comprehensively today, while going through a couple of jerkeys.

Several people can the pet, provided just one has the buff and haven't grabbed their pet yet.

This was tested both in and out of party, and everyone was able to see and grapple the spawned taunlet.

All of this assumes that the person with the buff haven't grappled their pet yet.

Note that the act of using the NVCSS on the taunlet is the deciding factor of whether you can or cannot spawn the taunlet. I specifically tested that it isn't just whether you've added the pet to your collection.

Also note that if you get the message about the frightened taulet, but you cant see the pet it might be because you spawned it on your way out of the cave and it timed out (my guess ~15-20 secs). Don't worry, just wait outside a little bit and it will spawn again on your way in.

ICE SCRABBLER JERKY SCHEMATIC (Or actual Ice Scrabbler Jerky) DROPPED BY:

-Drops from HM Kaon Under Siege final boss.

-Snowblind drops the schematic and jerky itself.

-Gargath also drops the schematic

-Primal Destroyer also drops the schematic

You can also get the schematic from Reverse Engineering the Jerky itself, but only from Jerky that is dropped by mobs. You can not RE Jerky crafted by others. The Schematic is not Bind on Pick-up, but can not be sold on the GTN (It can be traded and/or mailed though).

THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE WILL MAKE YOU JERKY:

REPUBLIC

Ajunta Pall: Devon-White

Canderous Ordo: Xaintar

Corellian Run: Sariqa, Bugattiboy

Death Wind Corridor: Saten

Drooga's Pleasure Barge: Riylo

Exar Kun: Senay

Fatman: Boisha, Acklay

Hyperspace Cannon: Kannon

Port Nowhere: Elik

Prophecy of the Five: Duncann, Eekatt, Emidas

Sanctum of the Exalted: Aella

Shadow Hand: Kai'nomen

Sword of Ajunta Pall: Aino, Caecilius

Tarro Blood: Thayde

The Ebon Hawk: Drominativic, Basje

The Progenitor: Cuido

The Red Eclipse: Aefa

The Shadowlands: Griselda, Ubique

IMPERIAL

Ajunta Pall: Wölf

Atho City: Ashardis

Baselisk Droid: Lin'el

Begeren Colony: PersausDCW

Canderous Ordo: Valmort (May not respond :/), Fugitivelama, Saa'raa

Corellian Run: Vorg

Darth Traya: Kwich

Dxun Battle Circle: Calanthe

Exar Kun: Sardono

Fa'athra: Snarf

Fatman: Sefen

Hanharr: Vladmaul

Helm of Graush: Elpis

Hidden Beks: Ganis

Jedi Covenant: Grigore, Drixio

Master Dar'Nala: Zibbeth, Xeebok

Master Zhar Lestin: Ogukai

Nightmare Lands: Agidius, Mordina

Port Nowhere: Durin'sbane

Rakata Mind Prison: LtCosmos

Rogue Moon: Shadowforce

Saber of Exar Kun: Baal

Shadow Hand: Geohut, Vel'Hara

Shaltin Tunnels: Laodi

Sith'Ari: SnipeAlott, Rage'el

T3-M4: Cyclonit

Tarro Blood: Heinous

The Crucible Pits: Jag-Fel

The Progenitor: Alexa

The Red Eclipse: Grusomme, Aefan

The Shadowlands: Gixxer, Teejay

The Tomb of Freedon Nadd: Vitalstatistix

Vornskr: Nynaevesedai, Anna'rra

FACTION NOT SPECIFIED

Dalborra: Tu'Hara

Master Dar'Nala: Zibbeth, Struck

Vrook Lamar: Desiirea

OTHER STUFF:

-NVSCCS is sold by the vendor who sells the grapple gun on Alderaan.

-You can find an Ice Ferns at X:-3085, Y:-1756, X:897, Y:799, and X:-2823, Y:193. Anyone can grab it.

-Liver is dropped from pretty much everything.

Edited by Jenemi

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, you can't. When I hover over the Jerky, it clearly says No Research Available in nasty red letters.

Really? That's odd, considering it says you can in the patch notes.

This recipe can be learned by finding the schematic or by reverse engineering Ice Scrabbler Jerky

Do you have 300+ Biochem?

If so, then it may actually be a bug.

Just to clarify something Dragonbgone, my fellow guildie, said last thread, we have collectively made the decision to not hand out coords because we fully agree with what Boisha said.

This was a really fun hunt, I enjoyed exploring theories and going back to the drawing board with you guys! That said, the hints Boisha were more than enough for us to find it within 30 minutes of his/her posts, and I'm fully certain that many of you will find it easily as well. :)

Anymore hints or a direct location?

Read Dragon's reply. The hints pretty accurately describe where to go :p

Here we go: HINTS:

You can be on your speeder.

It is NOT A CAVE, but is a dead end (and you have to go inside of it)

THERE IS NOTHING YOU HAVE TO KILL.

Good luck boys, hope the pet gets you all warm and fuzzy.

Anymore hints or a direct location?

Neither user posted one, but Dragonbgone said to PM them for specific coordinates. If they give me permission (when they have a chance to respond to my PM), I have no issue putting the specifics in spoiler tag in the first post.

Really? That's odd, considering it says you can in the patch notes.

Do you have 300+ Biochem?

If so, then it may actually be a bug.

I am 400 Biochem and yes, I was startled as well when I saw the "No Research Available" message.

I actually spoke way too quickly. The person I was hunting for is EXTREMELY against me giving out coordinates for her reasons as a treasure hunter (not selfish I promise). I was able to convince her for us to put up a video in a day so I will post that link in the chat. It's mainly for the people like us that have been hunting with everyone else for SO LONG. (Hoth is burned into my skull) :)

If you look at the hints I put up you should be able to find it.(It's worth trying to find it) If you don't want to then just click the link in a day. Once again my apologies, I know you've worked hard to get it.

I am 400 Biochem and yes, I was startled as well when I saw the "No Research Available" message.

That's...really weird. I'd actually send a bug report then since it's clearly stated in the patch notes.

I actually spoke way too quickly. The person I was hunting for is EXTREMELY against me giving out coordinates for her reasons as a treasure hunter (not selfish I promise). I was able to convince her for us to put up a video in a day so I will post that link in the chat. It's mainly for the people like us that have been hunting with everyone else for SO LONG. (Hoth is burned into my skull) :)

If you look at the hints I put up you should be able to find it.(It's worth trying to find it) If you don't want to then just click the link in a day. Once again my apologies, I know you've worked hard to get it.

That's...incredibly depressing v-v I guess I'll go change the first post.

Edited by Jenemi

Everything you need is in the preceeding posts. If you have been in on the search on Hoth, you will find it easily with the info previously provided. With that final hint I went straight to it.

Will be on the station (Sanctum of the Exalted - Republic) for a bit displaying my new pet. Great work guys.

It sucks I know exactly where this is But no one on my server has the schematic. Was even offering 1mil credits for someone to make,

Have you run Kaon HM? We did the FP once and it was in the chest on the final boss.

Edited by Jinxblog

Everything you need is in the preceeding posts. If you have been in on the search on Hoth, you will find it easily with the info previously provided. With that final hint I went straight to it.

Will be on the station (Sanctum of the Exalted - Republic) for a bit displaying my new pet. Great work guys.

Maybe it's just because I'm sick--my mind is completely blank and not connecting the dots regardless of how many deadends I can think of.

...Not that it matters since I can also not find anyone who can make the jerky :(