1.2 BiS Operative PvP Gear

playasaurus

In continuation of the previous BiS thread...

Sources:

http://www.oldrepublic.net/content/attachments/1750d1332345452-ia-smuggler-dps-wt.jpg/

http://www.oldrepublic.net/content/attachments/1751d1332345478-ia-smuggler-healing-wt.jpg/

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/agentfieldmedicset-70.jpg

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/agentfieldtechset-70.jpg

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/agentenforcerset-70.jpg

Orange crit gear with power augments

War hero field medic leg mods

War hero enforcers chest enhancement

I would venture to say using the 2piece pve set bonus is still the way to go, as you're only sacrificing 100 total expertise from the armoring mods, however there's only 1/5 pieces with high crit/low end. I am also not sure how an orange rifle with expertise crystal (153 total) and matrix cube would fare against war hero rifle and expertise relic.

Any thoughts?

Edited by playasaurus

well i am still new to idea gear stats. didn't realize till last couple of days that stacking power is basically the way to go due to power giving more benefit than cunning and expertise losing value past a certain point. question is with the changes on value of expertise is losing the expertise from 2 pieces of gear going going decrease our dmg over the extra like 16% crit with backblast. i would still think the 2 piece pve gear would be better but i could be wrong. Edited by RAVIAH

• 3 weeks later...

Sources:

http://www.oldrepublic.net/content/attachments/1750d1332345452-ia-smuggler-dps-wt.jpg/

http://www.oldrepublic.net/content/attachments/1751d1332345478-ia-smuggler-healing-wt.jpg/

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/agentfieldmedicset-70.jpg

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/agentfieldtechset-70.jpg

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/agentenforcerset-70.jpg

I would venture to say using the 2piece pve set bonus is still the way to go, as you're only sacrificing 100 total expertise from the armoring mods, however there's only 1/5 pieces with high crit/low end. I am also not sure how an orange rifle with expertise crystal (153 total) and matrix cube would fare against war hero rifle and expertise relic.

Any thoughts?

Is the op confirmed for bis ?

I'll be looking at putting together orange shell gear with the PvP 2 piece medic bonus and 2 piece sniper bonus on it. Probably still won't find the urge to PvE for the 2 piece PvE bonus.

I like an extra tic of orbital strike tactically speaking.

I had my orange belt and bracer lined up for 1.2, figured you would be able to put BM armoring mods in them since they don't contain set bonuses. Guess what - you can't.

Anyway, BiS will be 2 pieces pre-1.2 pve enforcer gear with war hero mods, rest of gear orange crit crafted with same stat weights as before. You will be giving up 36 cunning 24 endurance and the 4 piece pvp set bonus for 15% chance to crit on backstab, which I think is well worth it.

Edited by playasaurus

• 3 weeks later...

Any thoughts?

does this still ring true after 1.2?

use these mods in all your gear, war hero wise?

do you also put the power augments in your gear?

Now 1.2 is out and there are no ranked warzones, prices are a little different. Obviously Orange+Aug is best.

Cheapest/most useful enhancement is WH Field Tech Boots.

Cheapest/most useful mod is then WH Field Medic Boots.

Have 2 Enforcer PvE gear for the +15% backstab crit chance, I suggest Tionese/Columni Head/Gloves (Just for aesthetics) with Field Tech/Medic Boot mods within them. [The ultimate Best in Slot would be to have Campaign Armour mods x 2 within orange Augment gear, but this is difficult for PvPers, you will lose expertise from this]

All the barrels are the same for the weapon, so pick whichever weapon has the most appropriate mods.

Buy the boots until your surge/crit is satisfactory (everyone says 35% (inc agent buff) crit and 75% surge, no clue where these parses come from. DM for Crit is roughly 25%, Crit% from cunning is linear but adds little up to around +10% crit for 2000 cunning), 5% Base + 25% Crit (1400 crit points, very unlikely) + 8% Cunning +5% buff = 43% realistic cap on crit rating, getting 1400 crit in your gear would be difficult though, everyone just says 35% overal crit chance is ideal).

Surge DMs at about 75%, so aim for 75%ish surge. After you have achieved this stack Cunning/Power like no fricken tommorow, don't ignore Endurance though.

Regarding Relics? I still have a matrix cube, undecided on whether 2 relics or 1 relic + cube is better. I will say however that you can use a Power and Crit/Surge relic at the same time, this is how Operatives get their best take downs (only really helps your crit rating as you have approached DM for surge around 75%, the cube will only up this to 79%)

This is very hashed together.

Love

Now 1.2 is out and there are no ranked warzones, prices are a little different. Obviously Orange+Aug is best.

Cheapest/most useful enhancement is WH Field Tech Boots.

Cheapest/most useful mod is then WH Field Medic Boots.

Have 2 Enforcer PvE gear for the +15% backstab crit chance, I suggest Tionese/Columni Head/Gloves (Just for aesthetics) with Field Tech/Medic Boot mods within them. [The ultimate Best in Slot would be to have Campaign Armour mods x 2 within orange Augment gear, but this is difficult for PvPers, you will lose expertise from this]

All the barrels are the same for the weapon, so pick whichever weapon has the most appropriate mods.

Buy the boots until your surge/crit is satisfactory (everyone says 35% (inc agent buff) crit and 75% surge, no clue where these parses come from. DM for Crit is roughly 25%, Crit% from cunning is linear but adds little up to around +10% crit for 2000 cunning), 5% Base + 25% Crit (1400 crit points, very unlikely) + 8% Cunning +5% buff = 43% realistic cap on crit rating, getting 1400 crit in your gear would be difficult though, everyone just says 35% overal crit chance is ideal).

Surge DMs at about 75%, so aim for 75%ish surge. After you have achieved this stack Cunning/Power like no fricken tommorow, don't ignore Endurance though.

Regarding Relics? I still have a matrix cube, undecided on whether 2 relics or 1 relic + cube is better. I will say however that you can use a Power and Crit/Surge relic at the same time, this is how Operatives get their best take downs (only really helps your crit rating as you have approached DM for surge around 75%, the cube will only up this to 79%)

This is very hashed together.

Love

so, everytime you want to buy the field tech boots you need the battlemaster boots to trade in, right? isnt this just a crazy grind or what?

so, everytime you want to buy the field tech boots you need the battlemaster boots to trade in, right? isnt this just a crazy grind or what?

Yes it is an insane grind, about 800 Wzs to get full War Hero mods atm. But once rated is out (if ever) it will be alot easier. Good luck getting Zal Alloy to craft your Orange Augmented gear also, especially on low populated servers.

:D

Mods of interest:

Power Mod

• 32 Endurance
  • 51 Cunning
  • 50 Expertise
  • 39 Power

Source:

Field Tech’s Leggings (2225 Ranked, 975 Warzone)

Field Medic’s Leggings (2225 Ranked, 975 Warzone)

Field Tech’s Jacket (3465 Ranked, 1425 Warzone)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crit Mod

• 32 Endurance
  • 51 Cunning
  • 50 Expertise
  • 39 Critical Rating

Source:

Enforcer Boots (2000 Ranked, 875 Warzone)

Field Medic’s Cloves (2000 Ranked, 875Warzone)

Field Tech’s Gloves (2000 Ranked, 875 Warzone)

Field Medic’s Boots (2000 Ranked, 875 Warzone)

Field Tech’s Headgear (2425 Ranked, 1075 Warzone)

Field Medic’s Suit (3465 Ranked, 1425 Warzone)

Enhancements of Interest

• 27 Endurance
  • 30 Expertise
  • 41 Power
  • 53 Surge

Source:

Field Tech Boots (2000 Ranked, 875 Warzone)

Enforcer’s Jacket (3200 Ranked, 1425 Warzone)

Field Tech Sniper Rifle (3465 Ranked, 1550 Warzone)

Previous Post

Also with so many things now giving an incredible amount of surge you reach the hardcap really quickly. Meaning we will have way more play with secondary stats (accuracy/alac). I am not saying stack accuracy for the possibility of a 10% chance to hit a sin in force shroud or anything, but cast speed might be worth a look *shrug*

1446 END

140 AIM

1699.21 CUN

1234 EXP

626 POW

252 CRI

1298 T.POW

539 SUR

--------------------------------------

29.55547008 Total CRI chance (without crit buff includes companion + talented 3%)

821.4801 TOT +DMG

78.91796306 Tot Surge +DMG (overloaded stat, can remove 3-4 mods and it will only decrease to 75 ish)

23.19014659 PvP %

Stats which I am currently contemplating which includes WH E. Belt + Bracers, WH FM Knife, WH Trapper Ear, WH Trapper implant (might keep BM ones for increase in power, undecided), Relic is WH Power + Matrix cube. 5 Skill 22 augments, 5x WH E. Armorings, 6x WH Power Surge Mods (41 pow, 53 surg, debating lowering this and taking acc/alac), 4x +39 Power mods, 2x +39 Crit Mods, Power Color Crystal, WH Barrel. Which should give the above mentioned stats with all datacrons founds.

As I have said this is only a "tentative" idea and who knows, my numbers could be off due to a miscalc somewhere.

DM for Crit is roughly 25%, Crit% from cunning is linear but adds little up to around +10% crit for 2000 cunning), 5% Base + 25% Crit (1400 crit points, very unlikely) + 8% Cunning +5% buff

Crit % from cunning is not linear at all, it uses a similar formula to what crit rating uses with different numbers. The theoretical cap from this is 30% contribution from Crit rating, and 30% from cunning with 5 base and 4 % from hard bonus' (then additions from specific skill +crit chance) which means you can theoretically get 69% crit, however this is not even going to happen due to how the formulas are set up. Basically what this means is that your contribution from cunning will actually give you over your estimates for 2k cunning (much more).

Formulas from sithwarrior.com:

30*(1-(1-(0.01/0.3))^((Cunning/50)/2.5)) -----------> Cunning crit contribution

30*(1-(1-(0.01/0.3))^((Crit Rating/50)/0.45))-------> Crit Rating Contribution

Edited by Rizael

Holy necromancer batman

This is all a BiS discussion about pure damage output, which is great for soloing, but getting some endurance over dmg is a better solution if you run premades with a healer.

With full surge in all my pieces, I'm sitting at 79.6% surge, and have decided to replace some of it for alacrity.

Edited by playasaurus

To get the pve 15% crit bonus with losing as little expertise and other stats as possible you have to do this:

Get any 2 pieces of pre 1.2 pve gear with the set bonus, those will have the set bonus on the shell and will keep it on the shell, rip out all modifications, put in the right bm armoring (hands for hands, feet for feet etc.) and then put in the wh mods and the wh enhancements you desire, this way you will get the pve bonus from the shell but lose about 20 expertise and some cunning and armor.

However you will lose 2 possible augment slots this way, so once you are completely geared you might want to switch to augmented pieces of wh gear so keep your armorings in your bank.

To get the pve 15% crit bonus with losing as little expertise and other stats as possible you have to do this:

Get any 2 pieces of pre 1.2 pve gear with the set bonus, those will have the set bonus on the shell and will keep it on the shell, rip out all modifications, put in the right bm armoring (hands for hands, feet for feet etc.) and then put in the wh mods and the wh enhancements you desire, this way you will get the pve bonus from the shell but lose about 20 expertise and some cunning and armor.

However you will lose 2 possible augment slots this way, so once you are completely geared you might want to switch to augmented pieces of wh gear so keep your armorings in your bank.

I donthinkyou need this? Have you tested both ways?

]Crit % from cunning is not linear at all, it uses a similar formula to what crit rating uses with different numbers. The theoretical cap from this is 30% contribution from Crit rating, and 30% from cunning with 5 base and 4 % from hard bonus' (then additions from specific skill +crit chance) which means you can theoretically get 69% crit, however this is not even going to happen due to how the formulas are set up. Basically what this means is that your contribution from cunning will actually give you over your estimates for 2k cunning (much more).

Formulas from sithwarrior.com:

30*(1-(1-(0.01/0.3))^((Cunning/50)/2.5)) -----------> Cunning crit contribution

30*(1-(1-(0.01/0.3))^((Crit Rating/50)/0.45))-------> Crit Rating Contribution

Based on this chart

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forums/attachment.php?aid=293

Cunning gives about 12% at 2000, which in PvP is unlikely. It is also easily describable as linear due to no sudden DM.

Edited by Exsqeeze
Adding in quotes

This is the best way to maximise Expertise on PvE set.

I am still unsure which is better 2 power augments or +15% crit chance to backstab :S

Edited by Exsqeeze

This is the best way to maximise Expertise on PvE set.

I am still unsure which is better 2 power augments or +15% crit chance to backstab :S

Im testing it out now. Had all power augments but wasnt getting great results. Ill chime back in and let you know how it works... Costing me a ton of creds though

• 4 weeks later...