Do Red Polychromic Crystals still exist?

CloudCastle

I've been trying to find these for about a month. Whats going on? I ran missions after mission...no luck. So I looked up which missions were supposed to reward them. Then I ran only those missions every time I logged on with that character for the last month. Not a single red polychromic crystal came back. So I looked up where they could be gathered. The website said Ilum. So I went there tonight and wandered around, covering the entire map. After about 30-40 minutes I gave up. I didn't find a single color crystal node, let alone red. I double checked the info and found a suggested route to travel. It was the same route I had just done, except in reverse. Then I thought maybe by some weird coincidence someone else was farming them too and getting them all before I did. But there were only 28 other people on the planet, and I rarely ran into anyone.

I'm at a loss. I bought a schematic with comms so I could make red hawkeye crystals, but I can't use it! Is anyone else finding Red Polychromic Crystals? I thought I was just having bad luck, but after so long trying to find them, I just can't figure out what's going on. I can't possibly be that unlucky, right? :confused:

Yes they still exist. You can find Red, Blue, & Green Polychromic Crystals on: Corellia, Ilum, Makeb, and the [Daily] areas of Belsavis, Section X, & Blackhole. You can also get them from get them from level 49 - 50 Archaeology Color Crystal (grade 6) companion gathering missions.

^The daily areas up there are correct, but usually they spawn as power crystal or artifact fragment nodes.

There is only one mission in archaeology that gives grade 6 color crystals unless you use one of the 340 mission items.

^The daily areas up there are correct, but usually they spawn as power crystal or artifact fragment nodes.

Yes, take note that any spot that can spawn a color crystal node can also spawn a power crystal or artifact node instead. So when you're looking for nodes to harvest, you need to take all the archeology nodes in case they spawn as a color crystal next time.

I get them doing dailies in Section X pretty often. Might be just my imagination, but the green ones seem to spawn more often than the reds at nodes, though.

I don't remember ever getting one from a mission.

Edited by PLynkes

I did Section X last night. Found a few archeology and power crystal nodes and eventually one green crystal and one blue crystal node. No red ones appeared during my time there. For kicks, I checked Ilum again too. No color crystal nodes on the entire planet as far as I could tell.

I still run the mission that is supposed to drop them and finally, for the first time in many, many, many tries, a few red crystals were returned. I was still one short for what I wanted to make.

So I caved in and just bought a few on the GTN since the prices were reasonable.

It seems really off to me though that color crystal nodes have such a low spawn rate. (Even when I grab everything in sight, hoping for a better respawn!) :(

I did Section X last night. Found a few archeology and power crystal nodes and eventually one green crystal and one blue crystal node. No red ones appeared during my time there. For kicks, I checked Ilum again too. No color crystal nodes on the entire planet as far as I could tell.

I still run the mission that is supposed to drop them and finally, for the first time in many, many, many tries, a few red crystals were returned. I was still one short for what I wanted to make.

So I caved in and just bought a few on the GTN since the prices were reasonable.

It seems really off to me though that color crystal nodes have such a low spawn rate. (Even when I grab everything in sight, hoping for a better respawn!) :(

Well, color crystals are only used for making, er, color crystals. Power crystals and artifacts are used for making everything else in Artifice and everything in Synthweaving. It only makes sense that color crystals would appear at a lower rate.

Hang in there. I've had a few days where ALL I saw was Red Crystal spawns (Of course I needed blue...).

I also spam the crystal missions when Im low (I make crystals for my guild, our bank is full of em), and the reds DO seem rare.

Color Crystals also make Dye Modules and you need quite a lot for those. With only 1 colour crystal mission per archaeology tier and you won't always get the colour crystal mission at all they can be hard to get . I find those damn 3rd tier colour crystals the hardest to find.

Probably need them elsewhere too but Dye Modules are the main place I use them on.