Prum's Solo Open 3

septru

Prum's Solo Open 3

For those of you who don't know me I'm Prum. I have played this game for close to 4 years now on and off but I really became interested in dueling 2 years ago. From there I practiced operative duels 24/7 with my great friend Nike while participating in many tournaments throughout the SWTOR servers. I now play on Satele Shan where I main operative, with 2 operatives in top 3. I love creating community events where players can show off their skills and experience while competing at an elite level. Alongside my co-hosts, Sati and Kogass, I have hosted 2 other galaxy wide tournaments:

and PSO2.

What to expect in PSO3:

THIS WILL BE THE FIRST EVER 2V2 STRONGHOLD TOURNAMENT. Let me repeat that because it bears repeating. This is the first 2v2 tournament since the introductions of strongholds and customizable arenas, and the first since the introduction of level sync. So grab a partner and get in there!

The tournament is being held within a week of the release of the new stronghold because we want to

a) preventing teams from entering with a pre-existing "meta"

b) allow a vast amount of classes and specs since players will not have yet been able to identify the strengths and weaknesses of all specs and their combinations with other specs

c) force players to be able to use their skill, communication, and pre-existing knowledge of the game to adapt to new environments since a 2v2 Stronghold Tournament has never been held before.

Double Elimination: First of all, we want to make this as fair and even for everyone so that you can display the best of your skill. In order to do that the tournament will be Double Elimination. Double elimination is a special elimination process where it takes 2 losses to be out of the tournament, but you will not be fighting the same person each time. For more details you can join the discord https://discord.gg/cGgcCyN or view the explanatory signups and brackets sheet for yourself https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SsUF1bPcJNXRnjeTRh2UnDQPtyVOcnOsKsDVzuN8grs/edit#gid=0.

Rules: As this is the first ever 2v2 tournament held on strongholds, rules have been carefuly constructed to keep the tournament as fair as possible while also allowing for diversity of classes, specs, and strategy. Rules are as follow:

• No class stacking. (2 of the same class)
  • Operatives, Mercs, and/or Sorcerer can not be on the same team.
  • No healers or tanks. Off healing is allowed, while offguarding (placing a guard on another player) is not allowed.
  • Stealth classes each get 1 combat stealth per fight.
  • Saphealing (out of combat regen) is allowed for both stealth classes.

Join the discord for more information and updates about rules. https://discord.gg/cGgcCyN

Rewards:

1st place

3600 Cartel Coins, 2 30 Day codes, 2 special (limited edition) Pet Codes

2nd place

1800 Cartel Coins, 2 special (limited edition) Pet Codes

3rd place

900 Cartel Coins, 2 special (limited edition) Pet Codes

As always, credits will also be given out to winners. If anyone can help donate credits, thank you so much! Everything helps because all credits come outa pocket, and everything goes to the winners. You can DM me personally for donations. Thank you so much.

Signups and Brackets:

• 1 bracket.
  • 10 teams.
  • A total of 20 players.
  • First come first serve.

Players can sign up by reaching me through email, discord DM, ingame whisper, twitch DM, PM, or any other form of communication. (I check discord DM the most frequently). Please sign up with your character names, classes, roles, and team name. Team names should be in good taste. We reserve the right to deny any team names. I will then publish your team name BUT NOT YOUR CLASSES OR CHARACTERS. This will eliminate counter-comping. Please do not divulge your team compositions or your team name. For more information and updates please join the discord: https://discord.gg/cGgcCyN

ALL TEAMS ARE EXPECTED TO SHOW UP 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT STARTS.

ALL TEAMS MUST PAY THE 1M ENTRENCE FEE BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT STARTS TO HOLD THEIR PLACE ON THE SIGNUPS.

Any team that wishes to participate but does not get a spot will be put on waitlist. For more information you can join the discord https://discord.gg/MSzYV4B or view the explanatory signups and brackets sheet for yourself, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SsUF1bPcJNXRnjeTRh2UnDQPtyVOcnOsKsDVzuN8grs/edit?usp=sharing.

Out of respect for the work put in to hosting this tournament please do not troll, mess with, or disrupt the tournament in any way. Please do not restream or rebroadcast the stream without express consent from tournament hosts. Doing so will violate in a stronghold kick.

The tournament will be streamed and commented by Kogass and SatiStarr http://@https://www.twitch.tv/kogass_ with CC, item, and credit giveaways. Even if you aren't competing tune in!

Thank you so much! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Edited by septru

Team Janglor+Ble vs Team Trixxie first round.

To really build camaraderie they have to group with one another though. Meaning, Janglor will duo with Trixxie and Ble can group with Trixxie's teammate. That way they can get to know each other, mix it up and become pals.

To really build camaraderie they have to group with one another though. Meaning, Janglor will duo with Trixxie and Ble can group with Trixxie's teammate. That way they can get to know each other, mix it up and become pals.

LoL, I cant see that happening.

• 2 weeks later...

@everyone As we near closer to the tournament, please remember a few details.

1) If you have signed up already, please do not release your team name or team's class composition. You are allowed to change your team's class composition up to the day of the tournament and we don't want any class counter comping.

2) If you have not yet signed up, there is still room. Signups and brackets are viewable at this link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SsUF1bPcJNXRnjeTRh2UnDQPtyVOcnOsKsDVzuN8grs/edit?usp=sharing

3) Even if your name is down on the list, YOUR SPOT IS NOT RESERVED until you pay the 1 million credit entrance fee (per team). Teams will not be allowed to enter the tournament without paying it.

4) Rewards are still coming. You can expect something close to (if not more than) last tournament's rewards of over $200 USD of Cartel Coins, subscriptions, and unique item codes, in addition to hundreds of millions of credits. Most rewards will go to tournament participants, but some will also be given away during stream.

5) Unfortuanly, due to graphical lag created by multiple players in the same instance, in addition to Stronghold max occupancy limiations, only particapants and special VIP guests will be invited to the stronghold. However, the tournament will be streamed by Bioware influencer, Kogass, and tournament expert, Sati Starr, at twitch.tv/kogass_. Make sure to toon in to the stream even if your not participating, for fun, commentating, giveaways, and more.

6) As this is the first tournament that will be hosted in new Rishi PvP Stronghold, we want to make it special. Your hosts are working tirelessly to prepare and construct the perfect tournament, but you can help too; any donations or support of any kind is welcome and extremely appreciated. If you support the tournament in any way, we want to say thank you. All donaters/supports will be publicly thanked on stream, as well as given special privileges that can be discussed in DMs.

Rishi Stronghold max occupancy is set to 75 people I believe... it showed on PTS, I would have to check. However, only particapants will be allowed to come to the stronghold. This is in part in an effort to reduce graphical lag which is caused by multiple players specating in the same instance.

Rishi Stronghold max occupancy is set to 75 people I believe... it showed on PTS, I would have to check. However, only particapants will be allowed to come to the stronghold. This is in part in an effort to reduce graphical lag which is caused by multiple players specating in the same instance.

Can you change who is going to stream the event tho? its *********** aids seeing that kid face or hearing his wintrading voice on stream/discord/anything. just anyone else pls

Sorry but this tournament is, unfortunately, invalid due to the fact that it is titled as Prum's SOLO Open 3. The rules lead me to believe that this is a duos tournament and not a solos tournament. Therefore, this event should be titled Prum's DUO open 1. Currently, this is a simple case of false advertisement and I will not stand for such injustice to be done to our community.

Thank you!

-Laet

@everyone As stated before, the date of the tourni can be pushed back to accommodate for any delay on Bioware's end or problems with the arena. As of the latest Bioware announcement, the tournament will be pushed back to Sunday, August 12th at 2:00PM EST, 11:00AM PST, and 6:00 PM GMT.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9628829#edit9628829

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder that the tournament is THIS SUNDAY AT 2PM EST, 11AM PST, 6PM GMT.

With that said..... rewards are in!

1st place

3600 Cartel Coins, 2 30 Day codes, 2 special (limited edition) Pet Codes

2nd place

1800 Cartel Coins, 2 special (limited edition) Pet Codes

3rd place

900 Cartel Coins, 2 special (limited edition) Pet Codes

As always, credits will also be given out to winners. If anyone can help donate credits, thank you so much! Everything helps because all credits come outa pocket, and everything goes to the winners. You can DM me personally for donations. Thank you so much.

I will also be posting pictures of the arena, and specific arena rules as I buy the Rishi Stronghold tomorrow.

As stated before, the date of the tourni can be pushed back to accommodate for any delay on Bioware's end or problems with the arena and patch 5.9.2. We are postponing the tournament again to Sunday 8/19/2018 @ 2PM EST, 11AM PST, 6PM GMT in order to accommodate changes with decos and lag. Everything else will remain accordingly such as arena, stream, and rewards. Signups will remain open until Saturday 8/18/18. I apologize for any inconveniences.

With that said, the arena has been created! Players that wish to practice in the new arena can DM me for an invite. Pictures and specific arena rules can be found here, in the discord. https://discord.gg/MSzYV4B