Looking to create something great, PvP, and PvE. But need help

Acaelus-Thorne

I've been around since beta. I have 14k hours in this game. I've played on every server and have seen guilds come and go. There is a trend on star forge that I want to help stop. You either stay in a small 5 person PvP guild and don't queue without your friends, or you get roped into a massive conquest guild that accepts all players regardless of skill or interest and you get drowned out.

Ive spent the better part of 2 weeks messaging every single guild I could find on Star Forge asking about their policies and practices. I've even joined some of them to see what was going on. They all boiled down to three things.

-Conquest farmers, accept all skills levels, advertise on starter planets. Have 40-50 people online at all times. A core group of players that only play with each other (sort of like clicks in high school), meanwhile guild chat is being spammed with "Can someone loan me credits", "What is best DPS", "Why can't I equip a dualsaber on my juggernaut". No coordination besides core players. They run ops, but carry all the new people through and teach them nothing.

- RP guilds. Don't have a lot to say about those, but personally not my thing. I stay away from them as much as possible. Some tend to PvP, some tend to PvE, but not really competitive in nature or welcoming if youre not into their specific RP mindset.

-PvP tryhards. They have their own level 2 guild, with 5-7 members, have some edgy name like "rekt", or "Youre bad", they only queue with each other, or other edgy edgelord guilds. They are usually toxic, and troll via PvP chat.

I want to start a guild, and I need help from people that have vision. I know it may be just a pipe dream but I love this game and I want to play with people that love it too. I personally am a big PvPer, and love to PvE as well. I've done all SM Ops, never NIM, but have an interest. What I want to create is a guild that is ran by a team of people who actually want to compete. Whether thats PVE and PvP. I want to see guildies actually queue together for regs, Ranked, or FPs, Daily SM operations. I want to see competitions. Duels, raffles, prizes for events. Fastest clearing of FPs, etc. I want to see a discord that has people in voice channels laughing and talking strategy and coordination in whatever they are doing. I'm not looking to be an overlord and rule over everyone. I don't even have to be GM, if someone has a dead guild they want to work with me on, i'd be down.

With 6.0 coming out, and even now currently there are a ton of players that are returning to the game looking for guilds. The giant conquest guilds are recruiting them like mad, only for their numbers, not because they want to actually play the game with these people. Sooner or later they will leave, and i've seen it countless times. You join a conquest guild you aren't getting the best of swtor. I think now is a perfect time to create a guild where people that actually want to play at a medium to higher skill level can find a home. If anyone is interested in helping me, or maybe you are already working on something similiar please let me know. PM me if you want, or reply, and I can give you my discord name and we can chat. Also in my findings from joining Conquest guilds and asking questions, I found many people who would be interested in joining a guild like this, but none are created, but didn't want to join until things were established. So I want to establish it with a team of people.

* I also created something on reddit similar but it was immediately removed by the mods for breaking the side rule "No guild chat". Even though they let 99% of the other side bar breaking posts go every day. The recruitment section on reddit is dead so i figured i'd try here*

Edited by Acaelus-Thorne

• 4 weeks later...
The Outer Reaches Company is on Imp side RP/PVP/PVE &Conquest, (ORC) might be what you are looking for. We have all the normal things guilds brag about, Guild Ship and Stronghold, Discord, 10% bonus this that and the other thing . What is important is what we really offer.We require nothing, but offer much. You do what you want, when you want how you want. No required builds or schedule. Play or don't play, whatever. When we do get together we do exactly what you want. We will explain to you not only what you should be doing in a particular instance, but also the why. We can teach you to tank, heal or DPS. We will explain end game gearing and how to put credits in the bank. You have questions we have answers. And yes, we ARE the people they warned you about, even if you choose not to join, we will still help. It’s crazy, I know. https://discord.gg/nF9N78T

I've been around since beta. I have 14k hours in this game. I've played on every server and have seen guilds come and go. There is a trend on star forge that I want to help stop. You either stay in a small 5 person PvP guild and don't queue without your friends, or you get roped into a massive conquest guild that accepts all players regardless of skill or interest and you get drowned out.

Ive spent the better part of 2 weeks messaging every single guild I could find on Star Forge asking about their policies and practices. I've even joined some of them to see what was going on. They all boiled down to three things.

-Conquest farmers, accept all skills levels, advertise on starter planets. Have 40-50 people online at all times. A core group of players that only play with each other (sort of like clicks in high school), meanwhile guild chat is being spammed with "Can someone loan me credits", "What is best DPS", "Why can't I equip a dualsaber on my juggernaut". No coordination besides core players. They run ops, but carry all the new people through and teach them nothing.

- RP guilds. Don't have a lot to say about those, but personally not my thing. I stay away from them as much as possible. Some tend to PvP, some tend to PvE, but not really competitive in nature or welcoming if youre not into their specific RP mindset.

-PvP tryhards. They have their own level 2 guild, with 5-7 members, have some edgy name like "rekt", or "Youre bad", they only queue with each other, or other edgy edgelord guilds. They are usually toxic, and troll via PvP chat.

I want to start a guild, and I need help from people that have vision. I know it may be just a pipe dream but I love this game and I want to play with people that love it too. I personally am a big PvPer, and love to PvE as well. I've done all SM Ops, never NIM, but have an interest. What I want to create is a guild that is ran by a team of people who actually want to compete. Whether thats PVE and PvP. I want to see guildies actually queue together for regs, Ranked, or FPs, Daily SM operations. I want to see competitions. Duels, raffles, prizes for events. Fastest clearing of FPs, etc. I want to see a discord that has people in voice channels laughing and talking strategy and coordination in whatever they are doing. I'm not looking to be an overlord and rule over everyone. I don't even have to be GM, if someone has a dead guild they want to work with me on, i'd be down.

With 6.0 coming out, and even now currently there are a ton of players that are returning to the game looking for guilds. The giant conquest guilds are recruiting them like mad, only for their numbers, not because they want to actually play the game with these people. Sooner or later they will leave, and i've seen it countless times. You join a conquest guild you aren't getting the best of swtor. I think now is a perfect time to create a guild where people that actually want to play at a medium to higher skill level can find a home. If anyone is interested in helping me, or maybe you are already working on something similiar please let me know. PM me if you want, or reply, and I can give you my discord name and we can chat. Also in my findings from joining Conquest guilds and asking questions, I found many people who would be interested in joining a guild like this, but none are created, but didn't want to join until things were established. So I want to establish it with a team of people.

* I also created something on reddit similar but it was immediately removed by the mods for breaking the side rule "No guild chat". Even though they let 99% of the other side bar breaking posts go every day. The recruitment section on reddit is dead so i figured i'd try here*

did you find something

I enjoyed this read and it is 100% accurate. I have done this same thing as well. Joined other guilds only to find the same results. So many large guilds on here constantly recruit, or they tell you they are looking for NiM raiders. Only to join their guild and find out you can't get in their clique, and they will never take you on ops. I'm not sure why they even recruit.

My guild used to have and do what you are looking for. But we've been in-active for years now because we were Ranked/PVP players from launch and conquest basically killed the game for us. I think it is a terrible design and game mechanic.

Edited by SOULCASTER