Who is the worst companion?

RDeanOU

I nominate Ashara Zavros and Skadge.

Ashara makes absolutely no sense as a companion for the inquisitor. The archetype based on the emperor...a being a dark side power...and your companion is a zealous Jedi who won't abandon the light that you cannot manipulate to the dark side. Who the actual crap thought that fit into this character's story? It is the worst. I want to jettison her stupid rear out of an airlock the first time she tells me she won't abandon the Jedi teachings. Really?

Skadge is just annoying. My Bounty Hunters are professionals and Skadge doesn't fit with my crew. He isn't especially talented. He isn't professional or discreet. He is a blunt instrument in the hands of a character who uses advanced weaponry. I want to put a hook through one of his 17 chins and drag him behind my speeder through the all of Tatooine.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashara can work as a companion almost perfectly with a Sith Inquisitor...if you don't play that Inquisitor like a complete demon. My main character is a Dark 1 Nox and she had wonderful dialogue with Ashara...discussing how there are as many interpretations of the Sith Code as there are Sith...that it's not all black and white...and in the end, Ashara admits that she's no longer a Jedi.

If you're just EVIL RARRR! then yes, you won't get along with her at all. But then again, there are a lot of companions who won't work with the extreme version of the class they're paired with. I think Jaesa is a much harder character to get along with...because she's either one of two extremes, and if you play a "grey" type character, then it's near impossible to deal with her.

Try playing a political-minded Mini-Marr type Inquisitor and I think you'd have a whole different outlook on Ashara as a character. The Inquisitor is by far my favorite class...because you can delve so much into the idea that not all Sith are crazy psychos who cackle at people and throw severed heads down from the rooftops.

Edited by Dracofish

Scorpio.

She is too dangerous to exist, let alone get a ride on your ship with premium access to the holonet. She even openly admits she's using you and states matter of factly that she will dispose of you once you outlived your usefulness.

The agent should have done the same once he had everything he needed.

While intelligence agencies do have a reputation for "strange" alliances, there is absolutely nothing to gain here.

Edited by Mubrak

Skadge all the way. He forces himself to Bounty Hunter's crew, even if s/he wouldn't take him. He's a brute and I just find him to be annoying in general. :p Wish you could leave him locked within the deepest depth of Belsavis Prison after he helps you to get Zale Barrows.

all the males companions :D

Nah just kidding . Let see , hum...

For Inquisitor: Ashara (cose I play DS , so she doesn't fit . Homewhever I do like that she has more backbone then Jaessa) . THE GODDAMN PIRATE WHO KEEP SAYING 'YOU MISS MEH' every single time he come back from a crafting mission....cant wait to kill him .

Warrior: Quinn (and he is deader then dead) , Pierce Urghhhhh...boringboring boring....Broonmark just Urgh gross!

Bounty Hunter: Justin Bieber aka Torian...(gonna be dead)..Gault (while he is funny , his voice get on my nerve which is a shame ) ,

Agent: Temple....wooo...can't stand her . funny I like the rest of the companions very much .

On the repb side:

Jedi consular: irresso...Ticking Bomb! tharan Cedrax the leech Yurk . The Twilek with anger management.,.Thanx! I pass .

Jedi Knight: Doc...King of sexual harassement !

Trooper: Jorgan the angry kitten :D

Smuggler: CORSO CORSO CORSO CORSO CORSO 10000% CORSO! Did I mention Corso? Yup...CORSO....

we really need your most favorite companion ya know...

I really don't mind most companions. Some aren't all that interesting to me, but they don't bother me. Ashara sticks out because she just doesn't fit with the archetype that class is supposed to represent. I'm trying to be like the emperor and I can't twist one prideful padawan to the dark side?! It makes the player character seem pathetic.

I'm seeing a lot of people echo my complaints about Skadge. He isn't an interesting character on top of being annoying and not fitting the archetype.

As far as favorite companions, Khem Val comes to mind simply because he fits the inquisitor so well. Yes, I'd love to have a dark side monster who once served a legendary Sith Lord at my side. Honestly, there are a lot of companions that I really enjoy. Jaessa, Mako, Kira, Scourge, Qyzen, Elara, M1-4X, Bowdaar, and Kaliyo are all interesting characters to me.

Maybe it depends on the paths you take during conversations, but Ashara approves of a lot of dark side choices, accepts the Sith Code and is reciting the Sith and Jedi codes together by the time you get to Chapter 3. She doesn't go all-out insane like DS Jaesa does, but I think that's a good thing...

LS Jaesa makes me want to throw her out an airlock, though.

IAshara sticks out because she just doesn't fit with the archetype that class is supposed to represent. I'm trying to be like the emperor and I can't twist one prideful padawan to the dark side?! It makes the player character seem pathetic.

I'm not really seeing how the Inquisitor class is supposed to represent the Emperor. If that's how you want to role play it, then that's fine...but the class at its base really doesn't jive that way at all to me.

You're a slave...who trades one master for another. Then you are betrayed by your new master. Then someone else tries to kill you five minutes later...someone who declares war on you simply for existing. You work to gain a power base. You suck in some Force ghosts...who try to kill you. You cure yourself. You get involved in politics. You make friends with Darth Marr...who most definitely is not a fan of the Emperor or the concept of one person having ultimate power...

And yes, if you talk to Ashara rather than yell at her about how much Jedi suck, she does eventually start reciting the Sith Code. She's as much a "grey" character as any by the end of the class story...and who knows where that will take her later. Jaesa, on the other hand...one extreme or another. No middle ground.

In terms of companions I really dislike a whole lot and avoid using at all costs...

Mako - I'm too old for middle-school "do you think he likes me?" "should I pass him a note in study hall?" shenanigans. He's just not that into you, teeny bop. He wants a real woman.

Skadge

Dorne - just seriously the most miserable person I've ever tried to talk to in the game. she hates everything...or she just really needs to get laid.

Doc - restraining order creeper extraordinare

Tharan Cedrax - I take amusement with disliking him, but really I can't stand Holiday.

Edited by Dracofish

I'm not really seeing how the Inquisitor class is supposed to represent the Emperor. If that's how you want to role play it, then that's fine...but the class at its base really doesn't jive that way at all to me.

You're a slave...who trades one master for another. Then you are betrayed by your new master. Then someone else tries to kill you five minutes later...someone who declares war on you simply for existing. You work to gain a power base. You suck in some Force ghosts...who try to kill you. You cure yourself. You get involved in politics. You make friends with Darth Marr...who most definitely is not a fan of the Emperor or the concept of one person having ultimate power...

And yes, if you talk to Ashara rather than yell at her about how much Jedi suck, she does eventually start reciting the Sith Code. She's as much a "grey" character as any by the end of the class story...and who knows where that will take her later. Jaesa, on the other hand...one extreme or another. No middle ground.

In terms of companions I really dislike a whole lot and avoid using at all costs...

Mako - I'm too old for middle-school "do you think he likes me?" "should I pass him a note in study hall?" shenanigans. He's just not that into you, teeny bop. He wants a real woman.

Skadge

Dorne - just seriously the most miserable person I've ever tried to talk to in the game. she hates everything...or she just really needs to get laid.

Doc - restraining order creeper extraordinare

Tharan Cedrax - I take amusement with disliking him, but really I can't stand Holiday.

well it's the only class story in Makeb where your personal Quest is a hint about becoming Immortal .

So while the wrath is close to the emprore , I always saw them more like a warrior on the field (and the emprore pet) .

So I say the Inquisitor is the story that could open to becoming the next emprore .

Unpopular opinion here but I vote Lord Scourge. He makes just as little sense as Ashara, especially after the JK defeats th Emperor in the story. Just a Sith Lord hanging out with Jedi, unrepentant and evil

hopefully he get his due . That bastard killed the exile...revenge kill button PLZ! :D

Unpopular opinion here but I vote Lord Scourge. He makes just as little sense as Ashara, especially after the JK defeats th Emperor in the story. Just a Sith Lord hanging out with Jedi, unrepentant and evil

It completely depends on the sort of Jedi you play. I play a Knight who becomes jaded with the Order, and flips them off in the end. She and Scourge are thick as thieves.

And Scourge is not evil. He's Sith...one doesn't have to equal the other.

well it's the only class story in Makeb where your personal Quest is a hint about becoming Immortal .

So while the wrath is close to the emprore , I always saw them more like a warrior on the field (and the emprore pet) .

So I say the Inquisitor is the story that could open to becoming the next emprore .

I'm pretty sure you mean Rishi?

Either way, my Inquisitor turned it down. She has no interest in immortality. She's like Mini-Marr in a lot of ways.

Most of the base classes in this game are inspired by archetypes we have seen in the movies. If you want to be Luke or Obi Wan you can be a Knight. If you want to be Vader you can be a Warrior. Han Solo is a smuggler, Bobba Fett is represented by the BH...etc...etc.

The inquisitor, especially the Sorcerer, is the Emperor Palpatine archetype.

Now, you can obviously play these classes in many different ways. I’m not suggesting that an inquisitor must be dark side. My point is that the inspiration for the class is that Emperor archetype that can manipulate and twist people to the dark side. Forcing a light side Jedi companion (who cannot be turned to the dark side) on that character is an inexplicable and bizarre choice that simply doesn’t fit.

I was so happy when they gave younthe option in KOTFE

to kill Skadge

. Worthless frakker.

Also on that list: Rusk, Tanno Vik(hell rather have Rusk trade with Vik. Least Rusk makes sense on Havok). Ashara is a waste of space, and Zeenith. Again a waste of space.

The inquisitor, especially the Sorcerer, is the Emperor Palpatine archetype.

At that rate, that just seems like the only connections would be black hoods and shooting lightning from ones fingers. I can make a double-bladed assassin that looks like Maul too, but the character story in itself in no way fits Maul's archetype (even though I'd venture to say that it does fit Maul more than Sidious/Palpatine).

I'll just agree to disagree...we play the game and it's characters however we want in the end.

Edited by Dracofish

At that rate, that just seems like the only connections would be black hoods and shooting lightning from ones fingers. I can make a double-bladed assassin that looks like Maul too, but the character story in itself in no way fits Maul's archetype (even though I'd venture to say that it does fit Maul more than Sidious/Palpatine).

I'll just agree to disagree...we play the game and it's characters however we want in the end.

We can play the game and it’s characters however we want, but it’s a fact that the inquisitor was heavily inspired by Emperor Palpatine in the same way that Boba Fett inspired the Bh and Han Solo inspired the smuggler. It’s not really a matter of opinion. You can disagree all you like, it doesn’t make it any less true.

Whether or not that fact makes Ashara an inappropriate companion is certainly subjective, but I think it makes the inquisitor (who is after all Sith) seem pathetic.